[Cosplay] TR - Heavy Assault Armor (WIP)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akachi, May 9, 2013.

1. Akachi

I am currently working on a full TR Heavy Assault cosplay armor to wear at Dragon-con. As far as I know, no one has made this specific armor just yet (I think SOE made some light assault armors for their promo), so I had to make my own templates and start the project from scratch.

I will be posting my progress in this thread as often as I can as long as there is still interest from you guys. There may be long periods of no updates due to shipping supplies.

Template creation and foam cutting

[IMG]

Under Armor Front Assembled

[IMG]

Under Armor Back Assembled

[IMG]

Top Armor Assembled - Front View

[IMG]

Top Armor Assembled - Back View

[IMG]

Top Armor Assembled - Angle View

[IMG]

Top Armor Assembled - Top View

[IMG]
    • Up x 63
  2. Oheck

I'm not into this type of thing personally, but I'm always interested in seeing artist work. Work on brotha!
    • Up x 4
  3. Heretic

:eek:
    That looks awesome, if you made a helmet i would buy one and wear it while playing the game :cool:
    • Up x 6
  4. Canaris

looking good dude! :)
    • Up x 2
  5. Wintermaulz

Wow, keep up the good work! That is looking awesome!
    • Up x 2
  6. Akachi

Thanks alot guys! I'll be sure to keep posting updates.

I'm actually making the new TR Drednought helmet. Ill be taking a mold of it when it's done, meaning I could make many copies and possibly sell them depending on SOE's copyright policies.
    • Up x 2
  7. Sen7ryGun84

Thats awesome dude. You're pretty good at this. Will watch tread and bump for justice.
    • Up x 1
  8. meucha

Wow ! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  9. FinnSimmons

Respect man! Great piece. I don't think i am going to be wrong if i say now that the final thing is going to look great. :)
    Cant wait to kinda see a IRL Terran Soldier :D
    • Up x 1
  10. EliteEskimo

It's looking good, but the hardest part and the gamechanger will be picking the perfect kick*** set of goggles:cool:
    • Up x 6
  11. rickampf

Awesome dude! :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Prayer Police

Sweet!
    I'm considering doing this for a VS cosplay (infiltrator just to be a bit easier) but don't know where to start.
    What material are you using there? (Probably not something one would use for any VS armor though).
    • Up x 3
  13. Brusilov [TR]

I would start with a very curvaceous model...

Then spandex ;p
    • Up x 1
  14. CrimsonDaemon

Can't wait for the next update
    • Up x 1
  15. Blarg20011

You should definitely make sure that there is room in the helmet for a headset, so you can play PS2 while wearing this. Nice work.
    • Up x 1
  16. RHINO_Mk.II

Awesome, will follow this thread. Keep dem pixks coming.
    • Up x 1
  17. HLM

I shall be monitoring this thread closely..

Are you going with the purely default armour/helmet or will you be adding composite?
    • Up x 1
  18. Blarg20011

He said he would be going with Dreadnought, and the chest armor looks like composite to me. I would hope he goes composite, TR heavies are just sad looking without it.
    • Up x 2
  19. Sweet Jackal

I love it, what materials are you using?
    • Up x 1
  20. Incinerage

Where does the neckbeard go?
    • Up x 1