[Suggestion] Cosmetics for Free ??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrainerS2, Jun 17, 2013.

1. TrainerS2

Hehehe new cosmetics camo everything for real $$
    So i sugest that on 50 lvl you will can chose one of some camos , then meybe on 80 next and 100 ??
    So without spend real money (not everyone can buy station cash) you can get one camo?
    I think one or 2 camos for free didint broke the game :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Lazaruz

Or you could support the game you apparently enjoy playing...
    • Up x 14
  3. TrainerS2

I got no money so i chose Free to Play game :D
    And when is going Pay to Win game i just leve it :D
    Or after so meny ppl pay $$ and suport game, and the cheters still around :D I will dont pay !!!!
    It will be nice to get one camo when you get 50 or 100 BR !!!!!!!!!!
  4. Lazaruz

No such thing as a free lunch. And besides, we just got free camo a month ago.
    But good luck trying.
    • Up x 2
  5. TrainerS2

What a free camo you make me laugh HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
    Or you mean after you spend money on game you will get camo . but i dont spend any cent !!!! and newer will spend !!!!!
  6. illgot

Cosmetics and boosts are the only thing you can purchase with SC Cash. You should feel lucky SOE didn't go all pay to win and make weapons only purchasable via SC Cash.
  7. Spookydodger

I wouldn't mind a buy 3 get one free or something like that. You've already supported it with the other purchases, might get another if the next one was half off (if the same or less cost than the others). It's a time honored tradition!
  8. TrainerS2

JHehehehe wow you make me laugh hehehehee Free to Play game , when you need to but everything for real $$ is not Free to play :D
    For now it is free to play but with spending real money you got a bit adventage (boosts , camos )
  9. (-)IONS

boosts are really the only advantage you can buy with only SC. Cosmetics aren't really an advantage as you still have the faction colour standing out like dogs balls ruining the effect of the camo.

Also we got free camo packs not that long ago for being loyal soldiers :D
    • Up x 1
  10. illgot

yeah, get a job.
    • Up x 4
  11. Jac70

I don't think it would really hurt the business model if players got a small amount of SC with each rank. Just say 5 SC for each rank. Some people really aren't in the position to spend money on SC and it would be good for them if they could get a camo or something after a lot of play.

Still, to those people I would say you can get SC pretty cheap. Just wait for double SC days and then buy things in the sales. I bought the HA and Medic Composite helmets in the sale last weekend. Without using sales and SC offers the prices of things are pretty daft. £4 for a camo, which is essentially a small JPG texture. Then again the money is supposedly going to the ongoing development of the game.

I have only paid about £45 on the game in total which I think is reasonable.
  12. TrainerS2

Hehe but to get this free loyal soldier you need to pay $$ before :D
    So is not that free to get :p
    I spend 0$ for game , and i like it .
    I sugges like Jac70 to players who play long , when you reach BR 100 you will able to het one free camo to get :D
    I dont need all stuff :D i hapy haw it is now but it will be nice to honorate Free to play community :D
  13. IamSalvation

Sometimes i really can´t get my mind around how cheap ppl can be...o_O
    • Up x 2
  14. Kaesarr

I don't like free players to have camos sorry.
  15. Rogueghost

The game is getting to the point where most of the dedicated players can just buy whatever weapon they want with certs, so most of the money the game is getting is from cosmetics.
    And getting a free camo after 50, 80, and 100 is 3 sets of camo, and really thats all you need, one for esamir, amerish, and indar.
    So yes giving players free camos may very well starve the game of cash.
    • Up x 1
  16. TrainerS2

:D I see no love for Free to Play comunity :)
  17. Tommyp2006

I cant see why soe would give free items, when you already get to pay the game for free, free items that others pay for. You dont deserve anything else, you dont support the developers in any way other than being cannon fodder for the rest of us

In short, you get nothing for nothing.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jeno

Do you want to come to my house and clean it? It's a game, you know - it's even free to play! No hidden payment options, i swear! Quite realistic, too - and gets new content every week!
    • Up x 2
  19. deggy

The Free to Play community isn't the customer, it's the product being sold. You, as a free player, play the game because you enjoy it and it's free. The reason SOE keeps you in the game is so there is enough population in the servers to support an MMO style of play. While it's nice that SOE tries to keep its free players satisfied, free players aren't the game's customer base. They're a part of the method of retaining its REAL customer base, which is paying members.

It's good that you like the game, and if you really like it, maybe you'll put some money into it. And don't argue that you can't. Anyone with a computer and internet connection capable of running Planetside can afford a $5 SC purchase.
    • Up x 2
  20. CrimsonDaemon

While its nice that you enjoy the game as the free to play that it is, your experience is being subsidized by those of us who actually do pay for the game. The fact that they are not requiring you to pay to play is their gift to you and a gift from the rest of us who pay to support the developers.
    • Up x 2