Consolidate servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by botosan, Dec 11, 2012.

1. botosan

As more and more people flee this game , can you start consolidating servers......those with multiple factions across said servers would get cert refunded etc.

As of now it's crap in off peak hours(as one would expect), however it's to the point of 1v1 for a bio lab....lol

I also understand queue times are bad, customer cant play they wont hang around etc....but this game is built for massive battles not silly late night mosquito fests...late night where i am may be prime time for another..and that prime time experience is c r ap for that other player....switching servers does not resolve any of that issue as well...a diluted population is diluted no mater how you look at it

goddamit lit cigarette filter GG
  2. YamiNoTenshi

That would cause some awesome queues during peak hours.
  3. Mansen

I'd love to see some documentation of those empty servers, Boto...
  4. Opapanax

Fleeing the game.. Already?
  5. Riftmaker

I agree with the OP. At the game launch there were alot more people then there are now. The server list was full of high/very high populated ones and now they're all low/medium with the odd 2/3 servers that still somehow manage to have high population. This game is made for massive battles which atm can not be done because of the lack of players.
  6. Mansen

Yeah you can blaim that one on the people whining about having *gasp* queues. They overdid it with the server addition just so that the precious loud minority would be happy... if only they realized the consequences.
  7. Ishniana

I think this is a bunch of trolling. I don't know what any of you are talking about, our server is ALWAYS crammed. I see more people coming to the game, not the other way around. I think people like to make these posts about games after they launch just to see who will jump on here to over react...lame
  8. Riftmaker

If you think i'm trolling just look at the server list and their population. Just cause you got lucky and you're on a server that has a nice population on it doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. Actually you're the exception,so gz on that,but do some research before accusing someone else of trolling
  9. KodiakBlack

I'm still seeing huge battles, try watching a fight at Mao tech plant or skydock once they get going, absolute bedlam,
    I'm NOT however missing the queues or the battles so overpopulated that the enemy render distance is such that you cant see the tech plant defenders until they are 2 foot from your face (at which point 4 NC shotgun maxs pop into existance, yay), it still gets quite bad but its no-where near as prevalent in my experience.
  10. Iksniljiksul

They can not merge servers a mere three weeks after release. What will their investors think about the state of the game if they hear about such moves?

Don't expect server merges until after the first three years or so, and if it does get that bad before then this game will shut down.

This game is going to need a huge advertising agenda for all markets in order to recover, once and if they fix this game to run on lower end machines. That is why people left, and you will not get them back by requiring them to purchase new hardware just to run one game.
  11. LordMondando

Leave Miller alone.

I think its a huge priority, realistically we are playing an open beta. But rather that than development hell.

I think, given the fairly high level statements re the jan patch from SoE's president so far. There desperately (I imagine this rather intense work, predates the release of PS2, they were quick to note optimization was not done) working on a fairly large change to the engine. I imagine one that ideally would have been done before gold. But money men said no.

Once word of mouth spreads the game is working properly, I think you'll see a lot of people coming back.
  12. Demrock

Seems most poeple are avoiding combat to farm certs instead of defending objectives these days.
    Alot of servers feel empty or once 1 side starts to take over oponents drop the contitand and join to get the least resistance.

Ahwell maybe SEO will do something about it or maybe not.
    Seen way to many good games fall into oblivion these days to care about a good game dropping down to empty within 2 months.
  13. Riftmaker

Let's hope so. I don't want to just see people coming back,i also want to see more joining. Guess we just have to wait until the "big patch" to see where this whole thing is going
  14. Wibin

Just like PS1 the game starts with huge amounts of servers and they will eventually consolidate.

Most servers are still seeing huge battles, and as well servers with original names from PS1 will always be full, like Miller.