Congratulations, TR and VS

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by drNovikov, Mar 22, 2013.

1. doombro

Judging by the frustration of everybody who actually expected the ESRLs to be direct upgrades to the current launchers, I think SOE has done something right.
    • Up x 5
  2. Comptonunhh

It doesnt have indirect fire capability as i said before, its manueverability is so poor you need direct line of sight, trying to hit anything from behind cover will not allow the rocket to turn back down towards the ground before it either over shoots the target or fizzles due to exceeding maximum range. its a piece of trash through and through. The striker on the other hand puts a vanguard at 10% health from one magazine to the rear, its the ONLY ESRL right now id say is actually worth a damn, if not ludicrously OP considering it out DPS's the decimator.
  3. Kroova

That was a typo. Meant to put "incapable of indirect fire" in the cons section. I believe both the ML-7 and Decimator out-dps the Striker if attacking from the rear since the Striker has lock-on time + fire time allowing both the dumbfire launcher to fire off 2 rocket significantly faster than the 7+ rockets a Striker would need.

That is exactly what I have been saying. I have tried the Pheonix and Striker so far (haven't tried the Lancer yet) and my overall impression is that SOE did a good job of releasing some pretty well-balanced weapons. They are launchers that I could see myself using in certain situations, but I also can see myself still using my G2A and default launchers in other situations.
  4. Bucketmaster

Rule of thumb - NC weapons are ALWAYS the worst.
  5. Edelhonk

LOL...see all the NC tears...you know what? I hope the penix gets even more nerfed.
    They make the Lancer do only very low damage vs infantry because Higlesworth didnt want VS Heavy have a Sniper launcher...but the Phoenix can one-shot infantry...and its a guided sniper-rifle. Great logic.
    And your argument that the Phoenix shot thru infantry shows only that you only use it in VR cause there the rocket goes right thru and target...but that does only happen inside the VR. Outside you can onehit any infantry-target.
    • Up x 1
  6. Comptonunhh

The phoenix does not one shot infantry since everyone these days uses flak armor, I suggest you check your facts before spouting off about things that arent true, one of the first things I did with it is try this on one of my outfit buddies several times, it does roughly 30% damage to an infantry, which is pitiful.
  7. doombro

I'll get on my NC alt and check it in the VR.

EDIT: You're right. It actually goes straight through infantry, MAXes included. The only way to damage them is by aiming at their legs and hoping splash hits them. And the splash is far from one shot.
  8. PS2Freak

yes congratulations to TR. fine balance. you get something what works, and we get POS .

BIG MASSIVE POS. Lancer seems to me also BIG MASSIVE POS.

Tr gets Overpowered Launchers. OP STRIKER.
  9. Shanther

Currently, while charged, the Lancer actually fires 3 projectiles. The problem at the moment is one or more of them missing at range effectively killing the Lancer's already semi low damage. It's not nearly as accurate as people are making it out to be. It's fairly difficult to hit a moving target. There are a couple more major weakness that you didn't mention, not counting the above problem. You can't go from Hipfire to Scope while charging. Nor are you able to hold the charge so you can get a better shot. The Lancer will auto fire a second or two after reaching a full charge. To throw another weakness at it. The charge time is actually longer then that of a lock on launcher. Combine that with all of the other issues it has and you are more or less better off just using Decimators and Annihilators.

Anyone trying to say the Lancer is OP or very good should both go use it for a while and read.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/official-lancer-feedback-thread.107649/
  10. Kroova

Hmm, have not tested that one yet, did not realize that it lacking in accuracy. I'm still seeing holding a niche though :p

"ADS to Scope" <-- typo? I thought Higby said in his preview that you could charge it in hipfire and then scope in to fire. Did they change that?
  11. Shanther

Lawl yes, typo. Fixed. But yeah Hipfire to Scope currently isn't working.
    • Up x 1
  12. doombro

Have you actually tested the striker? It's just an annihilator with less damage and a magazine. It's only good if you manage to hit every shot.

And the striker can be completely negated with smoke, unlike the annihilator.
    • Up x 1
  13. Edelhonk

lol...who uses flak??? Most ppl i know use Nano cause it also gives you a little more health vs explosivs (survived more then on Betty or Proxy cause of the Nano)
    And Phoenix does one-shot inf...got oneshoted by a phoenix 3 times in the first 20min i played right after i started today. It goes only thru Infantry in the VR. On the normal conts if you manage to hit a Infantry target it will explode on contact. Played myself on my NC toon with the 30min trail Phoenix i scored 5 Infantry kills.
    • Up x 1
  14. Comptonunhh

Just about everyone I ask says they use flak, if explosives are giving you trouble i suggest you use it as well, its there for a reason. I fail to see how it would be a problem even if most people werent using flak armor, because in order to hit an infantry with that missile they need to be running straight at you or straight away from you, or just not moving at all, because an infantry running laterally to you will run faster than that pig of a missile can even turn.
  15. Absoluth

I have, and by your simpleton post that adds nothing to the thread, i can see you're just a common troll. Please avoid using the forums. Thank you.
  16. AuntLou42

Your telling him to check his facts yet you say "everyone" uses flak armor. LOL Wow! I'd be willing to bet less the half of the population uses flak armor.
  17. drNovikov

Dude, I'd gladly exchange.
  18. TheUprising

By balance u mean unusable trash then yes
  19. Comptonunhh

It all boils down to this, the phoenix was intended to be able to be used from behind cover, can it do this? Absolutely not, so yes, it needs a revision, and it needs it badly.
  20. Kroova

Higby tweeted that they are planning on buffing the accuracy on the Lancer next week.