[Guide] Complete guide to Infiltrator weapons [TR]

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Mar 3, 2013.

1. ZillFattak

Hm can't edit my post. Anyways, since I am already posting in this thread, a late thx to Mustarde. I picked up the Armistice and the SR-7 after reading this thread and found both weapons superior to the Hailstorm and the Rams .50 . Thx Mustarde.:)
    • Up x 3
  2. DeathSparx

Actually LordDethir might be referring to the auto-scouts which originally had a clip size of 20 with an ammo pool of 120...
    • Up x 1
  3. ZillFattak

My bad then. I got confused by him asking how the scout rifles should be "nerfed" and assumed he meant buffed instead. I thought he was refering to a buff I am not aware of that is already on the PTS (ammo buff to semi-scouts). Ok, so none of these.

Hm, not sure whether the auto-scouts really need a buff. The times I used the SOAS-20 (silencer, forward grip) it felt pretty beastly.
    • Up x 1
  4. LordDethir

True but the fact that the recoil is way to strong for it to be medium ranged. if your lucky you can kill him with the entire clip before he gets close enough to kill you. Also I ment Buff. Stupid terminology!
    • Up x 1
  5. ZillFattak

Yeah, maybe the term "close-medium" (starting at 10+ m) range would be more appropriate. It's strength starts out where smgs' definitely ends.
    But about the part of your enemy "getting close": Range isn't really somethign the SOAS-20 has over your average infantry guy's weapon. Flanking the enemy is essential. Infiltrator's weapons, assuming equal skill, are usually bad for 1 on 1 situations with other classes. If you uncloak right in front of an enemy and try to kill him with the SOAS-20, you are likely to die. Making up for that disadvantage is what the cloak and flanking is there for. That's the reason why this weapon, as some people on this forum put it, is so bad compared to any other automatic weapons in the game.
    I usually use the recoil by aiming for the chest and allowing it to pull the weapon up to the head, making for some nice headshots and increasing dmg this way. I tend to end up with some bullets left in the magazine. Ofc, this assuming a non-shielded enemy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stinneyt

I bought the RAMS.50 and the Hailstorm before ever coming to the forums. I easily obtained Auraxium medals with both.
    I'm now working on the SR-7 and Armistice and they are better weapons.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mustarde

I was surprised to see this one bumped after half a year :).

I was planning a rewrite but wanted to wait until the infil update. Which is still pending :). Good thing because this next patch changes most of the weapons in one way or another.

I will also try to make it faction inclusive (since most of the weapons are reskins of each other). Anyways, glad to see you guys are still finding some of this stuff useful!
    • Up x 1
  8. OldMaster80

Scout rfles remain the same don't they? They've already been buffed once, now they're slightly more reliable.
    Btw I personally prefer the HSR-1, it takes a little more skill but it's very satisfactory to kill with that!!
    • Up x 1
  9. Mustarde

I actually wrote this before the first scout rifle buff (note the magazine sizes I quote in the review for the SOAS and hsr). And before they added sway to the 6x scope for scout rifles (one of the few reasons I liked them)

It's kind of funny to go back and read this. These were the days before nanoweave was doubled. And I used a suppressor all the time. Also, I discuss how ridiculous it is that the KSR-35 has scope sway... 9 months later they are removing it!
    • Up x 1
  10. LordDethir

This is true but the cloak it says: "I'm invisible so come kill me because I'm defenseless" when ever you activate it. I almost never use the cloak in facilities (except to lure players to my location) because it just tells everyone else that i am semi-visible and can't bite back. So the cloak doesn't help flank and unless all your enemies play on low graphics you usually die before you can get into their sweet-spot (Back).
    • Up x 1
  11. OldMaster80

I did see that! WOHWOHWOWHOWHA!!! [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Epic High Five

I would absolutely love if you updated this, as the guns are pretty much the same across the empires and I plan on playing infil a good deal more now that sway is gone from low power optics (never liked the 100m+ stuff, give me 10m BAR headshots or give me death!)
    • Up x 1