[Guide] Complete guide to Infiltrator weapons [TR]

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jac70

Just a question about the SOAS-20

What fire rate is this weapon supposed to have? I assumed it was a Scout Rifle but I've just met a guy shooting it like a SMG. A macro or legit?
    • Up x 1
  2. RAQemUP

SOAS-20 is an automatic fire so it fires fast. But it still only has enough ammo in a clip to kill only one person.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mustarde

The SOAS-20 is a fully automatic scout rifle, meaning it will fire like an SMG, carbine, or LMG. It has a much smaller clip however. The person who was using it against you was not using a macro, that is how the gun fires.

The other scout rifle, the HSR-1, is a semi-automatic rifle that has higher damage per bullet, but cannot use automatic fire. You may have had the impression that both scout rifles fire like that.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jac70

Thanks. Yes I didn't know there was a full auto sniper option.
    • Up x 1
  5. RAQemUP

Just to clarify the SOAS and HSR are not sniper rifles. They are meant for close to medium combat only. While the SOAS is full auto, the HSR will fire as fast as you can press but both have high recoil and need controlled fire outside of close combat.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kroova

I know that you intentionally left out SMGs, but how do the Armistice and Hailstorm compare for the CQC Infiltrator? On paper they seem to be virtually identical with Armistice being slight more accurate and the Hailstorm having a much larger magazine and ammo pool.
    • Up x 1
  7. m44v

the whole time confused 'cause SASR is the name of NC's close range bolt action.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mustarde

Honestly after using both, I have to say I prefer the armistice. The hailstorm's clip is awesome but I find the decreased TTK to be really annoying. It's great for small groups where you can sneak up and kill all of them... but i find myself devolving into spray and pray when I use it. The armistice feels more precise and lethal. And if there are several guys I can usually kill two, cloak up and keep moving until I'm done reloading.

I thought I would like the hailstorm more, but as it turns out, the armistice is my current favorite. It definitely performs better in my hands, and I dont think I predicted that based on the 'on paper' stats of the SMG's.

Also, I didn't realize the confusion with SASR. Looks like something else that needs editing for the v2.0 guide. Thanks!
    • Up x 2
  9. vulkkan

I just picked up the TSAR-42 after seeing your recommedation and some videos, but I haven't found a particular battle where it excels yet. Where, when, and how do you suggest utilizing this gun? (I'm mainly a LA player, but I wanted a new playstyle to experiment with so I'm kinda lost here.)
    • Up x 1
  10. Ivalician

I personally love the quick bolt actions ( SAS-R, Ghost and TSAR-42 ), but they are without a doubt gimped by the lack of a higher power scope. But I do love them. It's hard to explain. Or... hmm... using those rifles, in game, kinda feels like driving a standard with a particularly nice clutch / shifter ( like a Mazda ). Very snickity snack.

But at your ideal range with those rifles around 40 m ( I'm assuming that's the second to last row in the VR training ) to maybe 80 m, where your opponents can't comfortably engage you... unless your are perfect with centering your crosshair, that tiny bit of extra time you need to center your now rather thick crosshairs on a head completely negates the speed advantages. Just stick with your NC-14, XM98 or M77B and 6.0x scope. Your actual throughput will be the same unless you're some kinda pixel god. Or just on a hot streak I guess.

Would love to see a 5.4x ( arbitrary number, just less than 6.0x to maintain clear role separation ) intermediate scope on these in the future. Would really improve the quick bolt actions.
    • Up x 1
  11. Manetheren

It's a mid range weapon, so use it in a biolab/tech plant, though I found it works better whilst defending an amp station. Where it truely shines tho is if you buy a silencer, get behind enemy lines (preferably a tower), and find some corner you think is safe. The fire rate on it is amazing so you can drop 5 engineers using their turrets in 5 seconds?~ You kill them, you move to another spot. You can even 1v1 ppl with this since follow up shots are ez mode. Experiment dude!:)
    • Up x 1
  12. Boggler

Hey Mustarde thanks for the great article, from one Sniper to another this is really useful stuff.
    I have a few comments regarding the SR-7 vs. the RAMS .50
    I took up the RAMS .50 when it was released and saw a noticeable difference in my KPM and it took me about 3 days of play to figure out why my KPM dropped so drastically. The issues is recoil and rescope time + the reload time. The buttery and amazing thing about the SR-7 is theres little to no recoil on shot its VERY easy to rescope onto your target, the RAMS .50 feels like a fight for me, I have to bring it back down - like shooting an elephant gun. Just my two cents. Thanks again!
    • Up x 1
  13. Rob2Kx

Fantastic post. Thanks for spending the time to write it up.
    • Up x 1
  14. redsevenski

I revisited the guide as I've just started using the SR-7 (in the chase for auraxium medals) and am starting to understand your preference for the faster reload speed. I used the RAMS first and found it great, but found the M77 a bit too much like hard work.

The faster reload speed on the SR-7 in an average fight probably won't make much difference to me, as my skills aren't high enough to notice the benefit. However today, during an alert, there seemed to be an unusually high number of MAXes in open area fights. As these take more rounds to kill, the ability to reliably and quickly hit repeatedly is one I noticed and was glad of. Being able to take down MAXes at range allowing your squad to push straight onto the cap points is another great attribute of the infils.
    • Up x 1
  15. LordDethir

Mustarde-
    How do you think the Scout rifles should be nerfed (Besides the 24 round clip boost) Also how to deviate them between factions?
    • Up x 1
  16. ZillFattak

'scuse me? Nerfed? Scout rifles?
    • Up x 1
  17. LordDethir

Yeah they now have a 24 round clip and an ammo pool of 240.
    • Up x 1
  18. SnipersUnion

Great stuff Mustarde! :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Tr0jan

Great thread as always Mustrade, this should help new tr infiltrators :) kinda wish there was a thread like this a while back when I started playing myself :D , never the less it was fun trying everything and testing them for myself.
    • Up x 1
  20. ZillFattak

That's a "buff" for the semi-automatic scout rifles then, not a "nerf", up from (if I remember correctly) 12 in the magazine and a total ammunition of 72.

Still doesn't tempt me to use one.
    • Up x 1