Combine Light Assault Class with Engineer Class?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Neurotoxin, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Neurotoxin

Taking away the ACE and equipping deployables means that they can't put down ammo packs. Jumpjets and deployables would have the same inability to place ammo. That is a big hit for an Engineer to take, in terms of their support role on the field. Once more MANA turrets are in (AV and AA specifically) the choice to give that up for jets is an even bigger decision.

I suppose with AP / AT mines restricted from use with jumpjets, it wouldn't be such a big deal.
  2. Chrispychrisp

I just think the engineer should have the assult rifle instead of the medic Cus the medic is in close and the engineer sits back they need to swap the weapons round I think!
  3. Kurreah

At long range, the engineer has their turret. You can also buy the battle rifle, which is meant to be long range.

Carbine makes more sense for a class that will be acting as a vehicle crewman for some of the time.
  4. shahryar

hehe I want this....but only cause I am selfish and these are the only two classes I play.

I would gladly forgo my guns(well least leave me my pistol)
    if I could just fly to stuff that needs repairs.

Though seriously....tank mines and a jet pack hehehehehe

yea I'd finally be able to be a sapper weeee.
  5. Neurotoxin

The turret is so situational though. Even ground is needed to plant it, it takes a few seconds to put down, snipers see the glowy shield and get ready to headshot the user (that shield needs certs to upgrade or something, it is barely helpful right now), it has zero maneuverability, and it isn't even as flat and tight a cone as it had been back in early beta. I rarely ever see engineer turrets, and usually the operator just eats a sniper bolt or a grenade (or HA rockets) before they can really get their damage in. Engineers should have access to Assault Rifles too, though...
  6. Tarrick

Do LAs have access to the battle rifle? I'm guessing not. Engineers do, however, and this would give semi-automatic sniping capability to the LAs.
  7. SixVoltSamurai

So neuter both classes and combine them because LA's feel useless. Sounds good for Bizarro world. Wait for LA changes to ride the Light Engy train. Also, I fail to see the point of taking away turrets, ammo, and explosives then give them jets... basically you just turned the Engy into LA. I don't see the point in downsizing the class menu rather than giving the LA more to do.