Cloaks.....THEY SUCK!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShadowTheHedgehog, Jan 3, 2013.

1. MarkAntony

1. It removes the red triangle over your head. It's good that it has a cooldown but spotting is a crutch for skilless people and should be removed entirely. The cloak does a bad job at preventing you from being seen.
    2. Oh no. Sniper rifles are actually at an advantage at long range. They should be nerfed immediately! Shotguns are good at close range. Nerf them too.
  2. SarahM

Would be nice if you could exchange the abillity to carry a sniper rifle/smg for longer cloak.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pivke

did anyone noticed that you can no longer see infiltrators with nightvision scope?
  4. Prodigal

1. If you take a closer look at what you wrote, you may find that it is not really a contradiction to what I said.

2. It's not the advantage, its the dimension of the advantage. I generally dont care a lot about 3-4 shot sniper rifles. But I get annoyed that when I see the sniper, he cloaks on high distance and is not visible and uncatchable for me. Or are you going to tell me that you can see a cloaked infil on 100+ meters with your naked eye? Because if you do, I'll call ******** ^^
  5. Prodigal

Yes, I started a thread about it.
  6. MarkAntony

1. Yeah but you said it doesn't prevent spotting which in my opinion is that triangle. You're right though your character still yells about a cloaker being in the area.
    2. Sure you like 3-4 shot sniper rifles since you can always get to cover and recharge your shields making it an invincible godmode for you. If the infiltrator is moving i can see him at 100m.go ahead call ********. If he is not moving and crouching then he is where he cloaked and I can blind fire that spot and he can't even shoot back.
  7. Ulrikke

This be you : http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=ShadowTheHedgehog ? ;)
  8. Prodigal

1. Okay, we got an understanding about this point.

2. For my own part I cannot see a cloaker running on 100+ meters, nor do I know anyone who can. But to add this, I'm not hiding from cloakers. I run at them until I get to a range where I can shoot back. Very hardly possible against 1-shotters that run away and practically disappear for my eye.

Like I already said once before: I see a great problem in the fact that 2 different skills that in any other game are sufficient for 1 class each, are here merged into 1 class only. It's like giving the LA Heavy armor and weapons, or merging HA/Medic etc., you'll get the idea. Make it either cloaker OR sniper. As it is now, the infil has become a class that is almost only counterable by other infils, which I'm afraid will lead to a horrible development of the game, aka InfilSide.
  9. Prodigal

10. Scifi

The cloak for me who plays the infiltrator allot is like wearing a neon blanket over my head with 2 holes cut out, the amount of times ive been killed while stood still is ridiculas, ppl from a distance will turn and fire at me or spot me with ease. Might aswell have an arrow over my head saying dumb sod thinks hes cloaked!!

It really needs to be changed, its just not worth using at times!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. onemancrewbtf

Oh come on guys, stop this babble.

If you can't deal with Infiltrator it's your fault. Planetside 2 is teamwork game, if you see enemy infiltrator ask a friendly Infiltrator to lay down Recon darts and snipe enemy infiltrator from afar. HEAVY ASAULT IS NOT a counter to sniper rifles, it's not intended to be a ultimate tank. Deal with it.

Also SMG and infiltrators are a bad idea(unless spec ops against single enemy), they got already less health.
  12. Jex =TE=

Not anymore - they have fixed that so on low settings, you stick out like a saw thumb. won't tell you how many infi's I killed yesterday whilst they were cloaked. It sucks, they are totally visible sowe now get a 12 second long shield that is useless whilst all the other classes get attention - oh we get ****** SMG's that I won't be buying BECAUSE I WANT TO INFILTRATE AND NOT SHOOT ALL THE ******* TIME!

Duh this is SOny - we are that dumb that our sales model shows that people ONLY like killing other people in video games. They're as brainless as 90% of their customer base
  13. Prodigal

Then dont use it, stop hiding and fight properly.
  14. MarkAntony

Oh no. We are playing a game where snipers are actually tough to find and stealthy? Go play BF3 they have scope glare for you.
    Infiltrators are useless against anything but Infantry and suck at close range. This will never be InfilSide (unless they drastically change the class)
    I'll tell you how to counter it: Use the A and D key on your keyboard. It is known as moving so the sniper can't shoot you in the head.
  15. Timeraider

SMG would work perfect if we could surprise enemies.. atm we are moving black boxes showing up everywhere so that sneaking up part isnt there really atm :p

ofcourse SMGs work perfect against idiots though.. have had some nice killstreaks with it alrdy.

but aside from that.. to much people whining here because they are stupid enough to get killed by the most squishy weird-*** class around?
    got to agree with you on that.. but you know.. even the strongest classes/vehicles etc. will never complain about their own stuff.. so they complain about other peoples stuff.. no matter how little it may be :p
  16. TomoB

Perhaps you switch your cloak on and off too frequently, it makes quite audible noise you know...
  17. Prodigal

uhm this comment made me laugh. I wonder why I wasted so much time on trying to lead a serious conversation with you.
  18. MarkAntony

Same here.
  19. DeusExMachina

My best shot was from 580m and it took ~4s for bullet to reach the target. At 1KM you'd have to snipe AFK ppl.

Bullsh*t. Infantry doesn't render beyond 300m. But yeah, it's a cloak for snipers not infiltrators.

(Now you probably wonder, didn't i just say my best shot was from 580m? Idk how it happened that this guy was rendered but it was once in a lifetime [well... gametime?] opportunity. What is more it wasn't an enemy, not that i could tell from that range, but if i knew i'd still took a shot. Such weird bugs don't happen everyday you know. )
  20. Scifi

DuuUUuuh!!! yeah it is 90% of which are brainlesss...