Cloaks are 100% invisible at low settings, This needs a Fix ASAP...Pictures Inside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Nov 27, 2012.

1. HappyZaps

Nope. It says right there "Settings will take effect once the client has been restarted". Watch the video full screen and you'll see it.

Now, whether or not that makes a difference to this particular aspect of the renderer is a separate issue. On that user's machine there's obviously a difference after he switches graphics levels. But Jojo's point is that until you restart, you can't be sure that all the settings have actually taken effect -- which is exactly why the game says "Settings will take effect once the client has been restarted" in the first place.

I'll add that I'm one of the people who can still see cloakers on low settings. ATI 5750 HD.
  2. ImGladUmad

But it doesn't....I changed the setting it makes them visible right away if I put it in meduim/High.....

Anyways I have restarded the game and is the same thing, they are completly invisibile.
  3. Jojotheclown

Are you using Nvidia or AMD graphics card?
  4. ImGladUmad

Nvidia 470 GTX
  5. [62nd] Mara Kaid

sorry we have the cloak for a purpose, it's not useless.
  6. ImGladUmad

Except it is by design to be kind of visible.

Sorry that you are exploiting a bug on Low settings.
  7. TheShotgun

yup confirmed I cant see cloakers on low
  8. HappyZaps

The point was that you can't actually make that determination without restarting, because what's depicted in that video could have been the result of only some of the changes taking effect "hot".

In any case you said you have started the game with those settings, so that is concrete.

I'm curious to see if you've overridden any default settings in your video card's control panel; texture filtering for example. I'm not trying to make this your fault. I'm just wondering if there's a workaround for you.
  9. Jojotheclown

Interersting, since HappyZaps and I are both AMD and the opposite of what you and others are experiencing.

Happy, are they invis at high settings?
  10. RamataKahn

If it hasn't been said already, if a cloaker is not moving then yes he is completely invisible on any settings which is by design. Now if he moves he can be seen even on low setting which is what I play on and I can see them if they are moving.
  11. ImGladUmad

Uhhh I was standing in those pics, u can clearly see the in meduim/high.

Also they still full invisible when moving.
  12. ImGladUmad

I havn't even touched anything in the control panel.
  13. Grotpar

Apparently games have the ability to act differently on different systems.

Who knew, right?
  14. [62nd] Mara Kaid

lol who knew a cloak is a cloak what is this game comming to
  15. ImGladUmad

Is not designed to be like that......If the Dev team decided to give cloaks 100% invisibility across all Settings then I wouldn't make this thread.....This is only effect low settings people so yes, it is a problem.
  16. Geschroimenstunden

17. Jojotheclown

Not for me, I've missed a headshot on cloakers and while watching them run they cloak and go completely invisible to me while running.
  18. Bill Hicks

oh noes ! cloak actually cloaking someone!
  19. m44v

You can't have that "predator" shimmer without using some extra power from your GPU. Just set the "graphics quality" to medium, is only one setting and maybe isn't so hard in the framerate.
  20. Jojotheclown

You always this stupid?