Cloaks are 100% invisible at low settings, This needs a Fix ASAP...Pictures Inside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MrBloodworth

Lack of shaders is lack of shaders. Upgrade.
  2. rlilewis

Or alternatively just make cloak completely invisible on all graphics settings. I can see cloakers on medium so easily I actually pity them lol...
  3. DaninTexas

I am playing on low settings till my new computer comes in. I have zero issue with seeing and killing leet stealthers.
  4. Aciada

this isnt a constructive post. your bad and should feel bad.

If some people are having issues on the lowest settings seeing stealthed players, but some arent, there is clearly an underlying problem causing this, and is a serious issue for those who it effects. They have the right as well as the expectation (assuming a significant enough proportion of low setting players are effected) that at some point the bug be tracked down and fixed. Using such untasteful and borderline offensive sarcasm does nothing but create feelings of ill will and adds nothing to the discussion, and can be considered a form of trolling.
  5. ImGladUmad

Huh I got GTX 470.
  6. MrBloodworth

Not all shaders are done by the video card. If you are reducing settings to account for something on your machine, shaders may also be being turned off with it.
    • Up x 1
  7. ImGladUmad

I got a q6600 Quad core 3.0 ghz....

My computer can run crysis 2 at the highest settings.....is not my system dude lol.
  8. Meurtos

Stealthers are EASY to see on all settings. Low they turn grey in the 2nd person. Medium and High they bend light and still easy to see.
  9. MatthiasK

That's strange. I can see infiltrators as slight shadows in the landscape, no shimmers. Most of the time it's even pretty easy to set the infiltrator apart from the scenery, especially in Esamir. Serves 'em right for trying to snipe a light assault sniper :D.
  10. Stigma

I noticed this myself... I don't think it used to be this way because ive been playing on graphics quality = 1 for a long time and could still spot infoltrators, but at some point it must have changed because I noticed the last few days that cloakers whom I had in my sights just became completely invisible (even while running). I changed my graphics quality setting up to 2 (its ok now that the bloom got toned down severely so I don't mind) and then the problem was resolved. cloakers now do show up while moving fast in a "predator" type of way that is possible to see if you are close but still makes them pretty hard to notice at long range.

I agree that it would be a good thing if cloak was made to be more consistent over the different shader-quality settings, because it seems that the different levels give quite widely varying levels of visibility to the cloak (especially when moving).

-Stigma
  11. Frigidus

Yeah...cloakers will disappear ten feet away from me and they're gone. I just spray around and hope I finish them off. There really isn't a solution, as some computers can't handle it. Maybe they should just add a "Cloak Detail" slider in the graphics setting. I'm capable of running the game on medium, I just don't like dropping to 20 FPS.
  12. RetroRayner

So Infiltrators suffer, because, you can't afford a decent PC?

It's not fair some people can only play 2 hours a day while others get to play 9 hours a day, it's not fair lets add a 2 hour time limit for everyone.

It's not fair, someone may have a 30meg connection and have better latency which is an advantage over some guy who can only get 6meg in his area, I know let's put a net limiter in plave to even it out.
  13. Meurtos

Welcome to the new America. (or the old-current Europe)
  14. Frigidus

Fighting...urge...to go on rant...about libertarian nonsense...
  15. Ixal

• Up x 2
  16. Believer

as stated a few times now, the only way stealth can work is if it makes the user completely invisible on any graphic settings, and done correctly, it should break wallhacking against them
  17. ImGladUmad

Repressed Political Views Im sensing from this post.

1st of all how do infiltrator suffer?...By design they arn't suppose to be 100% invisible lol....I guess they suffer because a bug is being fixed? lol

2nd of all I have 470 GTX,q6600 3.0ghz.....yeah bro my PC sucks so much that it runs Crysis 2 at highest settings lol.

:rolleyes:
  18. ImGladUmad

Repressed political views.....

I guess that whole propaganda machine about entitlement and fairness really does work that asking to Fix a bug now is viewed as asking for a rich guy to give all his money to the poor huh.

Is a sad day in the Western Civilized world.
  19. AzK

It's true, they can hardly be seen on low settings, even while they're moving.
  20. Nasher

This has been a problem since beta.

Infiltrators are never supposed to be completely invisible. They considered allowing a cloak upgrade that does make you invisible early on, but it meant loosing the sniper rifle and only having a pistol. They will never allow you to have both because it would be insanely OP.