[Suggestion] Changes to the CARV +.75 ADS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Xind

Well, I can't say for sure on the Carv/Orion, but the Anchor is ridiculously close to the default Gauss Rifle. Just add mag size and SPA. I think most people just want assault rifles...because overall they're a bit better...even though they don't have a giant magazine.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hatesphere

Wh
    yeah, we should trust balance to people who pay instead of people with play time :eye roll: that's a terrible idea that would cause even more uneeded elitist attitudes and drive people away from the game. I've probably sunk just as much money into this game without a membership then most member player who threaten to drop their sub's every time a hat drops.
    • Up x 1
  3. z1967

In general, the size of someone's wallet does not seem to judge their ability to participate in commentary on the game.
    • Up x 3
  4. Reclaimer77

It's not about the size of someone's wallet and you know it. If you don't support this game, you don't get certain privileges.

The biggest problem with this game is it's entitled community. And F2P players seem to be the worst of the lot.
  5. z1967

Personally I have seen it the other way. F2P seems to complain when they are getting an obvious disadvantage because they aren't paying (pay to win). P2P seems to complain more when the weapon they bought isn't good (AA weapons come to mind...) or is nerfed (AV MANA turrets, HE etc.).

Otherwise you see that the willingness to pay for a free game does not actually affect their arguments and debate points that much. I would not judge someone's argument based on whether or not they have bought stuff for the game. If you judge someone's arguments in this fashion, you should probably just focus more on their post instead of their wallet.
    • Up x 3
  6. Reclaimer77

Did you just say this game had pay to win?

Ok you're ignored. Seriously you have no clue what you're talking about.
  7. Plorf

Eh... I play VS and I would probably swap my Orion for the current CARV. It has literally double the magazine size at the best LMG fire rate. I find that more useful than 0.75ADS personally.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hatesphere

you have bad comprehension, he was implying that F2P players tend to rally against changes that could lead to a P2W scenario. people who pay tend to complain when the toy the spent money on isn't OP anymore or is changed in some minor way. but hey, keep throwing people on that ignore list, I hear echo chambers are all the rage this year.
  9. johnway

I'm currently trying to aurx the carv and i have a love hate relationship with it. The weapon either works wonders and i make a lot of kills and hold my own. Other times the thing is absolute garbage as i can't hit anything, the COF goes all over the place and lose shooting from the hip against someone who's less then 5 metres away or the bullets are too weak.

I rather prefer they improved the accuracy of the damn weapon to be more like the t1 cycler so its some sort of accurate bullet hose to carve the enemies buttocks as described rather then throw lots bullets and do it poorly. Hell, sometimes i think that the chaingun is better at longer ranges... its definitely better to use the chaingun instead of the carv for close quarters.

Failing that give me some decent attachments for the carv like spa or something. The carv at the moment has so few options and whilst its true for the orion, it has a passive 0.75 ads speed. Should carv have it? probably not, i see the carv more as a support weapon to provide suppressing fire to allow other people to charge forward to provide more bullet storms.
  10. Taemien

Make our EM1 a 200dmg @ 536 RPM weapon, maybe even with a nerfed magazine to 75 rnds and we might have a deal.

You're right, we don't ask for .75 ADS. But we DO lack a 1787 DPS LMG. It really sucks that our Heavies have no 1787 DPS options like TR and VS do. We have to switch to Short Range Shotguns and SMGs to get higher than 1667 DPS. And we don't really want 143 damage options. Don't want just another copy of VS/TR weapons.

Just remember, you haven't fought against NC with higher than 1667 dps out to mid range. You might have to adjust tactics. But no different than fighting TR/VS.
  11. z1967

I'm saying that F2Ps will generally complain about P2W, actual or not. I don't know why you jumped to the conclusion I was calling the game P2W.