[Suggestion] Changes to the CARV +.75 ADS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Jan 29, 2015.

1. FnkyTwn

Let's change the CARV's magazine size from 100 to 65, and at the same time give it .75 ADS. It would keep to the faction lore of TR having more bullets, while at the same time, let the strictly TR players feel that they're finally on a level playing field.

It's been 2 long years of constant complaints about how .75 ADS makes the Orion a better starting gun. As primarily a VS player, I'm more than happy for the CARV to finally benefit from this feature. Clearly with the CARV having such similar stats as the Orion, as well as having the exact same Rate of Fire, changes to it's magazine size is going to be the only way to bring it inline with being granted the awesome power of .75 ADS.

I haven't really heard NC players asking for .75 ADS on one of their guns, but maybe one of their LMGs can be neutered down to the 143 damage tier (not the EM1) and then be granted it as well?

If you agree with me, or if you'd just like for these .75 ADS arguments to finally end after 2 years, please click Thumbs Up.

Next Up: Changing Vanu's primary faction color from purple to dayglow Teal.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ballto21

theyll just ***** about the magrider or something more than they already do
  3. WarmasterRaptor

Don't touch Sasha! D:

The CARV is an awesome gun.

Praise Malorn.
    • Up x 6
  4. BobSanders123

I would prefer TR gain access to an 800 RPM or higher tier LMG. The NC have 200 damage tier and the VS have 0.75 ADS FREKIN MACHINE GUNS. What do the TR have that the other factions don't?
  5. Ballto21

Lets see, shall we?
    Twice the clip size!
    Double cannon tanks!
    ******* Vulcans!
    Best secondary in the game! (For FREE!)
    An SMG that STALKER CLOAK INFILTRATORS can use!
    The best A2G ESF rockets!
    Also best A2A ESF rockets!
    The chaingun!
    Quieter cloaking noise!
    Default camo thats basically the same as the VS, just as hard to see especially on esamir/hossin.
    10x the spandex on their infiltrators!
    Smallest hitbox MBTS!
    Fastest MBTs!
    Fastest ROF defaults (in general)!
    TORQ
    Fastest ESF!
    Smallest ESF hitbox!

Also, not seeing you complain about Jackhammer, a OHK at close-medium range, with 0.75 ADS. Not seeing you complain about tank shields, or anything else about the nc (im not trying to make you think they are op, but youre complaining about one thing and ignoring another that does the same thing....but more effectively.)

If the orion was sudden godmode ultra op, like anything else in the vs arsenal. ANY br 1 who JUST downloaded ps2 today with no prior knowledge would be able to grab an orion, scythe, semi auto sniper,magrider, or any no bullet drop weapons and be as good if not better as the best tr and nc characters because they have horrendously overpowered gear, according to you. When was the last time you saw a brand new player with a 5-20 KDR? Never you say? Hm. Maybe were not as ******* op as you think and maybe, crazy thought, we just learn how to use our gear to its best over time. Msybe its also because the orion is our best cqc LMG, meaning even BR 100 900 hr players in the vs use it for its intended roll, unlike tr and nc who have other cqc LMGs also.

6. Xind

Would the CARVs monolithic reload speed decrease to reflect the smaller magazine size? If so, hell yes.
    • Up x 1
  7. BobSanders123

I was talking about LMGs. VS have 0.75 ADS on a few of theirs. NC have 200 damage tier. TR have ? 100 magazine size? Not unique to empire. NC has SAW and VS have Polaris.

Twice the clip size! - No. It's 30 vs 40 for most weapons.
    Double cannon tanks! Maybe if it was one tank cannon that fired twice as fast you wouldn't be so angry.
    ******* Vulcans! Yay vulcans! They don't suck now!
    Best secondary in the game! (For FREE!)

If the repeater was sudden godmode ultra op, like anything else in the tr arsenal. ANY br 1 who JUST downloaded ps2 today with no prior knowledge would be able to grab a repeater, mosquito, vulcans, prowler, or any high rof weapons and be as good if not better as the best vs and nc characters because they have horrendously overpowered gear, according to you. When was the last time you saw a brand new player with a 5-20 KDR? Never you say? Hm. Maybe were not as ******* op as you think and maybe, crazy thought, we just learn how to use our gear to its best over time. Msybe its also because the repeater is our best cqc sidearm, meaning even BR 100 900 hr players in the tr use it for its intended roll, unlike vs and nc who have other cqc (SHOTHUN, SPIKER) sidearms also.

An SMG that STALKER CLOAK INFILTRATORS can use! Sucks.

The best A2G ESF rockets! Ok sure.
    Also best A2A ESF rockets! What?
    The chaingun! Only works well with BRRT and pre-firing.
    Quieter cloaking noise! Lol.
    Default camo thats basically the same as the VS, just as hard to see especially on esamir/hossin. Lol.
    10x the spandex on their infiltrators! OP nerf now.
    Smallest hitbox MBTS! It's a giant square box. Granted the turret piece is smaller than the vanguard, but that makes it more effective for hull down sniping attacks.
    Fastest MBTs! Yup. Faction trait.
    Fastest ROF defaults (in general)! Yes defaults. Sadly we still have a carbine gap between 750 and 909 while the NC and VS get a 845 RPM carbine.
    TORQ What?
    Fastest ESF! Yup, faction trait.
    Smallest ESF hitbox! Yup, mosquito. The small annoying thing that is very fast and hard to hit.
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

CARV is fine as is. .75 ADS on LMGs in general is a bad thing (this extends to SMGs and Shotguns). Remove it on the NS-15M, SVA-88, and Orion. Buff aforementioned weapons in other categories that they suffered in because of the .75 ADS stat (accuracy, reload speed, ROF etc.)

Would be better for overall balance imo. Those who don't ADAD would actually be receiving a buff. Overall it would be better for the affected weapons under normal conditions.
    • Up x 3
  9. Reclaimer77

No. They think .75 ADS is such a big deal, they should also be willing to give up the Carv's accuracy buff and revert it to it's former state.

It's a 100 round monster with less recoil than the Orion. If anyone should be complaining, it should be the VS!
  10. Ballto21

The AMP doesnt suck, its situational.
    The repeater isnt godmode, but its better than any ES secondary in the game in both damage output and fire rate.
    Im not angry about your prowlers, but you do have twice the DPS of all other MBTs. Halving the reload speed wouldnt really change that by much.
    Vulcans on the prowler can preform on par with the other ES AV gunner seats, maybe a bit better but eh, whatever. The vulcans on the harasser however are terribly broken and if im right in line for a nerf.
    You A2G rockets are better than the other two factions because you have a higher rate of fire on them, in the time it takes you to dump all 16 of your rockets on an uncerted hellfire i could dump maybe half of my photon pods
    I dont A2A much but the tomcat A2A missile pods for the TR have more average kills than the other two factions, that may be playstyle.
    The chaingun works very well, (yes i have played all factions, feel i should clarify that) even without prefireing and with all the attachments, depending on how you use them. Also its the most effective ES HA unique at mid-long ranges because of its ROF and fairly decent CoF after it was buffed.
    Yes its a giant square box, [IMG]

But as you can see here it is a smaller top down and front on hitbox than the other two MBTs, the lightning being similar in top down size and much thinner.
    Lets face it, your default camo is pretty dark. It works almost as well as VS camo at night, and is pretty good default on esamir and hossin because beige. Your infiltrator camo is slightly brighter than the VS, and a lot darker than the NC.
    Spandex OP higby pls nerf
    You have twice the ammo on your default LMG, and between 10 and 20 rounds on most other weapons default.
    the TORQ is a very effective bullethose and more effective over distance than the VS Terminus, and better in DPM than the NC high tier assault rifle
    The fastest faction traits are not something to complain about.
    The high pitched whine is harder to hear, especially in combat than the deeper sounding cloaks. Its easier for human ears to discern cracks, bangs, deep sounds, and other things like that than low volume high pitched noises, compared to same volume low pitch noises.

The way i saw your message was the TR had nothing good or unique. And all i hear is complaining about the VS over stupid issues, almost never over important ones. And usually when people complain, im not saying all the VS are saints, we have just as many ***** as you and the NC, they only *****and whine and mope and call for nerfs. Times when yeah weapons need rebalancing are things like the ground PPA (overnerfed) and to an extent the A2G PPA. But on the VS/NC front, our issue that is an actual issue is the over preforming harasser vulcan, which as i said i think has an impending nerf.

I wasnt trying to complain or call anything you have over powered, and when i say best in something i mean best currently preforming. I was just saying you have your share of unique, or unbalanced on the small miniscule amounts that arent really gamebreaking but an advantage, and that which is kind of gamebreaking and should be looked at by the dev team. And the spiker isnt as good as the repeater because its only a x2 burst with, granted not much of one, but a lower damage than the repeater and its not default. Its also not as high a ROF as the desperado (i think, i might need to check my numbers again) but granted has 2 more bullets, meaning an extra burst shot. It also doesnt do as much damage over distance. Dont get me wrong its a great pistol (for vs at least).

Addendum: You have a better TTK than the nc9 tross because ROF. not more damage per mag
    • Up x 1
  11. Robertooooo

If the devs are gonna give a TR lmg 0.75 ads movement it should be the MSW-R. Make it less accurate (like all 0.75 ads weapons) and remove ALS and soft point ammo from it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ballto21

http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/
    As you an see here, the NC mag shot (default nc sidearm) is leading the killboard per month with an average 1197 more kills than the repeater, however lets look at the two weapons
    Fire Rate:
    845 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity:
    375m/s
    Effective Range:
    Short
    Fire Modes:
    3x Burst,
    Semi-Automatic
    Headshot Multiplier:
    2x
    ADS Move Speed Multiplier:
    0.75x
    Damage
    Max Damage:
    112 before 8m
    Min Damage:
    77 after 50m
    Reload Speed
    Short Reload:
    1.7s
    Long Reload:
    2s
    Ammunition
    Magazine Size:
    Ammunition Pool:
    Accuracy

Hip
    Aim
    Crouch
    Still:
    Move:
    Stand
    Still:
    Move:
    Bloom per Shot:
    Recoil
    Vertical:
    Horizontal, Min/Max:
    0.175/0.175
    Angle Min/Max:
    0°/0°
    Bias:
    ← = →
    Recoil Decrease:
    First Shot Recoil Multiplier:
    1.5x
    Repeater
    Fire Rate:
    351 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity:
    375m/s
    Effective Range:
    Short
    Fire Modes:
    Semi-Automatic
    Headshot Multiplier:
    2x
    ADS Move Speed Multiplier:
    0.75x
    Damage
    Max Damage:
    200 before 10m
    Min Damage:
    112 after 60m
    Reload Speed
    Short Reload:
    1.6s
    Long Reload:
    1.9s
    Ammunition
    Magazine Size:
    Ammunition Pool:
    Accuracy

Hip
    Aim
    Crouch
    Still:
    Move:
    Stand
    Still:
    Move:
    Bloom per Shot:
    Recoil
    Vertical:
    Horizontal, Min/Max:
    0.1/0.1
    Angle Min/Max:
    0°/0°
    Bias:
    ← = →
    Recoil Decrease:
    First Shot Recoil Multiplier:
    1x
    As we can see, the Repeater has a higher damage output on burst mode (112*3=336) within 10m.
    It also has a 494 higher ROF than the mag shot.
    Same muzzle velocity
    Same headshot multiplier
    0.1 second longer short and long reloads.
    6 more shots per magazine
    30 more in reserve
    0.5 worse in aim and hip accuracy across all stages except for standing still crouched
    0.15 less vertical recoil
    0.075 worse horizontal recoil
    Same bias
    same recoil decrase
    0.5 higher first shot recoil.

Overall seems a better weapon than the magshot, certainly not game breaking, but also not a detriment.
  13. Ballto21

Or instead of changing any current weapons new empire specific unique LMG maybe?
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

Gauss SAW with 0.75 and 75 mag size :eek::eek::eek:
  15. BlueSkies

To be fair :)

As an NC watching my mercenary buddies run around with giant patches of super bright yellow all over the place, notably all over the FREAKIN HUGE engie back pack... I have wondered at the apparent lack of bright Teal on the VS...
  16. FnkyTwn

Bro, do you even format?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. Xind

I don't know if that would actually help the Gauss Saw...
    • Up x 2
  18. z1967

Kills are a horrible stat. Use KPH and KPU. Note that KPH on sidearms is sketchy, but could be useful for side arm comparisons.

Also keep in mind usage of the weapon when thinking about stats. See how the Magshot is used more often, and the Beamer is used the least. This also should give you an idea of why raw kills is not a good stat. Although not super important for stock weapons, AvgBR should keep the presumed skill level of the users in context. Seeing as the Magshot is outshined by the Rebel and Desperado, it is no surprise people ditch it early on for those two weapons. Meanwhile many TR stick with the Repeater their whole career (its a pretty nice pistol) and most VS only use the Beamer for sneaky beaky stuff while they use the revolvers as their official ES pistols :p.

If we eliminate the potential skill differences using the Q4KPU stat (BR75-100), we see that the Repeater and friends are actually pretty balance at the upper levels of play. Using Q1KPU, we can see that the magshot (of all guns...) is pulling ahead in being more user friendly than the Repeater (a surprise for me) or Beamer (not a surprise for me).

Fun fact, there are no Q1KPU or Q2KPU stats for the directive pistols. Partially because it is impossible to actually auraxium 5 pistols before BR25. However you could do it before reaching BR50, assuming you never try for any other type of xp except pistol kills. Which may be spoiled by the 580 ribbons you unlock just by auraxiuming the guns. The more you know.
    • Up x 1
  19. Hatesphere

I would rather they just remove the .75 ads from lmgs all together and give the vs .75 on something else.
    • Up x 3
  20. MikeyGeeMan

For the love of all that is decent.

How about you just unlock all weapons and vehicles across factions so its just color differences.

If I'm tr i can fly a scythe ir drive a vanguard.

Be done with these faction differences.

No one in ps2 is mature enough to deal with differences...we must all be the same.

Does anyone want some cheese with your whine?
    • Up x 1