Can we PLEASE do something about camos?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hashi, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Hashi

Look, this may sound like another NC whine thread but I speak for most cross factions when I say that it's annoying that the other two factions get access to yellow camos (especially the giraffe on a VS). It's hard to tell the difference between a friendly and enemy in large fire fights and it's a blatant problem mostly for the NC. (I do agree that the red insignia for the sunderer on a NC/VS tank with camo is also hard to tell the difference) Please SOE do something about this.
    • Up x 6
  2. Skadi

I realy want more faction color'd camos, but i also want them to be on the lines of the founders camo, as in something made up but cool looking not more actual camo's (zebra ect)
  3. insane2170

Q is for spotting.
    • Up x 2
  4. HellasVagabond

So what ? We need to spot everything that passes by infront of us ? Seriously ?

Camo should be regarding the terrain and nothing else. We should clearly have TR RED suits, VS purple suits and NC blue suits. Easy.
    • Up x 1
  5. Saool

I'd like to see camo functioning as camo. Feels kind of pointless running around in snowy while, or sand brown if your also covered in purple and cyan. If you have composite armor it is even worse.
    • Up x 4
  6. Jestunhi

Not if it has a blue dorito above it's head.
    • Up x 2
  7. Hashi

I'm here talking about the problem of factions able to use colours close to anothers. Please stay on topic.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hashi

what are you talking about ? That's just plain stupid, in a heated battle I'm supposed to be adding VS with zebra camo on top of everything else I should watch out for? Then by all means, give the NC black camo and have it so only the blue shows

that'll trump some vanu huh...
  9. serenekaos

I don't have a problem with this but I'm used to this in FPS's.
  10. HellasVagabond

Many times the server doesn't put blue/red doritos ontop of heads.....
    • Up x 2
  11. Bill Hicks

Spotting is for keeping tabs on an enemy or spotting a enemy peeking over cover, not to identify if they are enemy or not. WTF am i supposed to press q all day just in case some idiot who spent some real money runs in front of me ?

Camo in this game is the worst Ive seen in any game.
  12. Tuco

Why would this be an only NC problem?
  13. Jestunhi

Yes, you should watch out in all directions.

If you glance at people and just assume they are allies then the problem is with you, not the game.

Which certainly needs to be fixed, but I find it only happens to me at long long range or when there are many, many people in the local area.
  14. HellasVagabond

If we also start shooting everything that's blue and yellow then we will TK a lot....And some TR/VS know this Camo issue and they are simply using it.....So a solution must come out from the devs.
  15. {joer

I play tr 90% of the time and I still think its unfair to NC. /signed
    • Up x 1
  16. Phrygen

Funny, i would like my NC to be able to be purple.

Considering all the VS run around in giraffe camo to confuse NC.

because NC are default beige with some blue. Many of the camos are also beige in color. There really are no purple or red camo schemes.

Thus its yet another thing NC have going against them. Is it a HUGE deal? No. Is it just another of MANY reasons not to play NC? You're damn right it is.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jestunhi

Then don't just look at the camo when deciding whether to fire.

Q is right there next to W, it's not some huge hardship to press it.

If there's no blue dorito then spot it.
  18. HellasVagabond

So whenever someone jumps infront of me i need to press Q ? What are you smoking friend ?
  19. Jestunhi

No, only if you are unable to identify them visually.

How hard is this to understand?

If you do not know if it is an ally, press Q.

:edit:

Or continue thinking "only TR use that camo!!!!" and TKing.

Either way is the same to me, it's you and your faction which suffers.
  20. HellasVagabond

Identify what visually ? When you are inside a tower and someone jumps 2m away from you and he is wearing a yellow camo how can i identify him without the red/blue "dorito" ? If we did what you say we would have 1 finger on Q at all times.