Can anyone convince me that the EM1 is not useless?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BeyondNInja, Feb 15, 2014.

1. FishMcCool

Same here, since i'd be reluctant to buy it with certs, i picked it up for free. Fitted it with x1/NV and darklight at the moment, for generic base defense and stalker mopup.
  2. Jogido

I'd drop the suppressor unless you really want that little bit of stealth. The EM1 can actually do alright with ADS at medium (50ish) meters but I don't like using the suppressor since it's lowers it's effectiveness at that range.
  3. KnightCole

Yeah, idk. Gun seems to be very EM1....still not a huge fan. Killed a few guys....but meh.

Maybe its the questionable cheaty BS going on making this gun seeming crap.
  4. Kimgibbler

EM1 projectiles feel as though they're magnetically attracted to the heads of enemies.
  5. Epic High Five

Don't use the advanced laser, it's a trap. The hipfire is so bad on the EM1 that the advanced laser is like lipstick on a pig. The recoil is so nice that a grip will make it laser accurate though, and the velocity is good enough to not feel the effects of SPA while still reaping the advantages.

Drop the suppressor unless it's a tower fight or something, as it cancels out the benefit you get from the SPA and thus noticably hurts your lethality in the 10-30m zone where a lot of fighting takes place.
  6. KnightCole

Yeah, this gun defs needs to never have a suppressor on it.

Its a good ambush gun, but 1v1, it loses to most anything that deals more damage or fires faster....

I ran it tonight and did ok, but idk. Its aight I guess.
  7. MykeMichail

I guess you could call it a versatile weapon?

There's a weapon which performs better than it in every situation, but you're going to sacrifice less performance in other situations for carrying it.

Its a jack of all trades. It doesn't do horribly in any situation, but it doesn't do good in any either, unless other weapons which tend to excel in one situation and are horrendous in another.

Against a NS-15M user you're at no disadvantage in terms of DPS, and you get worse ADS movement and 50 extra rounds.

Against a T9 Carv user, you get better hipfire and faster reload but lower DPS.

Against an Orion user, you get superior long range stability but worse DPS and ADS movement.

I'm really having a hard time trying to defend this weapon. Its a worse version of the T16 Rhino, a weapon which at least in my experience is widely regarded as terrible and not worth using by most TR players.
  8. KnightCole

Yeah, me to. It does handle remarkably well, recoil is low, kick is minimal, spread is decent, though its not amazing.

The velocity, idk if thats such a huge advantage on a gun that is largely CQC-short range based.

If your using the thing at a range where the velocity comes into play your going to use every round in your mag before you kill anything.
  9. MykeMichail

I really wouldn't classify it as a CQC weapon any more.

I used to classify it as a CQC weapon because with the starting cone of fire with ALS allowed you to hip-fire to the head and mow down 3-4 guys without even lifting your finger off LMB.

Now its starting hipfire cone of fire is simply horrible and you're lucky if you can kill even 2 guys before your cone of fire is insanely large, or you're dead.

652 simply isn't in the CQC weapon territory for a 143 damage weapon. That small cone of fire allowed you to make up for RoF by aiming for the head whilst hipfiring and landing plenty of hits. I THOUGHT this was the developers intention - a weapon designed to reward accuracy at the cost of DPS, but clearly that wasn't the case as their CoF nerfs applied equally to the EM1.

Its pretty much 750+ rpm minimum if you're going into CQC or its a guaranteed death against all by the most inaccurate or equally badly equipped opponents.

It needs something extra to be a decent weapon.
  10. KnightCole

EM1 right now is simply an ambush weapon. Its good for getting the drop on one guy then running away like a scared chicken to do it all over again. its not for holding a spot, its not for 1v1, its not for range or CQC. its a mid range, shoot the guy before he fires back ambush weapon.

I wish it would be made to be an LMG AF4 Cyclone. Then I think it would actually be decent, and more NC.

630Rpm
    167@8m-124@65m
    Keep its soft stats largely the same, but have it lose Exmag in trade for the better damage. Then at 630RpM it would have more CQC ability then an EM6 or Anchor but less range damage then either of them. Also, its ability to use the ALS would further improve it's CQC ability while retaining a hint of NCness with higher damage but not overly improved RoF compared to NC and TR weapons. The high damage drop off would further reduce it's ability to fight at range, and put it at aslight disadvantage vs TR and VS mid range weapons, considering alot of thier guns are 652-750RpM.

Also, if further balance changes were needed, drop it's mag cap to like 75/225 and increase it's reload speed a bit.

It would have more punch then the AF4.
  11. Reis

Not much jump on the gun I assume. I also have a higher ratio of headshots with the EM1 than any other NC LMG, but it's not very good as a whole. Except unlike with the EM6 or something, I don't need to pull down to hit the head, I can just burst at face level and expect a kill.
  12. anchorman

I think the em1 is a great weapon for close to med range . If you throw on a forward grip and a nv scope it is a ns-15 with a 100 round clip. It all boils down to how good can you control you fire if you can handle burst fire get the Saw or em6 but if you won't to put bullets down wind fast and still hit something get the em1.
  13. Vikingo

Couldnt agree more :)

I bought it a long time ago hated it and out it away in disgust. After Auraxiuming the Anchor I picked up the EM1 again and it is so easy to put a lot of accurate fire down range.
    Still though it is not a weapon to run around indoors with.
  14. TheKhopesh

I find it very useful.

One look at it and I bust out laughing.

Wonderful joke SOE, 11/10.

Come to think of it, SOE must think the NC are clowns.
    Because for the most part, the only thing they've armed us with are jokes...
    :(

(Heck, they even arm our infil's with pies -bouncing betties- ;) )
  15. Elkybam

-Better velocity
    -Extended Mags
    -Faster RPM than other NC LMGs
    -Pretty fast reload for a machine gun
    -Different than sticking with high damage all the time
    -Possibly better recoil

The first LMG I bought was the EM1 for the cheap price and dependability. I do not understand the complaining for the weapon.