Can anyone convince me that the EM1 is not useless?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BeyondNInja, Feb 15, 2014.

1. BeyondNInja

I honestly can't find a use for this weapon since they gave it the worst starting hip cone of fire of any automatic weapon in the game.

Imo the SAW S with extended mags does a better job of suppressive fire because it still has a good reload speed without sacrificing as much DPS or having to deal with so much random horizontal recoil. Also still has SP ammo.

And if you put a grip on the EM1 you might as well be using the EM6 or SAW for their better accuracy DPS and long-range performance.
  2. cruczi

Why do you want to be convinced that it is not useless? Are you emotionally attached to the weapon? You know that's against NC corporate regulations.
    • Up x 2
  3. BeyondNInja

No I thought it was terrible even before they removed the one thing it had going for it - hip fire bullet hose.
    Now I just want to see if anyone can find any use for it. Think of it as a challenge.
  4. cruczi

I bet a good player could make a pretty convincing video to demonstrate exactly how damn good of a weapon it is. Because weapons in this game are all good enough to be extremely effective when used by above average skill players.
  5. thePankakeManne

EM1 + Adv. Laser Sight says:

[IMG]
  6. BeyondNInja

Just checked in VR - the Saw S with normal laser has same starting hipfire as the EM1 with Adv Laser
    Except the Em1 has more bloom over time and less DPS.
    Both have similar damage per mag.

After the lmg hip fire change the EM1's hipfire just doesn't cut it anymore
  7. Moisture

We NC are so spoiled with our LMGs. These first world problems are terrible!
  8. Sock

3.4x and foregrip, it's a headshot machine.
    The EM1 clips are at 1:00, 2:33, 4:11, and 5:49. The EM1 is definitely an acquired taste, but don't write it off.
    • Up x 1
  9. HerpTheDerp

Just double-checked it in the datasheets, BeyondNinja wins, flawless victory.

Cue the usual parade of apologists with meaningless "But I once had a really good kill streak with it" arguments.
    • Up x 1
  10. R4GING

EM1 has 652 rof and 0.1 hip and 0.05 aim accuracy loss per shot.
    Saw S has 577 rof and 0.12 hip and 0.06 aim accuracy loss per shot
    meaning EM1 has less bloom over time (EM1 has worse starting stationary accuracy, but you should be moving most of the time during engagements anyway).

143*100=14300
    167*75=12525
    14300 - 12525=1775
    meaning EM1 can kill nearly 2 more enemy infantry before having to reload, and it has 0.6sec faster reload.

EM1's higher RoF means you can spray more bullets and thus rely less on luck (don't know how many times I lost a 1v1 with the Gauss Saw's 200dmg due to RNG causing me to miss besides having aimed properly) and cause your opponents aim to get more messed up.

EM1 is not useless especially when it can compete with the likes of Saw S, none of the two is "better" (I picked EM1 over Saw S), just pick what you prefer - it always boils down to what the player prefers after all.
  11. BeyondNInja

Fair enough, it just feels like a poor man's Carv when you use it like that.
    Although if you're ADSing you might as well just use the EM6 with higher DPM, DPS, accuracy etc compared to the EM1.
  12. Epic High Five

The accuracy was improved in PU02, which isn't going to be reflected on the spreadsheet everybody uses.

The EM1's schtick that it's good at is endless, low dps, accurate fire. It's an NS-15M with huge mags and a higher ROF but no 0.75x ADS movespeed multiplier.

With SPA, you have a gun with as good a damage profile as a 143dmg tier gun is going to get, and it has by far the most efficient rounds:time reload speed in the game even without factoring exmags in.

It gets an adv laser and SPA to turn it into a good close range option, and has the accuracy with a grip to do well at longer ranges.

It's a good little gun, and fill a nice niche in the NC LMG lineup. SAW S is probably a better choice overall but the EM1 is certainly not a BAD gun, it's just a bit questionable because the NC have so many GREAT guns.
  13. Psykmoe

It's probably the least good NC LMG but it's still pretty decent with recent buffs to its recoil patterns. Shouldn't score high on anyone's shopping list but doesn't hurt to play either.

Adv. Laser feels like a trap option though, since its base hipfire is the worst of any gun that can use the Adv. Laser, even worse than other LMGs with that attachment.
  14. R4GING

well, if you have Adrenaline shield, the EM1's very efficient reload:time ratio (very low downtime, can be lowered further with ext. mags) will let you kill more.
  15. KnightCole

EM1 is a sit in the corner, ninja kill and hope to god noone ever turns thier guns on you. Should the enemy turn his gun to you, you will surely die.

143@652 LMGs should have the best Horiz recoil. They should have the best CoF bloom and all in all be the most accurate LMGs. If they are to be mid range support, make em as such..cuz lord knows thier dmg and RoF arent worth a pinch of piss.
  16. Nakar

I don't know if it's good but it has one of the best uptimes of any LMG due to a super fast reload and Extended Magazines. 200 rounds reload in the blink of an eye by LMG standards, so you should never be caught out without something to shoot.
  17. KnightCole

Up time on it sucks, cuz the user is always down...
  18. HerpTheDerp

NS-15M has accuracy in both ADS and hipfire to make up for its below average damage. EM1 doesn't. It's a bullet hose that doesn't actually shoot bullets, but rubber balls.
  19. Epic High Five

Pretty much this, except the individual rounds the EM1 fires aren't TERRIBLE, just not ideal.

It's not a terrible gun like the C85. You can still go on killstreaks with it and best people in a 1v1. It's just that I can't think of anything it can do that the EM6 can't do better.
  20. Quigby

Its my favorite NC lmg. I use: extended mag and red dot only. (EDIT :sometimes hollow point)

I used to only use it when heavily out numbered, but now I use it more than the SAW.The gun has a short reload and 200 round mag (extended). That's 28600 dmg per mag! If you shoot from cover or camp hallways, you have twice the up time of most others.

Its actually really fun to use. I think the reason everyone doesn't like it is because its weak if you run and gun. It's a support/suppression gun to me and it's ******* awesome at it.