C4 nerf....

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by S0LAR15, Jul 16, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

Is a really bad nerf, for some really low level tankers.

You're bringing in an exponentially higher level of teamwork to kill one 2/2 MBT which can still easily avoid it's fate, and kill the proposed plan, nevermind the inclusion of equal numbers in a given scenario. MBT radar, and the fact that tanks back up fast enough to escape infantry, will make getting close with other classes to do the necessary damage nigh on impossible. I know it is massively underused, but good players will be able to continue using it in infantry farm fests, even safer in the knowledge that they can't be C4ed.

And before anyone says "resource cost increase"......MBTs got a huge buff to survivability not so long ago. Basically making them all but immortal to rocket launcher fire, which after a few hits they can just back away from, and repair.
    • Up x 12
  2. Eclipson

Well, I hope MBT drivers enjoy shooting at my 10 foot walls surrounding almost every base on Esamir.
    • Up x 2
  3. WookLordz

Oh, do tell? How was it nerfed exactly? Man, you know what? These fricken whiny tankers... they obviously still live at home. No self-respecting adult would go whining to the forums after getting killed. It's like a little kid on the playground going and telling on someone to their teacher because they wouldn't let them ride the see-saw.
    • Up x 2
  4. S0LAR15

2 C4 doesn't kill an MBT or lightning on PTS. In fact it takes and MBT 60 seconds to burn out afterwards, and a lighting something like half that. Whilst both will still be fast enough to outrun infantry.
  5. Shatters

God forbid you should actually use teamwork (2 light assaults) to kill a 2/2 MBT. You told us to get with other people and work togheter the whole time. Now karma has come back. Enjoy.

ps: LA's not rambo suiciding tanks with c4 try after try is a good thing. If they want to accomplish that they should need to work togheter.
    • Up x 5
  6. S0LAR15

God forbid you use radar, or learn to drive. It normally takes several LAs as it is. MBTs require far more to destroy than those who spent 99% of their time in them are aware of.
    • Up x 13
  7. Blarg20011

Wait, even if you put it on the back?
  8. Tekuila

You could run an underbarrel grenade launcher and shoot the tank with it when it's burning? Should test that to see if it works.
  9. Mythicrose12

C-4 isn't directional. Same damage is applied to the front, top, side, and rear of a tank. SOE, time to lower the resource cost of C-4.
    • Up x 3
  10. S0LAR15

It does.
  11. Blarg20011

Oh really? That's dumb, how about they just make it so it instagibs from the back
  12. Terran537

If this nerf goes through then what's the point in playing LA? We'll have no appreciable AV capability and we'll be right there by Infiltrators as the most useless class. Please don't say "Well the LA is meant as an anti-infantry class!" Because we all know that the only reason LAs are used over HAs right now is because they have a chance to kill the tank before it runs away.

If this nerf goes through (which will really only effect the LA, no other class relies so heavily on C4 as its AV ability) then I'll have wasted thousands of certs upgrading my LA because at that point the HA can do everything I can do and more! I can kill a couple guys and hope I don't die while flying away, and maybe a tank if he's not looking around. They can turn on their shield and liberally spray down an entire corridor with their LMG and slaughter everyone there, then turn around and deal with a tank with their rocket launcher.
    • Up x 5
  13. Mythicrose12

It wouldn't solve anything. Tanks would still ***** about C-4 being OP.
    • Up x 1
  14. Lorginir

Highly mobile harasser with unrivaled capabilities of attacking from unexpected direction.
    Combat medics do.
    omg, have you ever played HA, lol.

To summarize - just LA whine thread about them forced to use their brains and learn about teamwork.
    • Up x 3
  15. Messaiga

This is not right. If the tank sits still long enough near a easily accessible place for an LA to drop 2 C4, then they should die. I propose we lower the cost of C4 to 75 per brick, allow the first rank to carry 2 C4 and the second rank to carry 3 C4, and reduce the time between dropping C4 a bit. It will cost 25 more resources to kill a tank (in fact, it will be exactly half of the cost of an MBT), take a little longer or equal amount of time to drop all C4 and detonate, and solve the problem of the time between doing that stuff taking too long. SOE, stop nerfing stuff that doesn't need to be nerfed, the whiny people can whine all they want but you shouldn't give in all of the time. C4 = Counter to stupid people inside of tanks. Only the smartest will survive.
    • Up x 4
  16. Roarboar

And sacrifice the other much needed utility that I need to pass up on because 1 skill less lone infantry man can annihilate an MBT as if he just planted a nuclear warhead on it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Eclipson

If I get two C4 on a lightning it deserves to die. I can understand an MBT, which is much slower and bulkier, and cost 450 resources, but a lightning?
    • Up x 2
  18. Eclipson

If you care that much about C4, then you would use radar over your ability. The fact that you don't means you obviously don't care that much. Its like people who don't use mineguard, but complain about dying to mines. SOE gave you a counter, you refuse to use it, its your fault.
    • Up x 4
  19. Mythicrose12

Speaks volume of your ineptitude if "1 skill less lone infantry" can annihilate your MBT.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alarox

If you die from C4 enough in your tank that you have to call it OP and ask for a nerf.

YOU ARE BAD AT THIS GAME.

I'm tired of saying it in every thread nicely, so I'm progressively ramping up the ferocity.

"Oh no, I'm where I can be hit with C4 by infantry? Hmmm... maybe I should be aware of my surroundings and position myself so that I can react? NAH! I'll just sit here tunnel vision spamming, and if I die I can just complain about it on the forums and get it nerfed".

Anyone with half a brain can figure out how to avoid C4 99% of the time.

Don't put yourself where you can be hit with C4 unless you KNOW you're not terrible at this game. If you are in a situation where you can be hit with C4, do you know how to aim? Do you know how to use your eyes and ears to understand your surroundings? If you don't, you're terrible at this game and shouldn't even be near infantry. Problem solved, now you won't die from C4!

Source: My vast experience not dying from C4 in a tank, and my experience killing tanks with C4 on my HA and Engineer thinking to myself "you deserve this for letting me get this close".
    • Up x 10