C4 is broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spectre9000, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

C4 is broken, like the first morning.

Hymns lol.
  2. Evilmonky

These are also the same societies (one of which uses plasma weapons) who still use Flak (an out dated form of AA since WWII) as the main form of air defense.

Also, if you use the UBGL+2 sticks of C4 a single LA can kill a full health sundy as long as it does not have any form of armor or anyone repping it.
  3. Tasogie

wish you guys wouldn't keep telling people things that are wrong. ALL IT TAKES, is 2 C4, period.. no grenades, no bad language, no act of god... 2 C4 only... lol
    I do it every single day without restriction, day in day out.
  4. YoXn

What?
  5. Veri

I have only recently started using C4 and I have found it very affective despite whatever bug is going on.
  6. centurionvi

C4 only seems terrible in comparison to AT mines, which can be spewed out as fast as you can click the button, don't need to be detonated and have a much larger blast radius. AT mines are everything I wish C4 was.
  7. Grotpar

8. JokeForgrim

I played bf3 the other day.

Busted out the C4 on op metro conq 500% tickets. I ended up playing pistols and C4 only (yes i was the only one, not server rules or anything)

I actually got a really decent KDR (about 70-20 when i left) due to the ability to run into an enemy throw a C4 and detonate while running away... and the medics in my squad ;) I was really Lulzy.

I tried playing PS2 the other day, I was like wow. 2.5 seconds to delpoy a single C4... then another second to press the button, then another second for the C4 to actually detonate. And for some weird reason their is a small lag between pressing the button in the animation and the actual detonation (i dunno maybe .20 of a second, but enough to notice)

Tank mines and proxy mines function way closer to bf3 C4, A second to throw them then another second to turn and run before BOOM... Sad :(

Still camping on rooves and killing maxes is always worth the 5 seconds :D
  9. Tasogie

he probably has armor on the sunderer, you wont know unless he tells you.
  10. Grotpar

There is no armor on this sunderer.
  11. Tasogie

then your doing something wrong, as I said, I do this every day, an unless I get real unlucky, its a free kill.
  12. Grotpar

Stop arguing when you are proven wrong.

The reason Sunderers are being destroyed is because they've taken a rocket or some other explosive damage in addition to your C4, not because two bricks of C4 is enough to destroy a Sunderer.
  13. Tasogie

LOl please dont tell me what I know an dont. I have told you exactly what happens, that means it happens.
  14. Evilmonky

More than likely someone isn't repping the damage and the fire is killing the sundy. It happens kinda slow but it is possible.

Other than they there is no way for 2 C4 to kill a sundy alone.
  15. Compass

It will take exactly 2 C4 + approximately 10% damage to the vehicle to destroy it.
  16. Dusty Lens

It feels like there is a bug with C4 detonation and damage. I've had a number of misfires recently, where it seems like the damage either doesn't apply or I cannot even confirm that the explosion took place. C4 placed onto a burning lightning and the like, or a Sunderer that experiences no damage on detonation.

But I have also been suffering from some ISP issues which has been inducing a great deal of lag. There could be a relationship there.

C4 placement can, at times, feel like a small eternity. Especially if one is trying to ninja a Max. When you know you have but a moment to deal with the situation before said situation deals with you there's a sense of raging frustration surrounding the laxidasical attitude your toon seems to communicate when he summons the brick from wherever you're storing the thing.

But if I pull it off I blow up a tank. Or a MAX. Sure I'm down 1-200 resources. But the other guy is down a MAX suit (barring resurrection) or a tank, that's a pretty heavy blow to that guy. So I can understand the need to prevent my medic from simply running into a room and AYLALALALALALALA detonating on the first expensive thing I see.

If there is a bug, perhaps linked to the recent resurrection immortality mechanic, that is preventing my C4 from doing damage to a Sunderer I hope it's resolved soon. But so far as the flow of gameplay goes? C4 is an extremely powerful tool and I'm thankful that my medic has access to it. But the difficulty of use is completely understandable given how swiftly it can bring any number of ambitions to a halt.
  17. PaperPlanes

You know a big reason LAs survive is cause most of them run with flak armor.
  18. Olek

Maybe, but that would do nothing for shields, and in this case, he had lost maybe 20% of his shield, C4 is purely concussion damage with maybe some incidental fragmentation from debis, flak is fragmentation damage.
  19. siiix

i did not use it in bf3 but i did in bf2 , and yes it would be instant too
  20. siiix

in battlefield 2142 they called it C7 for this reason, we could call it C9 :)