C4 and Grenades Are Too Costly

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Cosmir, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sedisp

Sunderers exist. Sorry you have no idea how to play LA.

A LA without C4 completely lacks any sort of a role outside of killing mans. Something which can be achieved by every other class in the game in addition to have one or more additional roles.

See I wasn't comparing their damage, just their roles. Since you know... they're both assault classes?
  2. Wolfwood82

Actually, by every definition, vehicles are tools too. You aren't getting your resources back after spending them on a vehicle. The only real difference is the level of efficiency those tools provide you compared to other tools. In other words how much you can effectively do. ESF let you spam rockets and destroy an indefinite number of tanks, C4 only lets you damage one unless you spend your resources for 2 charges. I can't really understand why you would consider the two to be any different whats-so-ever except maybe you have a giant ego and could use a witch doctor to shrink that enormous head of yours.
    Probably because we don't HAVE any other abilities at the moment
    Actually no, it basically just gives us something fun to do when we're board. At the moment even 1 block of C4 is at the bottom of my to-get list and I focus almost 100% on obtaining LA certs.
    We don't have gear. Engineers have gear, HA has gear, Infiltrators have gear, Medics have gear, we have a gun and a jet pack. In other words we have as much gear as your average red neck who hit the lottery.
    Translation, one trick pony with 2 weapons.
    You gotta think about it from our perspective. Is it worth it to MAYBE kill that MAX suit or turret? That's a big maybe, particularly when it comes to taking out tanks or turrets because your gambling with 200 resources worth of equipment that you are eventually going to have to replace. The equivalent might be if you had to pay 100 resources per salvo of rockets that you carry around in an ESF. Or per tank round.

Like Cosmir said, the better you are, the more often you are going to have to use that equipment. The more you use it, the more it costs you. Meanwhile for something like a MAX suit, the better you are the longer it lasts and the less you have to spend on it.

I guess the best way to explain this is, when you equip and toss a C4, you might as well be tossing a big bundle of money on the ground in the hopes that it will get you what you want. Wouldn't mind this so much if the blocks cost somewhere around 60 resources instead of 100. I should not have to be tossing MAX suits right and left in order to take out a single target at a time.

Right now the only advantage C4 gives me is that everyone expects me to have it because I'm LA. I've taken out more turrets by simply approaching them while they see me, and then blasting the guy with a grenade when he jumps out to try and kill me.
  3. VKhaun

The resource system is terrible IMO. It works for big things like sunderers, but when it comes to consumables there are too many variables and too many playstyles. It's not 'balance' to restrict so many things used so differently by the same single resource counter that continues to tic while people are offline, because you run into variables outside the balance of the equipment itself.

Play time for example. One person could spam C4, med kits, and grenades the whole time he plays because he doesn't play the character often and always comes back to 750 on it, while another person could use items conservatively but simply because he plays one character regularly; he is always be on the defensive trying not to run out of things. A third person might just go for ******* the system by globally unlocking his favorite gun and making as many characters as he can on the same server/faction to all spam things that cost resources, then log off when he runs out after having used three times what a normal person would.

IMHO - grenades should not be resource based, but rather be a skill on a timer global timer of some kind. The current gameplay with grenades everywhere is annoying, and no one who unlocks C4 or regularly plays MAX suits with certs invested in their timer is happy with the infantry resource situation, and this would take a bunch of pressure off of it.
  4. Bilco

C4, maybe... Grenades - frack no. PS2's thermo-nuclear Nade spam is bad enough you should feel like you are losing some 'hard earned' resources every time you throw a grenade, infact I would go as far as saying that grenades should be 100+ each.

Problem? Go cap Indar and get your 10% off.
  5. Zeekez

I can see your point, since we are the best anti-vehicle killers with our c4 but once it's expended we basically become just a killer from above who prays no one looks up.

That being said I think the resource cost per c4 is fine, it makes you think before you throw down a brick of c4 for a single kill, but the cert cost is way too high, you are adding +1 to c4, and it costs more than some weapons [or half as much as the high end weapons]

I have no problem being grenade and c4 capped all the time, but then again I only have one brick of c4 because 500 certs is stupid for a 2nd c4. At least until they un**** the blasts and the deployment of it
  6. Boroming

i would rise the cost of common nade, man i'm tired of get killed by a random blind thrown nade (enemy or friendly btw), and lower the cost of c4.
    because nade you can thrown, and they bounce ffs, so they are really easy to use and they OHK with a blast radius BIGGER than c4.
    c4 you have to place at point blank range and have an extreme long animation (really? almost 2 sec to thrown a brick?).

for every class the cost should be something like:
    Nade = 60
    C4 = 70

so you think twice before throwing random nade, and c4 become a little more usable.

as for LA specific change, three come to mind.
    a) add a brick of c4 by default, is essential to LA gameplay. and 700 cert would bring you to 3 brick so it become a class perk.
    or
    b) add a cert that allow LA to thrown C4, so i don't have to pray to gods (the old and the new!) hoping someone notice me on approch to a sundy...
    or
    c) Give us Anti Vehicle Grenade... so if actually achieve to place the 2 c4 on a sundy we can finish it off. (this will add more cost to inf res, but would be really effetive)

ps sry for my english