Burnt out from grind

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Feb 12, 2018.

1. AtckAtck

Wait, you call auraxiuming 5 lmgs "a grind"? LOL! That is hardly true.
    Doing the lmgs is probably the easiest thing to do from all directives.

I really don't know where the problem is: Buy a weapon, use a weapon and wait till the 200 certs from the auraxium medal roll in.
    Then buy the next weapon. You will be done in no time.

Just because of you i had to check my profile: giggeling to myselft about your crying, i am at 48 auraxium medals now on a single character. :rolleyes:
  2. HippoCryties

Alright m8 calm ure ******* **** I wasn’t crying I was just asking to see if there was a way to not get burnt out as fast.
  3. OldMaster80

If you feel burnt out it means you are not having fun. Why do you insist playing like that just to have a gun which is basically an Orion with cooldown mechanism?

What strikearrow said: enjoy the game for what it is, focus on territory and teamplay. And if you want something challenging try to auraxium the Mana AI turret of the Archer.
  4. Ziggurat8

I play every class pretty evenly. Always keeps the gameplay fresh. Work on multiple directives and just use what works for the present situation. Sure you won't get through any single 1 quickly but you'll unlock them all eventually and it'll never feel like "work". At least until you get to less than 100 kills and you just gotta 'git er done'.

I've got something approaching 40 auraxiums across every weapon and vehicle category and the only time I did any grinding was with the Slasher knife to unlock the exceptional black cammo.

One last piece of advice, there arent weapon tiers in PS2. It's not like the BG is God Tier and you can't be the best until you unlock it.

Every weapon has it's place and it's use.

If you want a shiny Orion with infinite ammo and cooldown mechanic the BG is your gun. Competitively the Orion with a laser sight IS a better gun. For longer range the Flare or SVA-88 is better, for the longest range the Ursa (though I hate the Ursa, just stick with the Flare) For farming endlessly, for never having to stop to reload as you mow down endless ****ters, the BG is the better gun.

If you aren't good enough to need a ****ter farming weapon the BG won't help you 8P
  5. Rydenan

I explained why I felt the 100-round option was superior. What you said does not change that.

Spiker has two modes, both AI. AV was added as a 'perk' to the charge-up AI mode. That mode still does just as much AI damage after the addition of AV as it did before.
  6. Prudentia

it does 50 damage.
    after a 2 second chargeup it does 200 damage + 50 splash
    after a 4 second chargeup it does 400 damage + 150 splash
    in standard mode it shoots a 2 round burst with 167 damage
    lying doesn't change the stats of the weapon. the damage isn't even enough to OHK infantry with a headshot. The charge mode is purely AV and entirely pointless, just like the Gauss SAW, except that for the spiker it's also super awkward to use
  7. Rydenan

"Lying?" Are you trolling, or just daft?

The Spiker's charge mode is unchanged from before it did AV damage. Whether or not you think it is "pointless" is 100% irrelevant.
    AV damage was added with a 0% decrease in AI damage. On the GODSAW, AV damage was added with a 50% decrease in AI damage.
  8. Hegeteus

If you believe ends justify means, you can probably expedite the directive by playing with a much faster tempo than usual and disregarding things like KDR. I've sometimes tried my limits and went just full berserk farming, reaching a personal record of 900 kills in a day with mag-scatter. I don't know much about LMGs, but I imagine they could be rushed pretty fast too given the right mindset.
  9. Prudentia

the Spikers chargeup mode has no meaningful AI damage. it can't OHK infantry like the first iteration could. instead of 167 in normal firemode you deal 50, which is a 70% decrease in damage. ontop of that it changes from a Burst pistol into a on release single fire.
    so please tell me how a 50/300 is the same AI mode as a 167/480
  10. frozen north

Personally, I don't really care about grinding out weapons, alerts, or heck, getting medals. All I care about is finding good fights, usually with less then 30 people to a side. If im not able to get fights like that, I just load up a vehicle with anti infantry weaponry, find where the other two factions are zerg fighting, and I just run around there blasting everything in sight. That's what I tend to do to slow myself from burning out (I still tend to take leaves from this game here and there).
  11. TheRainmanGDR

Hey TheRatRule,

it takes time but if you switch the classes from time to time it's fun...

I have a 62 BR char and got the Betelgeuse at BR 59 or 60 don't remember...

So from my point of view the Pulsar LSW is very nice and the Orion as well...

But the Betelgeuse is more then nice if you are able to control it and if you don't overheat it...it's more or less comparable to the Orion

So from my point of view it's worth to get it!

I'm average but my K/D for Betelgeuse was 3,5 (first 300 Kills) and on all other LMG's between 1,8 and 2,2. It's funny but to have these weapon after all this hard work makes you more confident for some reason.. :)

By the way my K/D for Betelgeuse dropped to 2,23 because I'm so average...;)

Greetings
  12. Rydenan

Those changes were made well before AV damage was introduced.

Nobody said "50/300 is the same AI mode as a 167/480". You're reaching.
    The original point was that Spiker got AV damage as a add-on perk, no strings attached. GODSAW did not.

Your opinion on whether or not the charge mode is "meaningful" versus AI is completely irrelevant.
  13. Prudentia

Is the Archer an AI weapon?
  14. Rydenan

No, it's an AV weapon.
  15. Prudentia

Than an identical weapon with a lower RoF can not be an AI weapon.
    also just FYI the GODSAW only drops to 125 damage with AP mode,not 100 and has no damage degradation.
  16. Rydenan

This is the worst logic I have seen in a long time.

Bravo.