Burnt out from grind

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Feb 12, 2018.

1. HippoCryties

I’m grinding out the battlegoose so I need to aurax 5 lmgs
    I’ve done the Orion the lsw and the NS15M.
    I’m burnt out p from it and I need a break.
    Do u guys think that playing another faction will prevent the burnout or i will still feel the same.
    I had a lot of fun on nc last time with Godsaw
    Thank u
  2. strikearrow

Just ignore directives and focus on winning alerts.
  3. HippoCryties

Yeh I will once I have battlegoose
  4. DeadlyOmen

I play each class twice, and rotate. Keeps things fresh.
  5. Rydenan

Play another faction, that way you won't have any directive weapons that are worth grinding for.
    • Up x 3
  6. Eternaloptimist

I was grinding TR LMGs (three of which I didn't like much) then realised I'd end up with the old Butcher. Stopped bothering and was much happier sticking to my favourite weapon.

If OP likes 750 RoF weapon like Orion/Battlegoose then maybe running TR for a spell might reduce the angst (Tip: and get the Striker, huge fun RL). Or the new MAW for VS - a bit like running an NC weapon AFAIK.
  7. CJ2DaRescue2

I've auraxed 5 lmg's plus the betalguese. If you feel you want to get it for the accomplishment good for you. If you are grinding because you think the unlimited bullets would be cool it really isn't imo unless you are awesome at aiming and not dying frequently. I went back to the Orion after for close range until the MAW just came out.

Imo Flare is the best lmg Vanu has. It can mow down people and is very controllable. Ursa is as well, but very slow fire rate.

Good Luck
  8. DarkStarAnubis

"Imo Flare is the best lmg Vanu has. It can mow down people and is very controllable. Ursa is as well, but very slow fire rate. "

Ursa Fire Rate = 550 RPM
    Flare Fire Rate = 577 RPM

The difference is 27 rounds per minute, so less than 0.5 bullets per second. Why do you say the fire rate of the Ursa is "very slow"?
  9. Prudentia

would almost agree, except that i think the Pulsar LSW is superior. very controlable, accurate, good rof, good choice of attachments
  10. Prudentia

The difference between the Orion/CARV and the Promise/Pulsar LSW/SVA88/CARV S is 52rpm yet NC complain that the Promise has a "slow" rof, it's just 12.5 to 11.6 bullets per second. thats less than 1 bullet per second difference.
    Less RoF is less RoF and can be very noticeable, especially as 550rpm is the lowest any 167 damage goes, almost as low as the 200 damage ones
  11. Liewec123

play hardmode for awhile, it will make going back to medium difficulty much more fun! :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Prudentia

Yeah, play the promise :p
  13. CJ2DaRescue2

The only definitive thing I can answer for you is the sound the Ursa has. It sounds very slow and methodical. And like the other guy said even if its just 27 rpm I can still sense and feel it. That's the best I got for you.
  14. CJ2DaRescue2

If you're talking just lmg's then yes. Don't forget about the corvus ar that fires at 526rpm
  15. Prudentia

Corvus is 550
  16. Moz

I try and go for more than one directive at a time.

Currently working on finishing my NC LMGs (just 150 kills for my GODSAW *squirms*), also working on the NSX stuff at the same time. That way when im bored of heavy i can play any other class i like and still be doing a directive.

If you REALLY must have the beetlejuice then just SUCK IT UP SOLIDER! Grind like the grindy mans you are! ;-)
    • Up x 1
  17. Halkesh

Godsaw is a quick reload gauss saw so I think it worth the grind just for that. Against heavy armor, godsaw is like the AP bullet spiker : it can deal damage but the DPS is so low you prefer avoid using it and will never press B.
  18. Rydenan

GODSAW gives you fewer bullets per second of reload than the SAW (65 round magazine with 4.24/5.02s reload time, versus 100 rounds for 6.5/7.5s on the SAW). Even if it didn't, I find the longer magazine and longer reload to be far preferable than the alternative.
    The AP mode is at best useless and at worst suicidal. Unlike the spiker, with which you can just squeeze a few rounds off at armor for giggles, with GODSAW you must switch into "AV" mode, which cuts your infantry damage in half, and basically guarantees you'll lose an engagement if you happen to run into one. If GODSAW simply did AP damage in normal mode, like Spiker, it might be slightly useful. But in its current state, it is never worth the vulnerability to switch to AP mode on the tiny, tiny chance you'll kill a heavily-armored vehicle (it takes nearly the weapon's entire ammo pool to destroy a single tank.)

The first time I got the GODSAW, I aurax'ed it. The second time, I didn't bother and kept on using the SAW. On my current NC, my SAW has something like 5,000 kills, and my GODSAW, which I've had for a majority of that time, is sitting at less than 300.
  19. The Rogue Wolf

"I'm burned out from grinding."
    "Well, stop grinding and do something else."
    "As soon as I'm done grinding."

Gamers. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  20. Prudentia

65 bullets is still 13000 damage. even the Carv only has 14300 damage.
    so you'll have plenty of bullets either way and a 30% faster reload and even the orion only has a 3 second reload, so you are almost there.
    And no, the spiker does not work like that in the least....
    it's a Secondary firemode too, just like with the GODSAW, except that it's singlefire, not full auto. ontop of that it's a chargeup which means it's a fire on release, not a fire on click which makes it even more awkward to use. and even without that it's DPS is less than half that of the GODSAW with 50 damage at 480rpm. or you know, charging it for 4 seconds to deal the same damage an archer does with every shot.