Bullpups

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Heyitsrobbie1984, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Heyitsrobbie1984

this is the 1 single thing thats missing from this game. Bullpups. theres absolutely none in the game :(

every bullpup rifle should be different depending on class. 2 modes. full auto and 3 or 2 round burst depending on faction

i think it'll be perfect for light assault since it is compact it'll be great for CQC areas where the 2-3 round burst is good for distance. with high rate of fire of course :)

Edit: damn it i thought it was in ideas and suggestions. second time ive done it. shame on me. Im still getting the hang of these forums :(
    • Up x 4
  2. ladiesop

What's surprising is that it us a future based game as well. Bullpups would be more prevalent, especially as the traditional layout is basically obsolete.

Doesn't apply for the VS, as they have power packs that could go anywhere, but NC and TR feed into a barrel and both weapon type would benefit from the longer barrel.
    • Up x 3
  3. Heyitsrobbie1984

the VS could move their power cell (magazines) behind the trigger to make the weapon compact and to reduce your silhouette. would be of great help for light assaults and engineers if they want a compact weapon

A weapon like this would be great for the game

http://1.bp.************/_2RrRF_0IYbg/S_GIuiOPdAI/AAAAAAAAAAc/giQ17slbYQM/s1600/famas.jpg
  4. Wolfwood82

Naw bullpups wouldn't help VS at all. Their battery could fit into the handle or just be a small disc on the side the way it is now. Their weapons are of a completely different nature and the bullpup design just wouldn't help at all.

Also you couldn't really balance them very well. Just wouldn't fit, which is sad.
  5. commandoFi

Bullpups feel and look more futuristic, this comes to mind:
    [IMG]

The idea of a bullpup is primarily to shorten the overall length and increase maneuverability. Characteristics could include better damage (more barrel length), fast time to ADS, faster ADS move, better hip-fire, high vertical recoil, and longer reload.

VS could theoretically still benefit, as the origin of the laser would be further back, increasing the useable barrel length.
    • Up x 3
  6. Heyitsrobbie1984

thats basically it.

Of course the bullpup would benefit the vanu as it reduces everyones silhouette.
  7. ladiesop

Actually it's because Bullpups allow for a longer barrel for a shorter length, as the magazine feeds nearer the back. A Carbine is a shortened rifle for increased manoeuvrability. You can combine and make a Bullpup Carbine which is really short for a rifle type weapon. A full length barrel on a bullpup could be almost as short as a traditional carbine, so you have a full power rifle with an almost carbine like length.

Since VS don't have an ammo feed, they don't need the bullpup design, but still their guns would make more sense to be more back heavy like a Bullpup as you can put more stuff behind the pistol grip and in the stock, if they need a longer barrel. The VS weapons still have recoil so a stock is useful for them still.
  8. Imposer

I would love a Battle Rifle.
    • Up x 2
  9. Heyitsrobbie1984

A battle rifle that shoots 3-2 round burst with a tight spread. would kill to have that as a light assault. would be the LAs answer to the combat medics long range assault rifle

and besides i HATE guns with no stock. thats why i use the Piston for the NC. :)
  10. Wolfwood82

Lasers don't use barrels... A laser pointer pen is no more accurate then the 2inch key chain pointer.

I'm not sure what type of energy VS weapons use, plasma maybe? However most forms of energy are produced at the tip of the source. Meaning the end of the gun is where the energy actually comes from. Having a laser travel down a barrel serves no purpose other then to over heat the barrel within a matter of seconds. It's a payload that relies on super heating the target, not direct impact.
    • Up x 1
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

They use Plasma, but mass accelerators still need barrel to accelerate matter, how little it may be.
    Overall, VS weapons could simply be shorter, granting mobility where other factions gain effective range.
    • Up x 2
  12. Imposer

I just hope they give us an NS one when they come out that looks as close to the Halo Battle Rifle as they can make it.
  13. Timantium

VS should be able to just point at people and shoot magical plasma from their fingertips.
  14. asdfPanda

I mentioned this about 4 months ago, and I'm glad someone else has the same idea. An idiosyncrasy of bullpups should be faster strafe/move speed while ads, and better stock hipfire. Obviously this wouldn't apply to VS, because battery packs.
  15. Madone

Existing thread here :
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bullpups.86513/

I agree that bullpups are missing and would add a nice diversity in the game. Though I see some guys talking about barrel size, know that it doesn't change, only the butt gets shorter. It's also much lighter from a conventionnal rifle, and the weight is something you hate on the battlefield. The FAMAS is a good example but I prefer the Thales F90 :p
  16. ladiesop

Barrel length compared to overall length of the weapon, I should have said. The LA85 is shorter than the M4, but has a longer barrel for example, and the latter is a Carbine with a longer overall length than a full Assault Rifle.
  17. Madone

Yes I get your point, I always read to fast.^^
  18. Heyitsrobbie1984

OMGOMG i cant believe australia has made them :D shame the french chose another rifle though :(

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/AU/1360862382.jpg
  19. MrLee.NO

Austrailan made copy of the AUSTRIAN Steyr AUG ;)

Bullpups give a shorter overall rifle true, but has other disadvantages. Looking at real life situtations:

Harder to fire for a lefty for one. Sure, good designs can change which side the cartridge ejects from, but this is still a few minutes work, not ideal for battlefield conditions.
    Shooting from behind corner cover - you need to expose a lot more of yourself to be able to aim properly compared to a conventional rifle.
    Catastropic failures happen under your arm/next to your face instead of in front of your body.
    Ergonomics issues. (longer time to reload because of more awkward magazine placement e.t.c.)

Sure none of these apply to the game, but for lore POV, I could see how armies of the future don't automatically go for the bullpup design just because it is newer.
  20. Heyitsrobbie1984

not just a copy, but its made for future warfare. i read its gonna have inbuilt rifle input controls, cuts some weight off the original model and made it even lighter and even better with the GLA on it. also read that its only competitor is the IMI Tavor