(BUG) Ammo Packs & Grenade Launcher

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by TokyoShoe, Dec 1, 2012.

1. SirKuma

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the S class carbines and their related bugs, I've heard they can get fiddly though. As far as the resupply bug goes though, its simply; Fire GL, Press 1, Press 2. You will now be holding your launcher which will reload itself and resupply itself without any trouble. I can't speak for this new carbine bug though.
  2. Armchair

Yeah, I thought that I had tried that already and failed when I first unlocked the carbine....but that may have just been faulty memory on my part. All I know is that swapping between the GL and the carbine can be unreliable after firing and reloading/intterupt->reloading the GL. I'll give it another try tonight and report my results.
  3. Armchair

I just re-tested it.

Apparently GL->carbine does work.....there is just an awkwardly long delay before it actually swaps to the carbine. That's why I initially assumed that it immediately locked upon firing. I'm still sticking with GL->pistol. It just seems more comfortable to me.
  4. Hyperzone

0/4 ? how do you get 4 grenades from the start, any bandolier type of suit you're wearing?

I'm just curious about that, not implying that has something to do with the bug, because I can affirm it most certainly does not.
    My testimony, my VS engineer has Solstice SF unlocked with grenade launcher, same kind of bug. Except default SSF UBGL ammo is 0/2 or 1/1 loaded max. Which suit expands that?

To confirm, all the reload being distance independent is true
    - it bugs out the same way as you describe, reduces maximum primary ammo!
    - I tried all sorts of things like emptying some main and pistol before reloading, no go
    - dropping a new ammo pack before reloading
    - waiting for someone else to reload from my ammo pack
    - reloading from someone else's ammo pack, same trials with movement or without, etc.
    - sometimes it will "wake up" and start reloading again but the main gun bullet reduction bug will persist and it will only reload once. I can fire that grenade off and be stuck again.
    - certs wasted? absolutely. I never use it, it's just too much of a liability in combat, being unable to switch back to #1 when it gets stuck (have to switch to pistol first, and then back to #1... you know how disastrous that kind of shuffling can be in close combat). I'm left with the feeling of being cheated by salespeople and false advertising :/

Just fix the damn bug, how freaking hard can this be, really. More horns don't add as much to gameplay as being able to use a weapon people spent their first SC or 500 certs on maybe.

Also, bump. This needs attention.
  5. flipmoomonkey

Tentative Good News chaps, it looks as though the restocking bug might be fixed. Just went through 3 ammo packs worth of continuous firing and it didn't stop filling up once. Unfortunately it can still get stuck when trying to switch back to 1 from 2, but we can't everything now can we? :p
  6. Compass

So will people stop groaning about "exploit this, exploit that?"
  7. Xaonos

Hey

I've had the UB Grenade Upgrade for the Solstice SF for a while now,and I'vehad this bug. What I have noticed is:

- My Carbine Ammo is 30/150
    - After the bug occurs, if I haven't fired a shot with regular lasers, my Carbine ammo is 30/151
    - Most likely, the grenade ammo upgrade is been applied to the regular carbine ammo in this case, been acknowledged and stopped.

The Grenade Launcher can be changed to another weapon, usually, by pressing 1, 3, etc, mouse scrolling of 'B'. However, not all of these work at the same time, so it is real pain in the **** to mess around with changing you weapon, whilst some LA is shoving half a clip down your throat.

Also the reload bug isn't consistant. Sometimes I get 30-40-inf shots off without a hitch. Sometimes no reload. Sometimes it reloads 1 grenade in an empty clip and doesn't reload the other.
  8. Compass

The bug no longer occurs.
  9. Pyldrvr

My underslung worked pretty good tonight after the patch. I did have it stop reloading once though and had to get a new one so it isn't entirely fixed, but it is definitely a lot better. It has a huge arc now though so is harder to aim very far with it.
  10. Doligoss

Indeed it still bugs after couple dozen shots...
    Better than what it was but not the solution SOE promised.
  11. Halfclick

Still getting this bug, and after reading this old thread, it looks like its been around for quite a while. There's still plans to fix it....right? Just died yet again because ammo packs decided to stop giving me grenades. :(
    • Up x 1
  12. RealityWarrior

Agreed, Same issue. If I fire once and wait it has a better chance of rearming from the ammo pack. If I fire twice quickly 95% of the time I can't rearm until I die.
  13. Pyldrvr

It is still buggy after dropping an ammo pack on the ground and it switching back to the USGL and then not being able to switch to the carbine part without going to handgun first, but the reload seemed pretty reliable for me last night after GU06. Hopefully they finally tackled that nasty nasty little bug.

I can't wait till they find time for someone to go through and really fix ALL of the under barrel stuff once and for all.
    • Up x 1
  14. RealityWarrior

I agree completely. I experienced the exact same. Reload MUCh better, but still switching strangely.
  15. Shiaari

Interesting bug. I can't replicate it though. My underbarrel grenade launcher works just fine. I can place my ammo pack, and spam grenades until the ammo pack despawns.
  16. commandoFi

Rocket spam = actually pretty good against infantry.
  17. Pyldrvr

welp, my USGL was getting bugged and not reloading again last night, so while it might be getting better, it isn't completely fixed, yet.
  18. Trebb

I live and die by this thing (because when I miss, the sub-par firing rate of the Trac-5s is weak against shotgun noobs).

I've noticed it will properly reload forever no matter how fast I fire, but if I interrupt the reload mechanism in any way (switch weapons, hit knife, get in vehicles etc) It will almost certainly bug out until I reload at a terminal.