Buff to Scout Rifles incoming

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Astraka, Apr 5, 2013.

1. iller

Maybe what we really need here, is a new tool that helps make both Semi-Autos more effective?
    (the Semi-Auto Snipers, and the Scouts)

B/c honestly... that stupid thing we have right now is 100% useless at those ranges and no one can even argue that point like they try to with closer range combat and "infiltrating". (dart won't travel far enough).

It's hard to come up with something like that though so it's no wonder SOE didn't (and really, very few game designers ever have in the past either). The closest they got was that stupid Phoenix thing and they gave THAT to a class that already was the answer to basically everything in the game and now they're getting better battle rifles on top of that. You ever tried to snipe-battle an HA with a really really accurate long-range setup? They literally have 3-4x the shield advantage and roughly the same DPS. :mad:
  2. Drstrangewolf

3. zaspacer

hehe, I've more than a few times been taught who was the mid-range firepower master by a HA 70-100m away. I spot them and take a shot, only to have them turn around and unload on me with massive and accurate firepower. But with good cover, cloak, and the good sense to move fast, I can usually get away or even play hide-and-seek with single shots to kill or harass them. Worst situations is when there is no cover (flat area, you are on a hill slope, or you are in a valley), and they can just play let-the-cloak-timer-burn-out as they bullet hose you out of existence. Sometimes you can get lucky with a quick-aim-and-make-a-headshot before they TTK you.
  4. Hellhammer

The SOAS-20 (and faction equivalents) is a great gun, but needs more bullets per magazine. 35 per magazine would be great, anything more than than would be awesome.
  5. OldMaster80

I'm back to the SOAS in these days and I'm doing a far job, more than with Armistice. I'm it just needs more bullets and a little more control on mid range, but it's good.
  6. Hellhammer

OldMaster80 - after spending some time in the VR area, I found that the forward grip + compensator makes the SOAS shoot virtually stationary without much effort (I also use the 2x Reflex). If you come across any stationary targets, you can virtually hold down the fire button (start at the chest), and watch as the bullets move up the body. At longer range, burst is best to use, or you'll waste ammo
  7. EViLMinD

Knowing that a buff is coming, I bought the Shadow while it was on sale. I put a laser and a 3.4 scope on it. Now I'm trying to decide if I want a flash suppressor or suppressor. I haven't bothered with flash suppressors before, because of the recoil penalty and the lack of gun noise suppression. I like to be stealthy and difficult to find. I figure the FS will be the right choice for a mid-range semi-auto.

Besides, I've got my SAS-R suppressed (and with a 4x) for midrange sniping. It's a wicked gun.
  8. zaspacer

I think the Nyx needs a bigger Ammo Pool.

I use both the Nyx and the Spectre a lot. They are very similar, with the tradeoff being Spectre hits harder and has better range, whlie the Nyx is faster vs multiple targets, easier to finish off wounded foes, and better in shotgun mode (with Laser Dot). While I like both guns, I think the Nyx Ammo Pool is too small.

Spectre has 60 Ammo Pool while the Nyx has 50 Ammo Pool, but it feels like the Nyx should be the one with the more Ammo. The Spectre is a finesse and harder hitting gun that crawls slowly through its ammo with precision shots, while the Nyx is the weaker punch that requires more shots to take out targets and has more time open on the trigger due to its no bullet sway. With the Spectre I rarely run into Ammo problems, but with the Nyx I run into Ammo problems so often that I am contemplating getting Ammo Suit just to keep the gun viable in the field for average length engagements.