Buff Night. Anyone Agree?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadoiex, Jun 15, 2014.

1. vsae

Lol dude, do you know why am I so toxic on these forums in regards to crybabies and newbies who REFUSE to L2P, but come here and demand suggest some BS? Or did I just answer my own question in itself?
  2. Pikachu

Eye problems? This is what Amerish looks duiring night time.
    [IMG]

Anyway we all know nights should be like this:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  3. NinjaKirby

I'm the most bad-*** writing in black, so you can all go suck a lemon.

Also, notice how difficult it is to read Black text on a largely dark background. Pretty difficult huh? Straining your eyes? Prepare for plenty of that when switching to even darker nights.
    • Up x 1
  4. VonStalin

+1 sir.
    Hate nights.
    Huts eyes. Can't see. Not fun. Can't play on higher then low otherwise cant buff brightness at night.
    Constantly adjusting brightness level.
    Night in this game is fail.
    • Up x 1
  5. SuperMedicated

because it adds to the gameplay, it requires you to put in an attachment that you could've replaced with something better, it changes the game, it puts in diversity, a little bit more realistic gameplay and fun!
  6. Moz

So you are happy to lower yourself just because someone suggested something you didnt agree with, most of your posts are well structured i dont see why this one pushed your button so bad!? I understand your frustration with all the nerf threads and things but dont let them drag you down too!

Also those pictures that were posted, I remember when it was kinda like that. It wasnt so great then TBH but maybe it could be worked in if they did some of the other stuff suggested with lighting and scopes and the like.
  7. Dakster

I think nights are fine as they are, but what I would like to see is a generator for bases that if you blow up it cuts the lights to the facility and if the you then go inside the base it should be really dark as you're inside so no moonlight.
    • Up x 3
  8. Moz

OOOoooo I like that idea.
  9. DK22

First thing I'm going to do after work is buy myself some black camo, anything to annoy and irritate people.
    Good idea, thanks. :)
  10. Inex

Wait, are you talking about IRNV? What other scope would you be using? Most combat in the game happens within the IRNV range, so unless you're expecting to work long range there's not really any reason to be using any other scope.
    • Up x 1
  11. Maelthra

^ This. Especially considering the IRNV is the only scope below 6x magnification that is properly aligned. I've slowly been converting myself to the IRNV. I'm beginning to prefer it at all times, even in the middle of the day cycle.
  12. Shadoiex

Heh, no problem. Glad to help you piss people off.
  13. Camycamera

agreed, this has been on the table for ages.

i believe they do have plans for it, but not until they add more gadgets to be able to see at night. that's what Maggie said (i think) anyway in that large "Bring back beta night!" post in the suggestions section.
  14. SuperMedicated

that idea is just perfect
  15. FateJH

The game handles lighting poorly. Even some indoors areas suffer from poor lighting. Now go to somewhere like Quartz Ridge and it's terribly under-lit the moment you step outside of a door or the spawn room. Those courtyards in the front and back where the vehicle pads are; the roof of that central building; and all of the balcony areas inbetween; outside the front and back doors; the lighting in the base is deplorable all across it!

What about The Crown or Indar Excavation? Terrible at night.

The portable lighting we have available? Vehicle headlights are only good for a few short meters (in which case they are at least useful for determining the quality of the immediate future terrain from the driver's seat, though not much else). The flashlights we can attach to our weapons? They're not much better at illuminating our surroundings than a candle.

This current lack of illumination contrast necessitates the bland dark of night. It would be unbearable otherwise.
  16. Codex561

I miss dark nights. Infact thats why I came to PS2 back in beta - dark nights.
  17. Sagabyte

The nights should be dark enough where stealth, flashlights, and tracers are all effective.
    • Up x 2
  18. KodiakX

I play normally on Windowed Fullscreen which drags the Brightness down to 0 with no ability to adjust it. It's pretty terrible at night time as is and while visually it's very cool looking it's a pain in the *** to play in as is. Anyone with even remotely dark camo is virtually invisible to me usually and then I have to go to Full screen mode to adjust the brightness up so I'm not fighting blind against people who can clearly see me. It'd be one thing if we were all in the same boat with no ability to adjust things, but then there's always settings on the monitor/TV as well. Seems like a lot of work for something you can't ultimately do anything about.
  19. Silver Fox

As well as giving dedicated drivers thermals (vehicles where the driver has a gun already have this) so you can drive blackout. And make it unidirectional, like real FLIR, so you have to make a choice between running blackout with impaired situational awareness, or running with lights on and not being so sneaky.
  20. swisscowboy

Bring it back. The game is getting boring for my. Please give us darker Nights, it would make the game much more intersting.