[Suggestion] Buff MAX punch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, May 14, 2018.

1. frozen north

Yeah, I definitely think MAX melee needs work. That being said, I also consider it to be lower on " stuff that should be done to get MAX suits back to relevance and worth their price tag". Not saying its not needed, just that if I have to choice between making lockdown not feel like a nerf to survivability, and buffing melee for a MAX, I know where my vote is going.

I do think that the swing speed should definitely be buffed to get it on par with infantry. Also, since the MAX does in theory have the potential for different melee options, why not give them an equivalent to the instant kill knifes ( minus the weakness for TR of it being crazy loud)?

TR: I imagine this thing looking like one of two things. First is a gauntlet mounted saw. Not necessarily a big loud chain saw either. I would settle for a reciprocating saw, or a circular saw in appearance as well. Just please let it be quiet.

Other way I see it as being drill based. Either knuckle attached drill bits, or a massive big daddy style drill that separates into numerous retracted section while not in use.

NC: Hydraulic hammer like gauntlet. Basically, the knuckles are connected to hydraulics that cause them to extend forth on impact, boosting impact damage. I could also see an electromagnetic based system as well.

VS: Plasma saw. Unoriginal as it may be, It would definitely fit with the normal VS approach to weapon appearance.

Obviously, each of these would pack the same stats, much like the one shot knifes.
  2. JibbaJabba

haha, no idea what you're talking about. The "Ow my balls" TV show from the movie Idiocracy is kinda what I had in mind. We should make a special animation for when people die from a Max dick punch.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

• Up x 1