Bravo SOE Bravoohh

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roxputin, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hoki

dude, the patch wasn't that big of a deal
    • Up x 1
  2. Lord Robert

It can be NC vs TR all day every day and that would be fine by me.
    I won't miss em in their super stable strafing tanks with high damage super long range sniper cannons with exploding ammo and no drop pinpoint accuracy wolfpacking all over the map.

Is connery like this all the time now? I might put it on my short list of servers to transfer to when the transfer tokens come out if it is...
  3. Nepau

Personaly I find it funny how the TR got the tank buff and yet perform far worse in the SW corner on connery then the VS did. You can't tell me that the magrider was the only reason since right now most seem to believe the prower is overpowerd.

PS. Only the saron had no drop, a very small damage radius and hard to shoot anything at range if you were moving, but if you want to keep believing things that were not true then feel free.
  4. Jezs

:map design:
  5. AtomicGerman

Congradulations, this is what the NC dealt with day after day. World pop doesnt prove this is an actual problem, since even with that percentage you should be at least attacking one continent, show the other two and I'll stand corrected.
  6. CraftKing

You VS should consider a lot of things that may the cause of a sudden shift of population.
    And here are some examples and possible reason why:
    (Note: Most of them are characteristics of a 4th faction player ~ no loyalty ~ don't hate them, they're here just to play and have fun)

- They want to try other factions for some time.
    - They got sick of the color, weapon, play style, people of their previous faction.
    - They want the previous WG they hold. (referring to WG rotation).
    - - For VS, SE on Indar is a great disadvantage for their magriders. They can only be at the center or on the side of the roads. They can't spiderman on the cliffs/canyons.
    - - SE on Indar have lots of great disadvantages specially the locations of the tech, amps and bio compare to the ones at NORTH. On the SW on the other hand, there's only humps there where tanks and infantry can easily cross and defend etc. The cliffs are usually found on the edge of the map.
    -- If we're only talking about WG on Indar, it is now proven that there's imbalance between geo locations of 3 WG's. I want to literally slap this fact on the faces of people who denied it at first. They're so stupid when it comes to practical. They're all "logic and theory" but in reality, it's just their "illusions".
    -- Grass is greener on SW, super desserted and empty on North, maybe most people prefer either one of those two. But I like the SE, got accustom to it and feels like it's our home. :)
    - On some server, like Briggs, schools has started for primary and secondary. Your kiddie allies are probably studying.
    - The shift might be a group of new player chooses to be on TR or NC without knowing anything about weapons and stuff. Like me when I first joined in. I just joined in because "freedom" is cool and the color BLUE is cool to my eyes. RED irritates me likewise how the BULL hates RED. And for VS, we all know how they are called by other factions LOL!
    - It may also be a number of people from one faction, anonymously took a break on playing PS2 or QUIT!
    - Maybe a group or a number of people from one faction is suffering from these KNOWN ISSUES from the GU2 patch. Most of them probably don't have high end computers to counter these issue, atleast, even a little of countering (e.g. lag, screen glitches, etc ~ I'm assuming it's hardware related as well).
    - Maybe, and maybe, might be, probably, there's just tons of other reasons. IT'S NOT JUST BECAUSE OF NERF AND BUFF ISSUE. BUT THERE HASN'T ANY MAJOR NERF ON VS IS THERE? HUH?
  7. Hunter_Killers

Excuses are fun.

Except this is every day on Connery. NC were always above 35% when I was on there. This is a population issue.

I don't think theres enough smurf rage about the warp gate.
  8. CraftKing

What do you mean? Which warpgate? The Northern WG? It's because in Indar, it is the most ideal WG/spot for everyone. And NC currently have it, why would we rage about it? We're currently experiencing great advantage when it comes to geo locations and all.

If it's about our previous WG at SE, yes some did whine about it. But not all NC rage and post on forums. Or so at least in my knowledge.

Also, when there's problem in your server, don't generalize only saying NC, TR or that VS are having this and that issue. If other servers don't suffer from those. You get my drift?
  9. Sebastien

I have to say that the VS on Connery did really well attacking, and defending today considering their population disadvantage. It was a great fight, even with the trash talking.
  10. Col_Jessep

We campaigned to ROTATE the warp gate. That means EVERYBODY gets the **** gate at some point. So suck it up and wait till we rotate the next time. With the map as it is this is the only fair way to do it.
    • Up x 1
  11. RobotNinja

Let's take a look at what the pops are across ALL THE CONTINENTS and see how badly the poor, helpless Vanu are doing in numbers.

As of this post, on Connery:

Indar:
    VS 25%
    TR 40%
    NC 34%

Esamir:
    VS 52%
    TR 42%
    NC 5%

Amerish:
    VS 31%
    TR 17%
    NC 51%

TOTALS:
    VS 108%
    TR 99%
    NC 90%

Oh my...the VS only has 108% pop across all three continents compared to the TR's 99% and the totally OP NC's 90%?!

Somebody give Roxputin a hug and make him some hot cocoa and...No...thank YOU for stopping by Roxputin. Buh bai. If you can't handle your "favorite" continent being roflstomped by another faction then rally your Vanu bretheren. Don't come to the forums to cry about how OP it is because all your best friends forever are running rampant on Esamir instead.
    • Up x 2
  12. CraftKing

No, that's not the way to do it. Sorry to tell you that. You should refer to the population count on the character selection screen.
    Because for example, on Esamir, there might be only 11 VS, 9 TR and 2 NC. <- I didn't calculate to be so accurate based on your % but just get my point.
    • Up x 1
  13. RobotNinja

I'm aware of that but it shows the Zergu Sovereign is currently amassing the bulk of their forces on Esamir and Amerish.

Also, it's silly to claim it's not fair because you're playing off-prime-time hours and late into the night and every 15 year old in America isn't logged in right now, supporting your empire.
  14. Doktor Fink

Bravo! You have taken a screen shot about thirty minutes before three hours of Vanu Dominance.
    Brought to you by the Templar Order, it was US who pushed and held Allatum and as far as Hvar. We might be outnumbered, but kilo for kilo, we are superior to you all.

To the VS lonewolfing it, join a squad. Templars preferred, but any will do.

Strength in coordination.
    • Up x 1
  15. RobotNinja

Squads? Coordination? Knock it off with the crazy talk you.
  16. Rognik

The NC welcomes you with open arms to the southeast corner of Indar, where thanks to the convergence of poor map design and broken game mechanics, it's entirely possible to be permanently pinned down by a barrage of invisible rockets from a camp of invisible and invincible infantry wielding cooldown-less and resource-less Annihilators. We hope you enjoy your stay.

(Note: that's not quite the warpgate, but you can do the same thing there. And yes, that requires numbers and organization, but with rendering issues, them having the high ground, and it being very difficult to get a tank up there, it can't be effectively countered by anything.)

Seriously, I do feel sorry for the Vanu being stuck down there now. I can't believe they thought it was a good idea to have the warpgate be below numerous cliffs that are within lock-on range but not within render distance. Also, who builds towers at the bottom of a canyon? You can actually jump tanks onto their landing pads (while shouting Yippee Ki-yay, mother ****er! for bonus certs). The warpgate needs to be placed level with the top of the canyons, and it needs to be possible to drive tanks straight onto the top of the bluffs from it.

Oh, and of course the render distance needs to be fixed at least. I also personally think that having the Heavy Assualt counter air, infantry, and tanks all in one loadout is a bad idea, but that's a slightly different issue.
  17. FA18

SE corner of Indar is litterally a bunch of choke points that allow platoons to eat up tank columns like there is not tomorrow.

We know that feel vanu. :(
  18. DonnyD.

You are all missing the point here. SOE has pretty much screwed the pooch big time, I mean seriously the OC = free hacks bug is back from early beta, Half the players on all factions either aren't playing because of or are exploiting it and some are even blissfully unaware they are doing it at all. On top of that the only weapon the VS has ATM that can actually hit it's target 100% of the time, that means it registers on both clients and the server, is the SMG, update 1 fixed it update 2 broke it again. Then they go and turn the saron into the main cannon on the mag, I mean really its easier to kill infantry with the saron then the HE now, which BTW the HE will also pass right through an enemy 40% of the time. The hill climbing nerfs are just dumb to me, If a mag can get in to a place it should not be able to get then change the place not the mag, they killed are only defense which was mobility and firing on the move. I wont beat the dead horse of tank mines here but let's just say I got them yesterday, did nothing but hunt sundy's for 2 hours and got my 100 certs back and then some. But noooooo they are not OP at all...........

All that and I didn't even touch performance or the joke that is physx.
    • Up x 2
  19. Banick

You mean there is a geographical advantage?

I lol at all the TR and VS who said they'd roll over us regardless of warpgate location.
  20. Diamond Sword

This WG is just cursed, I think.

When NC had our current WG, their territory constantly looked the same.