Bought 6x T1 implants, used crafting, now have 1x T1. 0/10 would not bother to use system again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TotalNoob, May 20, 2014.

1. Axehilt

Probably too early to call it OP, given that alternatives like Battle Hardened or Sensor Shield are likely to edge it out in terms of effectiveness.

Although sure, like NAR I expect a lot of players to vastly overrate its effectiveness. With vehicles you can repair yourself, which reduces the value of an auto-repair unless it kicks in before you would normally be able to repair yourself (which NAR doesn't, except on slow, flying Liberators) And with most vehicles you're actually losing a strong defensive advantage by taking NAR (no front armor or composite armor) which makes it comparatively weak.

Same deal with Regen, where you already can heal your health to full basically instantly (medkit) or with support (medic), and the value of repairing your teeny-tiny infantry healthbar from 0-100% over 15 seconds at Regen 3 is (a) a slow amount of healing, (b) possibly redundant if you take medkits, and (c) not really that significant since you can be killed in 1-2 seconds anyway even if you get to full health.

But again, exclusive choices comes down to whether the alternatives are better and it's too early to say how regen's limited value compares with BH, SS, and the rest.
  2. CaliBased

yea that sucks man. apperently combining tier 3 implants does not give you a new extra one. tier threes can only be created from combining tier 2's.
  3. Brenold

if you combine three identical tier 3s you will get a single tier 3 that is different from those components you put in. My mistake was that one of the implants i used was different from the other two. I still got an implant that was different from what i put in as promised. unfortunately since I used two kinds it was also identical to the other one i used.

this applies to all levels. got three battle hardeneds? combine them and youll get something different.
    but if you mix two battle hardeneds and a hold breath 1, you will get a single implant different from one of these two that you used. like a battle hardened, which is different from the hold breath. or a hold breath, which is different from a battle hardened.
  4. Brenold

ehhhh i ran regen 2 on my LA and HA, it was kinda too slow for my taste. it will save you the hassle of looking for a medic or bringing health utility items, but it will not save you when your health is low.

i liked the fall damage one on amerish, and also on my LA i can expend my whole jumpjet tank on vertical thrust without worrying about softening my fall.

EOD hud was cute too for driving vehicles to avoid mines, I was a gunner in a sundy and this implant allowed me to tell the driver there were mines ahead and i got to witness him turn slightly in a diff direction straight into the mines to blow us up. lol
  5. Cerberus007

I dislike the implant crafting atm, I put 5 battle hardened level 1 into the crafter thinking it would make 1 level 2 battle hardened. Imagine my disappointment to get one level 2 EOD instead.

What's the point in putting in 5 level 1s to get a random level 2?
  6. ScrapyardBob

For those situational implants like hold-breath, safe-landing, regen -- if they put in an on/off switch, then SOE will need to either:
    • Massively boost the activation energy and run-time energy
    • Add a minimum run-time (implant runs for 60 seconds, minimum) before you can toggle it back off
    Personally, I'd go with the former. Put in an activation cost of 200 energy, and boost the per-second cost from 0.5/0.75/1.0 to 5/7.5/10.
  7. Shockwave44

Says the guy with the all access tag. So you don't support what they are doing in game with implants but you are supporting them by having a membership. :confused:
  8. Demetrios

Someone's gotta do it.
  9. Shockwave44

Sure, you can do it, but it makes your stance against giving them money for implants meaningless.
  10. JibbaJabba

That is so obtuse I can't even be bothered to facepalm.

Did you ever think I might have purchased a membership long before implants were even announced? No, that's just such a far off concept that your head is probably exploding right now while reading these words.