Bought 6x T1 implants, used crafting, now have 1x T1. 0/10 would not bother to use system again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TotalNoob, May 20, 2014.

1. FoxnEagle

Maybe they could instead make the implants toggleable. Then they wouldn't be on ALL the time, but we could save some of our charge for it.
  2. lNeBl

For the record buying the 5-implant is a better deal than the 3 :p '

Unless it bugged out, combining 5 tier1 implants should guarantee you a random tier2 implant.
    • Up x 2
  3. Nepau

Not sure about the Charge costs yet myself. I think we have to see how it plays out live for a while before we can really gauge if it needs to be changed and how. Remember they also put it in that you can convert Implants you have extra of into chargers, so you really arn't forced to spend certs or Station cash for chargers.

a Run speed implant if put in probibly wouldnt stack with adrenaline pump. Remember the issues withe the ZOE? If we boosted Infantry speeds too much it would happen with them as well.

The detection implant to be honest is something I wouldnt want them to put in. There are already many Detection tools (scout radar, Infiltrators, Implants that autospot what you hit or hits your) that we really don't need another Passive detection in the game. If we did it would actualy reduce the other methods like Infiltrators.

Ohh and for the problem someone might have with decontructing all your implants, just need to have a Conformation to warn someone if they are about to deconstruct an implant they only have 1 of.
  4. HLM

What the.. I assumed this is how it would have been. I have not played yet.
    So you're telling me you buy the implant/energy and then it just slowly ticks down over time whether you're actually using the implant or not?
  5. Saval

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of changes to the Implant system over the next few months, so I will hold off on spending certs or money on implants until those changes happen. I'll just live with earning them for free through experience.
    • Up x 1
  6. supernauttt

i bought a couple packs with certs as well to try the crafting thingy and same lol i got 1x tier 1's back of the same ones i put in...lol yeah i wont be using it any time soon either lol
  7. FoxnEagle

All you guys have to do is put 5 Implants in to have a good chance of a tier II item, or 5 Implants of the same time to get a guaranteed tier II of the same type.

"I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of changes to the Implant system over the next few months, so I will hold off on spending certs or money on implants until those changes happen. I'll just live with earning them for free through experience."

Yeah, probably should have done that myself :D

"What the.. I assumed this is how it would have been. I have not played yet.
    So you're telling me you buy the implant/energy and then it just slowly ticks down over time whether you're actually using the implant or not? "

Yes, the implants are ALWAYS on draining energy per second.
    With the charge packs gained from experience giving 600 energy, the time you can run implants go as such
    .5 per second (most of Tier I implants): 20 min of gameplay
    .75 per second (most of Tier II implants and some Tier I): 15 min of gameplay
    1 per second (assuming this is Tier III): 10 min of gameplay

Problem is, I played around 3 hours of gameplay and only got 3 charge packs...
    IF they made the implants toggleable, then we could save some of our charge for when we really need it
    SUCH AS
    - Using regen implant as a health kit or regenerative kit (have to be under cover and out of fire, and both do the job faster than the implant)
    - Using the Hold Breath ONLY when a sniper is in position (instead of always running like it is now)
    - Using Safe Landing before jumping off a tower
    etc
  8. Garrum

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/240luz/smedly_on_implant_drops/ch2qiq1

"Fact is: the current drop tuning is designed to allow average players (by raw, non-boosted xp gain, across all characters) to be able to maintain even tier 3 implants with drops alone."
  9. CaliBased

lolol
  10. faykid

The only gripe i have with this system is that 3 x T1 implants can give you the same implant you put in there. It doesnt make cents. Why would anyone do that? It is not recycling, it is incineration.
  11. AdamGrantBell

Yeah, I did this too, on the assumption that SOE wouldn't let you literally burn SC. Apparently they do allow it without providing you with a warning. This feels like something consumer protectionery to me.
  12. Torok

The "Help" window should be brought up by itself for the first time ever you go in that Nano-thing window.

SOE fails here.
  13. DaninTexas

Wasted about 500sc on this. Have spent hundreds on this game - won't be spending any more on the implant stuff
  14. Axehilt

Hilarious coincidence:
    • 5 mins ago here at work (game designer) I mentioned a favorite Douglas Adams quote, "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    • Find this thread detailing several foolish mistakes the OP made with a reasonably foolproof system.
    • The icing on the cake was how the OP implies the system took him for a fool, immediately after he finished explaining that he had just made several foolish mistakes.
    We all make mistakes, and implants certainly aren't flawlessly implemented or explained to players, but to stumble through the process blindly (repeating the mistake after less-than-desirable results were experienced the first time) and then refuse to use it again in the future (putting you at a distinct and unnecessary disadvantage) just seems...well...foolish.
    • Up x 1
  15. Huxer

And yet, that's exactly what will happen. People will come to despise the new system even if of their own mistakes and in the end guess who will suffer? Don't think that just because SOE did nothing wrong that it is not their responsibility, it certainly is.
  16. Brenold

hey be thankful, i did this to three level 3 implants hoping to get a new one. (2 eod hud and something else)
    I ended up with a single EOD HUD so basically I just deleted 2 level 3 implants.

It is explained that if you combine 3 identical implants you are guaranteed to get a single different one
    If they are not identical then I suppose it's a lottery. but I bet you that lottery will almost always give you back one of your originals.

i was frustrated but the possibility does exist that it's a legit lottery and I was just unlucky so I should have paid attention to the specifics. I then looted maybe 4 charges and three implants during gameplay so it's not really a big deal... looks like I can fool around with them as they come in and as long as I use the combiner for 3 identical implants for a swap, 5 various for an upgrade or two implants of ascending levels to get a charge then the system works out.

it's actually fun to have these new additional tweaks... so far it seems if I really wanted to it won't be that hard to ration energy use without having to spend cash as long as im paying attention... like I had the regeneration implant on a light asault which was cool but after a cap i puled a sundy to drive to the next base and first got lost in stupid amerish then had to run away from enemy armor so basically i burned through energy sitting in my sundies driver seat... or i had the fall damage implant which was cool but totally forgot it was still on 45 min into a biolab battle...

a toggle would be great. or better yet, make implants use energy when their effect is activated, instead of just a countdown timer... which makes them more balanced, since my heavy/LA will lean on my regeneration implant a lot more times within an hour than other loadouts, and my infiltrator running marker will no longer feel that he needs to get shot so the energy drain will be worth something.
  17. St0mpy

never gonna happen, laws on virtual currency are entirely different, plus im sure they have their backsides covered with exhaustive TOS clauses - basically once you press the button to turn real money into SC thats where consumer protection laws end.
  18. Axehilt

The bar isn't high. One only has to make a mistake once (combine three T1s to experience the output of another T1) or read Alarox's Post (not even the whole thing, just the recipes at the end of it) or the wikia page to avoid making that mistake.

Having things to learn is actually a big reason we play games in the first place, so it's not fundamentally wrong for a system to allow players to make mistakes. (And it's up to them to avoid repeating those mistakes.)
  19. current1y

I did something similar with the free drops I got last night. Didn't notice the help button until reading on these forums today at work but I ended up combining all my free drops and ended up with a level 2 charger. So I got 9k charge with no implants rofl.
  20. KnightCole

5 t1 for 1 t? Then why didnt it give me I think it was a hold breath 2? Instead if gave me I think a regen 2.....or was it another random T1? All I know is it wasnt a T2 of what I put 5 of in there.......

This implant thing is more and more ********.....I played with it a bit yesterday....but derp.....

Regen is pretty cool and OP and absurd and ******** at the same time...NAR on infantry? Tune in next week when we get NAR Shields to..