Black clouds and silver linings (BCSL)

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by TheJamoo, Sep 1, 2013.

1. TheJamoo

Introduction and who we are

BCSL (Black clouds and silver linings) is a fairly new and upcoming outfit. We are a friendly and inclusive outfit which is willing to learn from experienced players as well as help new players with our gathered experience. We run daily squads (usually public) from around 7:30 - 10pm GMT onwards so if you are interested feel free to join our squads and see for yourself what it is like.

Our aim as an outfit is to play tactically while enjoying the experience of the game with a friendly atmosphere. We have our own TS3 server available, we don't ask for people to have a microphone or to even use the TS3 server but we would like to encourage communication and cooperation between players to allow a more immersive and enjoyable gaming experience.

As an outfit we are looking to recruit members of all skills and ranks. We are trying to increase our size so we are not looking to fill certain roles but people who are interested in squad leadership and support roles are encouraged to speak up. We are looking for a more tactical approach with mature players who can follow basic commands and help newer players if needed.

Requirements:
    • Mature attitude (No age requirement)
    • Follow orders from squad/platoon leaders
    • Take part with the outfit
    Rules:
    At BCSL we do not have many rules but we will not accept abusive messages whether that is in chat or using voice communications. Aside from obvious rules like no hacking and similar this is all we ask you abide by. If you are found to be breaking these rules you will be removed from the outfit.

Getting involved

To get involved with our outfit there are multiple ways of doing so:

-Reply to this thread and post the details listed below:

• In game name:
    • Preferred class/role/playstyle:
    • Previous FPS experience (not required):
    -Contact us in game: You should message one of the leaders (IGN’s: TheJamoo, Lone or NeonBlast)

-Join our TS3 server using address: voice.thesentinelalliance.net . Join our TS and try to locate one of the leaders listed above. If none of the above are on, try joining a channel with someone in and they will put you in touch with us.

If what has been mentioned sounds like your kind of outfit feel free to contact us in the ways mentioned above and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefields of Auraxis.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bindlestiff

Best of luck with your recruitment drive!
  3. TheJamoo

4. NeonBlast

This looks like the sort of thing i'm looking for
    i would love to join you guys/gals my IGN is NeonBlast

good luck with your recruitment
    • Up x 1
  5. TheJamoo

Glad to hear it! I'll add you when I am next on :)
  6. dogster507

I'm interested in getting involved, my IGN is Lone.
  7. eliteIoN

Sounds great

I would like to join your outfit.

IGN: eliteIoN
  8. nallar

Had a lot of fun earlier today in a BCSL-ran platoon, under NeonBlast as squad leader. Looking forward to taking part again soon :)
  9. TheJamoo

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the feedback and I will personally pass on the acknowledgement to NeonBlast :)
  10. ClarSco

Hi, I was part of a BCSL platoon the other day and I really enjoyed it. As a result, I would love to join the outfit.
  11. TheJamoo

Excellent news! I will have someone add you to their friends list to invite you, is your forum name your ign?
  12. ClarSco

Yes
  13. Ribero

A there a time around which you normally run your squads/platoons?

Just I don't recall ever seeing your [TAG] around, is all.
  14. NeonBlast

We are usually on evenings and weekends, if you add The Jamoo, Lone or me (NeonBlast) as a friend you can message us and ask if there is a squad running (Its a 99% chance there is if one of them are online,) recently i have noticed problems with some squads showing up on the squad screen. Also if you have Team Speak that is a great way to get hold of someone. Have fun
  15. [EoW] Poseidon

I'd like to join as well. Good Heavy Assault, good Infiltrator and quite ok Medic.
    Ingame name: EndOfWorld
    I am really tired of playing alone and withput any tactics. I'd like to work with other interesting, funny and tacticsl interested people. I have no problems with listening and following orders. Even though I am german, my english is pretty fluent. No heavy accent ;)
    I am not 18 Years yet, but I can convince you, that my behaviour is mature enough ^^
  16. TheJamoo

Thanks for the interest, I have added you to my friends list. :)
  17. [EoW] Poseidon

^^ great. I am currently on holidays, but i will be back in about 2-3 days. From then on, I will be online more frequently.
  18. dogster507

Being under 18 is not a problem, as long as your mature enough to receive and follow orders we will welcome you.
    • Up x 1
  19. dogster507

Also if anyone in the outfit is interested then I'm going to start a planetside 2 series on my youtube channel, for this I will need a dedicated squad who all have microphones. I'll include some more information below.

Here's a Small sample (we will do serious stuff too)

BTW my IGN is Lone

Here is the squad layout (I will need people for the empty slots)

01.) Combat Medic (Lone)
    02.) Combat Medic
    03.) Combat Medic
    04.) Light Assault
    05.) Light Assault
    06.) Heavy Assault
    07.) Heavy Assault
    08.) Engineer
    09.) Engineer
    10.) Engineer
    11.) Infiltrator - Close Range
    12.) Infiltrator - Long Range

Requirements

1.) You must have a decent microphone - That means NO feedback or sounds being picked up other than your voice - sadly this is necessary for the recording quality.

2.) You must be available on Saturdays from 8-10pm GMT - This is the time I have set for recording (it can be discussed and changed)

3.) You must have a vague sense of humour - No-one wants a youtube video where everyone is super serious

4.) you must be over 14 years of age - sorry guys I know the outfit is all inclusive but a squeaky voice is no good for a video (if you are under 14 but feel you have a low enough voice and a serious enough mindset then I'll give you a shot)

5.) And finally you must have the ability to receive AND follow orders - Planetside 2 relies on the use of tactics so if you ignore a direct order your out.

Thanks for reading this

Officer Lone (BCSL)

*edit -:- By the way guys being part of Black Clouds Silver Linings is not compulsory but it would make meeting up easier.

*edit -:- Also you will need a Vanu Sovereignty character on cobalt (I thought that would be obvious but you never know)

*edit -:- Guys if you could follow this up in game because this is an outfit recruiting thread, my IGN is Lone. Thanks
    • Up x 2
  20. NeonBlast

Hey lone, i would be happy to join in with the squad, i can fill long and short range infiltrator and engineer if necessary (i think my mic is ok XD) i might not be able to do till 10:00 though, but i can do till 9:30ish.

If we have time we could make a outfit trailer, might be quite cool