best Suit Slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CaaKEE, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CaaKEE

which one are u guys using? dunno If I go for ammo or whatever, using the sprint one for now lol

also cant decide If I go for a second C4 or the kit... 1 C4 is kinda bad... but 500 certs worth 1 more?
  2. FluffyM

I went with sprint for my shotgun/rebel setup because at the effective range for shotguns, my own health doesn't really enter the equasion due to low TTK.

With my carbine I go with nanoweave armor because more health when engaging at medium-short range can only be a good thing.
    No need to run in and out of cover as fast when you can actually deal damage over range.

At least that was my thinking so far.
  3. Thrustin

I run with the additional ammo, as I tend to run out of it every time I'm in one of those sneaky spots LA can get into.
  4. VKhaun

Right now honestly there are so many things I need certs for I'm just rocking the 1pt +10% hp on every class. I definitely agree with Fluffy about the sprint on the light assault, I just couldn't justify spending the 30pts on that instead of on the jetpack or the resto kit, or the this or the that.

I would like to use the ammo bandolier on the medic. My my medic tends to live long enough to run out of ammo from self healing behind cover, but then again since that class can heal himself that +10% HP is doing the most for medic of any class.
  5. Conq

Health + Restoration Kits and Sprint + C4 are my two load outs.
  6. Xenoclix

At the moment i have gotten myself the nanoweave armor for the additional health. I tend to get into fights quite abit, moreso small scale short to medium range combat and having that slight extra hp helps quite abit when versing multiple enemies.

But i must say, sometimes i just wish i had the extra ammo clip. Try and rely on ammo drops too much sometimes :p.

I've got myself 3 bar of nanoweave but thinking of getting a couple of ammo bars for larger fights where i defend.
  7. Rune

Im using nanoweave except if i load up my shotty with slugs, then i use extra ammo.
  8. Steppa

I honestly don't know how anyone running LA constantly can go without increased ammo. I run out almost every single spawn. And it's annoying, especially if you find yourself in a great spot. I switched to the GD specifically because of the ammo. Damage/ROF/etc aside, I make it work because of the extra ammo. If you're discipline about who you engage and how you manage recoil, you can stay out there with suit slot ammo for a long time. The additional XP for kill streaks is really nice.
  9. Hellkyte

Grenade bandolier.
  10. MilkMan

I've just been running around with the 1 point in nanoweave, but I have 130 certs sitting around that I dunno what to do with. I was thinking about starting the save back up towards C4 #2 or JJ #5, but with JJ upgrades broken I'm a bit hesitant. At the very least I will likely throw the 30 into run speed and probably never take it off. I have been debating getting extra clips since it gives you the extra staying power if you find a good spot. However it's so seldom that I'm not all over the place that it's been a non issue most of the time. When it is an issue I generally have no problem finding a terminal or an engineer.
  11. Gary

My engineer has the faster regenerating shield since i stick to cover and when repairing use vehicles for cover.
    My Medic has Increased health almost got the last rank now which will give 25% more life combine that with the Medics healing ability and you have yourself a 2 or 3 extra bullets worth of life :D (im guessing the bullet part)
  12. SYPHONiCYDE

I find the Spring to be absolutely amazing. I'd go as far as to say it is required.

The extra speed for an extremely maneuverable class is priceless. I find it has gotten me around that corner and safe from enemy fire more times than I can count.
  13. Wolfwood82

So far I'm getting the most use out of Flak Armor. Sounds crazy but I seem to live a lot longer with just the level 2 flak armor advantage, particularly in open combat. It takes direct hits to kill me with explosives and grenades now where as before I died if a grenade looked at me funny as it sailed over head.

I have 2 load outs so far, Blackhawk automatic shotgun with IR/NV scope for close quarters (haven't picked up smoke grenades yet for it) and a TRAC-5 S with reflex x2, compensator, and underbarrel grenade launcher. Think I'm gonna try a LYNX with a suppressor for my 3rd load out.
  14. disky00

Hopefully once the changes Higby mentioned in the recent rounds of questions are in place, you won't have to worry about it quite so much.
  15. Steppa

I am reformed Eve Online player. The endless buffs and nerfs between missiles, artillery, lasers, and hybrids has left me numb to what the nerfbuffbat may or may not do. If I log in and the devs have replaced my avatar's feet with penguin carcasses, for example, I might take notice. Other than that...

lol
  16. altonyc

On my light assault, I have adrenaline booster, since it's fun to run really fast and fly over people while talking to yourself with a Boston accent.

I mainly use infiltrator (as an infiltrator/medium to close range, not a sniper), and on that I have the shield regen. I figure extra health would be nice, but if someone damages me to the point where I'm actually taking health damage, I've blown my cover.
  17. Swiffle

Everything has some merit, looks they did a good job with providing choices as far as the suit slot goes. I usually just run nanoweave, but I've used sprint and extra grenades situationally. Not sure why extra ammo costs so much cert, was thinking about using that. Would definetly use it on the rare occasions I run low on grenades.
  18. Wolfwood82

TR don't have this problem :D We carry 40 in the mag and 200 on our persons. I remember when it was a huge problem with my VS LA during beta though.
  19. FA_Q2

They are not talking about the nerf/buff bat though. They are talking about adding an entire ability to some classes (inf and LA I believe) That is tantamount to the penguins for feet, possibly even more noticeable. The talk was allowing LA to scavenge some ammo from dead enemies. THAT would be awesome IMHO and make the ammo increase less useful. There are always dead people around my LA :D
    • Up x 1
  20. disky00

Indeed. It would definitely be a nice feature. Doesn't make a lot of sense since the weapons between factions are all so different, though.