Best Engineer Weapons to attack new Construction Structures ?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Targanwolf, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Targanwolf

Thanks in advance.
  2. oTec

If you go straight for the core, an AV mana turret will do the trick well. I've seen a video on this forum recently with 4 heavy assaults with NC15 Phoenix launchers wrecking a base trough blowing up the hive. Whole base blew up.

EDIT: This might get patched***
  3. Targanwolf

There is a rifle that is good for killing maxes...and turrets. Was wondering how that might perform ?
  4. Liewec123

I imagine it will be really really weak, it takes something like 30 shots to kill vehicles with Archer,
    and structures seem far stronger than vehicles.
  5. NubCannon

Ive never tried it, but theoretically, you could use the archer to take out modules so that you can get to the core with your av turret. I however prefer my lockdown prowler for taking out cores, since i have lockdown just about maxed, and so it shoots much faster. but i still have to take out the AI modules or AV turrets first. The AV turret for engineer might be better for that
  6. Kcalehc

For taking out the modules, the crossbow with explosive bolts is pretty good. Mostly because its silent and won't show you on the mini map, and it only takes 4-5 shots for most modules (I think). So once you've found a good spot to fire from, unless the base owners see you or the bolts, they may not even realize they are under attack.

Haven't tried the Archer on them yet, but that'd be better from longer ranges, i.e. out of minimap detection range - as (at a guess) you'd be easily spotted by the number of shots it'd take.

And of course for the larger structures/turrets, AV turret does a fair bit of damage.
  7. Problem Officer

Dunno about that, the explosion is pretty loud.
    Only takes someone being on guard in the general area, once they get sight of the explosion you need to stop firing or they'll see the bolt too.
  8. Xybranus

Explosive crossbows work well enough, the problem is they aren't as stealthy as people always say it is.

You will show up on the radar out to 15 meters (not much, but still not entirely stealthy) and the Explosive arrows have a pretty hefty 'tracer' effect to them, and since they have a long flight time, you're quite easy to find.

Converserly, if you're wanting to actually be 'sneaky' about taking down construction components, the Archer, while it does significantly less damage per shot, you can be far enough away that the 150m radar range doesn't become an issue, and the tracer is a little harder to find and pinpoint.

On top of that, the Archer still doesn't do *bad* damage against structures, it's still slow compared to everything else, but given the weapon can reach out from much farther ranges to hit things, it does the job very well.
  9. Klabauter8

I'd say probably the archer would be very good for this.
  10. Bragg

Really depends is the base guarded or not, and is there active players. But the construction AT-turret is really good. It doesn't get detected by the base turrets, and you can set it up into enemy base inside if it fits.

X-bow with explosive bolts, this is really good for ninja style take down of hive. You can blow the HIVE with 7-10 bolts. And additional 12-24 needed to destroy structure shield module(s) (repair module cannot keep up with this) Decoy grenade makes all turrets go haywire for moment in enemy base, in some situations nice thing to have.

Engineer AV-Mana turret is also good solid weapon to take down constructions.

Actively guarded and some good positioning of base, they just need somewhat brute force to be taken down.

But any automatic/semi-automatic weapons does good to hive. Any bolt weapons is no go and pistol/revolver sidearms are also somewhat useless. Havent tried them all, so cannot give definite answer.
  11. Insignus

2 mines, 1 sticky, and 2 shotgun rounds per will allow you to destroy between 2-3 modules in a single go. With mine carrier maxed, this gives you a maximum possible output of 4-6 modules if you use your primary to detonate the second set of mines.