Best Engineer Weapon againts HA?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ReconTeemo, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Akashar

I can give you names:
    For VS: Serpent, VX6/7 (try to equip everytime SPA and ALS and you'll be fine)
    For TR: Lynx (same)
    For NC: GD7/F: (same)
    All these totally out dps anything a HA can come up with, and in cqc he'll have a bad time unless clearly better than you. You can hipfire easily, keeping your full movement speed, while he often has to ads and sacrifice at least 0.25. Plus the shield will slow him really good. Really I can't imagine people getting the drop on ha without killing them, unless:
    -The HA is a good player with NW equiped, and good ping/reflexes, with orion/mswr/anchor or any shotgun.
    -The player did not really "get the drop" but was coming from behind on an enemy that was almost turning against him.
    -The player had really bad luck with most of his shots.

Playing a lot of HA I can tell you that it's often that I get out of a fight barely alive, and I get most of my kills by flanking more than by attacking head on. The supposedly "I win shield" won't last long, and it gives you one kill at best before being inferior to any other class in CQC.
  2. HappyStuffin

I honestly just use my go-to engineer gun, ns-11c and hope for the best. Doing headshots if possible (it rarely happens, haha).

But I don't expect to win a 1v1 with a heavy assault as an engineer. It isn't meant to be.
  3. qquqq

Your best bet in any situation is to never be caught outside the best range of your current weapon. on heavys go for head shots more often, the over shield doesn't change that dmg, but basically in a stand up fight, your at a disadvantage,
    on an eng you need to play to your opponents weakness, always have a turret some where, use it for cover, mines. sticky grande, and if all else fails, make sure your always by a corner you can dodge behind. eng generally should be with some one else, i have ground high dps carbines can close the gap in most areas so you can still take down a heavy, eng + tower + shotgun > heavy + lmg.
    make sure you are gettn the initiative on your targets, if they have the initiative, duck behind that cover, always keep in mind where you can be shot from if your planing to run in the open, know if your too exposed,

There isn't 1 answer to this question its all the little things, that make the difference. play your strengths not his,
  4. Vango

Sticky nade and leg it.
    Not limited to HAs,nade bandoleer recommended.
  5. 3punkt14159

I just certet the serpent last week. Whit more then 800 rounds per minute you got the best demage per second. And because it gots also a low recoil you can better aim to the head, the shield does not effect the head, so your chance is higher. But to be honest, its not the idear that you beat a HA normaly.
  6. Iridar51

Yes, it does.
  7. EmeraldShadow

TR isn't least populated on my server, maybe you should try out the other factions first before posting.
  8. Liewec123

for NC:
    close? PISTON IN THE FACE!
    ranged? i like the AC-X11 because of the ridiculous 200 damage shots, its like a gauss saw for engi.
  9. MarvinGardens

Shotguns. Also, AV mana turrets will one shot any pesky HA at short to medium range. You just need to practice with it a bit. And pray they don't hit you with a rocket...
  10. Azimaith

Key for killing heavies when they pop over shield is to either corner retreat/evade to run down their timer (depending on the situation) or aim for the head with pretty much any carbine.