Best Engineer Weapon againts HA?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ReconTeemo, Jan 3, 2015.

1. ReconTeemo

What's the best gun for each faction (vs,nc,tr) to kill HA faster before killing you, in a close range 1 vs 1 situation?. I came back to PS2 it's been almost a year maybe. I still think the game is Heavyside or Heavy FarmSide. I feel TR carbines sucks compare to other factions. As of right now I'm using Armistice.
  2. Takoita

Shotgun?

No, seriously, they are good at what they do. You even get one for free (barring any bugs preventing the script from triggering).
  3. Uncle_Lou

I'll second the shotgun, but if the HA is awake and flips on his shield you are probably still hosed unless you HS him with a pump action. But then I'm not sure engis should necessarily be able to 1v1 HAs in close range.
  4. Jackmove

Your advantage is your weapon. in a close range situation, a Heavy's movement is a lot slower especially with a overshield on. Their LMG should be wilder. In close range, hipfire your carbine in bursts and aim at the head. If you have a laser sight, even better. Doing a reverse pie (kind of walking backwards in a C shape around a corner really helps these situations.)
  5. xMaxdamage

lynx has changed, now it has 909 rpm and it outdps any existing LMG in the game, same as serpent for VS and GD-7 for NC (those kill even a bit faster).
    it can equip an adv laser sight too and the hipfire CoF get ridicously small, very good for cqc.

shotguns are meh vs HAs imho, if they turn on the shield that one more shot required to kill them could be hard to be landed, and the general ttk increases a lot. I'd recommend them only to LAs.
  6. Doc Jim

No matter which weapon you use, go for the head and do some ADAD. I myself use the NS-11C (0.75x movement when ADS and reasonably accurate) and I ADS all the time unless the target is within knife range. Shotguns are certainly an option for very close ranges but they're too weak at everything else for my taste.
  7. EmeraldShadow

How exactly do TR carbines suck? The Lc3 jaguar is better then the solstice ve3 in every conceivable way (Better recoil, 10+ magazine, 50+ rate of fire, access to adv laser sight and soft point ammo.) TR is the most powerful faction overall, only slightly better than NC, but a hell of allot better than VS.
  8. Serialkillerwhale

The AI Mana or a Shotgun.

In general, I find if your fighting out in the open, your not doing it right.
  9. xMaxdamage

sure lol, thats why Tr is the least popped faction and everyone picks VS for server smashes.
    • Up x 1
  10. Takara

VS....Serpent the ROF means you can out DPS a heavy in the short term. Aim for the chest and head and you can kill him even with the shield on.
  11. Lord_Avatar

The Armistice is great in CQC, but the Lynx packs an ever slightly meaner punch while providing you with some ranged capability. Shotguns are also viable; if opting for a shotgun go for the Barrage (it's free) - most of the time the Overshield will negate the OHK potential of pump-actions and you are quite likely to end up dead before you can finish the HA off.
  12. _itg

The ideal is to not get into that situation, but the auto-shotgun will probably be your best chance to beat a shielded heavy. Make sure to hipfire and AADADAD.

For defensive situations, regardless of chosen weapon, you can also set up a spitfire nearby, to create a distraction and augment your DPS.
  13. Rikkit

For NC? up close? hmm how about gd-7f?
  14. patoman

shot gun and manna turret,

Long range gun them down, if they assult you, you can kill them in one to two shots.

A sort of eye opener for me realizing how good the manna turret is, and that your secondary can be a totally different weapon.

the HA can olny have one AI weapon you can have two that are good for two different ranges.

overall the shotgun is awesome, it allows a defensive class like the engineer to go offensive, if they charge you charge them back, or charge into a room and clear out multiple people.
  15. Waratorium

If you are an engineer facing down heavies, the trick is not to play fair. You have a lot of fancy toys that you can use, and you should use them- they are the engineer class feature. If he is coming for you, fall back, bait him around the corner onto your waiting mine or c4. Throw sticky nades at him then get out of his LOS until the sticky detonates, then re-engage him with your primary if he is still alive. Use your AI mana turret if you have time to set up and prepare for the incoming heavies, but be ready to hop off the turret to avoid eating a rocket. If you don't have your AI turret, place the AV or Spitfire and just use it as cover/a blocker instead.

The heavy assault is a class designed to win 1v1, head to head fights, so it is best to avoid trying to have a head to head gunfight with them. Each class will want to use their class feature to negate the heavies advantage (the engineer uses his explosives, the infiltrator uses stealth to engage the heavy from unexpected angles, the medic finds a teammate and heals the teammate while the friendly fights the heavy, the LA strikes from above/behind, etc etc)
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

VS have been underpoped on Emerald every time I've logged on this week, and VS/NC is only picked for server smash because the Orion/Anchor is marginally better than the MSR-W.

No one has ever picked VS for their wide selection of infantry weapons because outside of 1-2 stars the rest are crap.

As for the OP... Jaguar and Lynx are amazing carbines. I mainly use them on LA when I play TR but across all factions the Jaguar is hands down my favorite after the Pulsar C.
  17. StumbOz

I've been having some success with the Razor GD-23 because I can land consistent headshots and it has decent fire rate and damage for a mid range carbine. I've used Battle Rifles too, but I wouldn't suggest using them all the time if you don't like precision weapons. Either way, positioning and awareness is key. If you see a heavy burn his shield before he sees you, go for it if you think you've got the drop (where Battle Rifles excel). Always try to engage from cover too. In a closer engagement try and get behind him, or at least to the side because when they flip on their shield they will turn just a bit slower and give you time for 1-2 more headshots if your aim is good. Grenades are also good to soften them up first too if you know they are coming.
  18. hostilechild

Sticky grenade. If i am going to die, so is he, and i usually get a double as he runs back to friendlies :p

If i have time i just run, drop a prox mine turn in cover and wait for them.

Never face them headon, and if have no choice its sticky time!
  19. HenryTD

never have a chance to run from HA, as soon as i see they pop the shield i run but then i am always die after 2s........
  20. Iridar51

CQC carbine is going to be your best bet, they have a combination of traits that give you the best chance to win, if you use them properly.
    • Up x 1