Best attachments for Eidolon?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by bNy_, Mar 25, 2013.

1. bNy_

I just bought this gun and wow, it's awesome. Wondering which attachments I should get to make it even more awesome!
  2. Anvildude

Run you fool! You should not have brought this idea here. It's not a safe place for people to compliment Battle Rifles!
    • Up x 6
  3. bNy_

:(
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

i guess you were lucky killing stuff with it. this battle rifle sucks, period. i been using it for 2 weeks now. somehow i regret buying it. should have gone with that pulsar c or nova/pandora/thanatos+slugs instead since those guns are far better at killing at range (i heard) while still doing good at close/mid range.

anyway, for my eidolon i bought the laser sight and the compensator. the former is a must since you can now kill infantry that caught you off guard pretty easily at closerange (from the hip, of course). the compensator on the other hand kinda fails to reduce recoil. i still hope they buff it sometime. the battle rifles deserve a better niche in the game. they should be brought on par with the infiltrators scout rifles.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

i totally forgot to mention which scope i purchased for the eidolon. it's the 3.4x laser/reddot scope, also called the 'holo v3'
  6. Ruvan

Generally I'd go for a 6x scope, compensator and laser sight.

This is a long range weapon, hence the 6x scope. If you aren't fighting at medium to long range then there is no point using this weapon.

Ditto for the compensator. It's a long range weapon and a compensator is a good long range attachment. You wouldn't use a suppressor because it harms your effectiveness at range.

Laser sight because there seems to be no significant amount of horizontal recoil on this weapon, making a forward grip useless. Laser sight helps mitigate the CoF hip fire loss from the compensator.

You could put a lower scope on of course but then you start getting in to the ranges that the Pulsar C might do the job while being a much better weapon at medium/close range.
  7. bNy_

Thanks for the reply.

I already have some other weapons (serpent and pandora is what I mainly use) but wanted to try something new.
  8. Xebov

From all i seen through testing, the Compensator and Forward Grip dont work on this gun, or if they work the effect is so tiny you cant see any difference).
  9. NUKABAZOOKA

In a pinch you can hipfire this weapon with the laser sight attached, but generally go with what Ruvan says.
  10. Xasapis

I find that it complemented my HA better than my engineer. Generally speaking, it's one of the most challenging weapons to use in the game.
  11. FreelancePanic

Slugs, 4x and ext. mag. (C what I did thar, hur hur)

But in all seriousness, I use compensator, foregrip and 3.4x dot scope.
  12. Erendil

^^^ This. ^^^

6x + Compensator + Laser Sight. 1800 kills and counting w/ this setup. Not bragging, just confirming that it's an effective combo. I use this when the fight's >75m. For anything closer I'd also use either the Pulsar C or Nova w/ slugs.

And yeah, the Foregrip does nothing unless you firing at targets >200m away, and its generally kinda pointless to plink w/ the Eidolon at that range anyway since its damage degradation is pretty harsh. And the Suppressor's not real useful since the Eidolon is so quiet to begin with, plus everybody an their mother is using Scout Radar these days.

Yeah, Nova +4x +slugs is good too. But the Eidolon trumps it at ranges >75m if the target is moving at all. Slugs move like..... well.... slugs through the air. :p They're so dang slow, lead time is horrible at long range.
  13. itzCujo666

When I use the Eidolon (which isn't much), I use laser sight and compensator. The compensator lets me fire downrange, on target faster with less recoil, and the laser sight counteracting the compensator's reduced hip fire accuracy.
  14. FatherVanu

for me personally battle rifles are useless get a pump action shot gun or a decent carbine not an engineer sniper rifle
  15. k4el

I prefer:

3.4 scope (4x and large have too much flinch when you're hit, you'll miss if hurt).
    Laser targeter (the Eidolon actually has a decent hip fire when you use it and it helps at close range. The grip also does very little)
  16. Sian

Get a 4x scope (I prefer the OC4, simple crosshair and round body), and put it on your shotgun along with slug ammo.

Seriously, the Eidolon is worthless in comparison. It's too low velocity for long range use, too weak for mid-range use (where you'll get triple-headshotted by TMG-50s and Carv-S's all day), and is slightly less useful than a Beamer at close range.
  17. Erendil

If you all haven't already heard, Battle Rifles are getting buffed w/ GU07 this week. Here's the thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/says-the-chez-gu07-weapon-tuning.115773/

Battle Rifles are getting the following:
    • All battle rifles will be getting recoil adjustments, which will allow them to place multiple shots on the same target at a much faster rate.
    • In addition, muzzle velocity and/or damage scaling will get slight adjustments so that they’re more capable at range.
    In addition, the Eidolon (along with every other VS weapon) is getting it's damage degradation reduced so that it matches the TR & NC degradation curves. This means its damage will be increased across the board since its damage currently appears to degrade faster than the TR/NC BRs at all ranges (Eidolon reaches 200 damage at 80m instead of 85m for the TR/NC. Source: http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#dmg/la/1/24008/25008/26008). Its minimum damage will also be increased, from 167 to 200.

I'm really pumped to see how this affects the Eidolon's combat effectiveness. It'll still be a little weak in CQC, but it looks like it'll be a bit more effective than before between 25m-85m (or wherever the new minimum damage distance is) and then a lot more effective after that due to the degradation, recoil, and muzzle velocity buffs.

I can't wait to try it out! :D
  18. eldarfalcongravtank

i will definitely try out the eidolon after the buff, first in the vr training area though! right now, i am quite happy with my choice of pandora+slugs. it is the better battlerifle in my eyes. it only lacks the larger ammo capacity of the eidolon which holds 20 bullets in a magazine
  19. Rogueghost

I'm not sure why so few people know this, but the forward grip helps with both vertical and horizontal recoil, despite the description claiming it only reduces horizontal.
  20. Xebov

I tested the Battle Rifles on Testserver and i must say, i realy like the changes they made. Compensator and Forward Grip are now fixed and reduce the recoil significant, also the overall recoil has been reduced and the recoil decrease seems to be better. If i compare the gun with Compensator/Forward Grip to the current live version, i think the recoil goes down by at least 50-70%. It also got High Vel Ammo enabled to get the little extra speed.