[Vehicle] Banshee is now the worst AI nosegun by far

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GaBeRock, Jan 7, 2015.

1. iller

I'd be fine with this... I've got a dozen infantry kills now with the AH where I was just like "what the hell, I wasn't even aiming for his Head" or "WTH, does it really do THAT much damage to infantry??...why's it taking me so many damn shots to even get a Harrasser smoking then??" ....but against a MAX, it's just about perfect, maybe could stand 3 more shots longer TTK...

light PPA obviously can too. It's the original PPA only it's on an ESF which is even more gravity defying than any MAG or Harasser ever was, doesn't require 2 ppl, and cowards are still sitting >600m away outside G2A lockon range somehow still getting kills with the stupid thing... They should have to buy the Parallax if they want to kill any or the Non-Cognizants at anywhere close to that range. There's honestly bailing scumbags all over Connery right now running Coyotes with PPA. Won't call them out, but I think we all know atleast one of them by name...
  2. Xasapis

Coyote is a necessary evil pairing for PPA. That thing has practically zero ability to self protect.
  3. CorporationUSA

I don't understand why these weapons have headshot multipliers. I don't think anything but the infantry weapons should have that.
    • Up x 2
  4. iller

I don't even think most INFANTRY weapons should have it ... unless they're Semi-Autos / Pistols which require real tracking skill...
    Or if they do on all Autos, it should only be a 1.125 modifier, not the full 1.50 it is now....

Well by this logic ... H.E. MBT's should be allowed to have 2 kinds of secondary Guns then...
    And Python lightnings should also be able to switch their Barrels to Skyguard mid-fight.
    ...And AV Max should be able to swap to Bursters without even going back to a Terminal... etc etc...
    • Up x 1
  5. Grimunk

How anyone can think the banshee is anywhere near on-par with other ESF anti-ground guns, especially the AH, is beyond me. Comparted to the banshee, both other ESF guns are EZ-mode ground killers.
  6. sustainedfire

The banshee was entirely trashed - it's garbage now. A nose gun that requires sniper like accuracy on a platform that must remain mobile to survive is just dumb.

Though At least it sounds good now.
    • Up x 1
  7. CNR4806

Actually, they can... by nerfing server performance, which they seemed to be doing an awful lot lately judging by forum posts.
    • Up x 2
  8. LibertyRevolution

That is typical SOE balance.. They don't use the nerf bat, they use a sledgehammer..
    You can expect to see it given a balance pass about 6 months after they get around to fixing ZOE...
    (I wouldn't hold your breath..)

I was onboard the nerf banshee bandwagon, but even I can admit they went WAY to far..
    All I wanted was it to give me half a second to get a deci off in its general direction and it not to one clip an AA max...
    Instead they nerfed it to the point were you might as well just needler infantry to death...
  9. FocusLight

Oh indeed, indeed, Sir royal "We" - you don't speak for anyone else after all.

I note also that *REAL* air-jocks use lol-pods to kill infantry, only peasant impostors use the Banshee. /Smug prickery

Am I doing it right, or do I have to cut down on the sarcasm?
  10. FocusLight

Best reply ever. You sir win all the internets.
  11. asmodraxus

Now the TR can feel a bit like the VS

PPA = garbage
    ZoE = liability
    Magrider = nerfed to hell as the Saron got used at release (unlike the Prowler and Vanguard secondaries) and it took months for the stats to show the real reason and reverse it.

Yes the Banshee needs reworking, but so does the Saron, PPA, ZoE, Cereberus, Failshift, so can I respectfully say get in line at the back.
  12. DQCraze

Its junk now, toss it in the pile with the striker. We have the vulcan for now which will also be going into that pile soon.

Your best bet is to play NC which is Higbys favorite and they will be getting all the goodies.

Ravens, Anchor, Blitz, Jackhammer, scatter max, Vanguard Shield mode. What a list...
  13. MikeyGeeMan

This one goes on the shelf with the t1.

Useful but now no real advantage.

Shooting it now is like tickling the doughboy.
  14. Grimunk

TBH I think the banshee had such high performance because of the size of the ammo pool. Full certed, the banshee had around 60 rounds, and an ammo pool of over 500. You could do a lot of passes between reloads.

Nerfing the banshee and not touching the AH is beyond incomprehensible to me though, because the AH is a true insta-gib - it absolutely kills faster than the pre-nerf banshee. If you are hit, you will die with 1 round, maybe 2, as does everyone beside you. Then the reaver turns around and blows away an enemy ESF before turning his attention back to the ground.

The LPPA is actually very situation, but it excels too because it can pummel a group from a long distance out - beyond lock-on range, and definitely out of desci range, so against an LPPA you are typically dead because the AoE gets you before you find cover. Also, the balls 'o death don't always render so you don't even know where the fire is coming from.
  15. Reclaimer77

Do you think anyone here wants SOE to buff A2G?? Really??[IMG]

No. The Banshee is fine.
    [IMG]
  16. TekDragon84

People like TheBlindFreak are why these kinds of forums can be such cesspools. Dude rushes into get the first reply with a **** post in which he has no idea what he's talking about, gets called on being ignorant, and his response is "Oh well!".

KPH is not affected in any significant way by the number of people using it. The only arguments that can be made for that are with weapons that are given to new players for free or are new. The Banshee is not a new weapon, and it requires a purchase. People who have it bought it because they want an AI option for their Mosquito.

The low KPH is a direct result of the Banshee receiving extreme nerfs to time to kill, kills per magazine, and effective range. It doesn't matter if you're an MLGPRO or a scrub, those who equip the Banshee kill much, much less in a given time-frame than those who equip an AH or PPA.
  17. TheBlindFreak

I didn't just say "Oh well!". I admitted my mistake. You know, because that's what you do when you make a mistake. You admit fault and move on.

But no, then there's this guy. Instead of moving on from that point and continuing the conversation, he ignores the fact that I admit fault and continues to criticize the other post ignoring the fact that others have already explained why I was mistaken about KPH. Nah man. I'm not the reason this forum is a cesspool. The ones who can't seem to progress coherently through the conversation are what makes this a cesspool.
  18. Reclaimer77

You left out best sniper rifle (statistically proven). Best ES sidearm. And best AV Max by a mile.