Balancing ZoE module of Vanu max

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MrGurrenLemfox, May 11, 2013.

1. Ranik

Yep. You've got nothing apparently. I've already brought up my points and you are just arguing in circles at this point.

Qaz. Just sit and wait for your nerf. I'll be expecting the same for lockdown due to the make or break nature of anchor. In the meantime, stop trying to desperately play up a 20% armor reduction in comparison to the other two abilities downsides...

Oh and as for your question. I can think of at least 3 separate uses for ZOE in that situation. However in all likelihood you are just blanket defending what it attributed to your empire. I'm not going to bother as I've already sunk too much time into arguing with VS who have no interest in balance.
  2. Ranik

And now you have resorted to denying I've made any points and claiming I "like how OP lockdown is" .

Qaz, ignoring 90% of what someone is saying is not a discussion. Changing what someone says is not a discussion. You are posting just to argue, and ignoring everything actually said.

And the same is usual of many VS players who apparently do not care for balance. They will argue in circles and never admit a thing.
  3. Xasapis

The problem is that either all three skills will (should) have a cooldown or none of them.
  4. Myka

ZOE is a pile of **** compared to the other two abilities. Ranik is engaging in the cognitive dissonance that is a hallmark of any balance discussion involving the TR. By nearly every metric, TR equipment/vehicles/etc outperforms the other two empires by a significant margin, but in order to avoid the realisation, they cry 'OP' at anything that could be considered comparable in power.

It's like arguing with a brick wall.

The great majority of VS players don't want ZOE. Maybe we should start there and convince SOE to come up with something else, rather than this ridiculous sparkly pink disco ********.
  5. Ranik

"I don't want Lockdown because it's an all or nothing balance gambit that is either too powerful or utterly useless, and is easily abuse-able in groups"

Do you people even read? Or do you just randomly ignore what people say so you can complain about how useless the ZOE is?
    • Up x 1
  6. Sedisp

Uhh, yes ZOEs take double damage.

Innate armor resistance is 80%. A 200 damage round will do 40 damage with ZOE the armor bonus becomes 60 percent so the round will deal 80 damage.

If it's not a flat debuff and instead 20% of whatever the armor bonus is then lower the damage dealt with ZOE by 4%.
  7. Ranik

This is exactly what I mean. :rolleyes:

For your viewing pleasure...

• Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

MBT abilities don't follow that logic....

NC shield and Magburner both have CD's but deploy sure as hell don't
  9. Ronin Oni

Fractures are the strongest new AV weapon.

Lockdown will increase their effectiveness by 50%

for the most part, I think ZOE is fine by comparison.

NC may ****... but actually that shield will be a godsend. In biolabs they always cry about their long reload getting them killed.... so pull up shield and reload, put away and continue the slaughter. Other uses too, but you need to get more creative. Having 1 crouch with shield in front of another MAX can help battling tanks and the like.

In any case, asymmetrical gameplay is asymmetrical. Nothing will be perfectly balanced, but so long as the final tally sheet balances out roughly in power then everything will be fine.
  10. Nobalification

not 50 only 35% dont lie pls.
  11. Qaz

Where are you getting this number from? Thought it was 20% bonus to refire and reload, but it's been a while since i checked that.
    (that being said, fracture with lockdown are going to be op unless the only stat being affected by lockdown is proj velocity).
  12. Nobalification

from test server? maybe? bwah its says u get rof, reload speed and velocity 35%-50% what weapon u use. And the fracture with bursters gets only 35%.
    this is lvl 5.
  13. Qaz

wow, they might have updated that then. lol, we're going to be so f.ckd ...
  14. Nobalification

not so much. This is for balance bro.
  15. Qaz

i'm kinda bummed how people aren't freaking out over this yet, to be honest. both zoe and lockdown will break a great many things with av/aa, and it's not going to be pretty if this hits live.
  16. Nobalification

Its a war man. War is dangerous.
    • Up x 2
  17. Netsurfer733

What do you guys think, make ZOE & Lockdown not affect bursters?
    • Up x 1
  18. SgtBreastroker

Nah it doesn't need balancing. VS have been shafted a few times already.
  19. Ranik

ZOE and lockdown are supposed to have weaker effects with Bursters. At least that's what Higby said two weeks ago.
    • Up x 1
  20. DxAdder

ZOE should be scraped and replaced with Jump Jets.

And NO it won't kill the LA class for the VS.