Back to the Days of Air Domination

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by H4YW1R3, Dec 28, 2013.

1. holycaveman

Yes sir, completely a troll thread.

Laughable at best.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phazaar

Not sure where the delusions in this thread come from?

The new launchers are even better versus air (Anni Master Race, I'm looking at you), and it's -always- been 3 dedicateds to kill.
  3. Zinus

Where is that air domination :O? i want to get there with my skyguard, all i can find is sporadic fly groups that disperse once i start pew pewing.
  4. Jalek

It's still one Phoenix rocket.
    It doesn't do near the damage to ground vehicles as it does ESFs, and I don't think I've ever hit a lib with one, they don't seem to hover and wait as often.
  5. WTSherman

At least as far as I can tell, it takes me just as long to lock on now as it did before PU2, and I haven't been noticing any changes with range. I'm certainly not getting any of those insta-locks vs Gals and Libs that I've heard pilots complaining about. So as far as I know, that change has already been reverted.
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

Are we playing the same game? This is what it feels like when I fly: lock on? Ok flares 5 seconds later lock on again fawk better fly away nope 3 sky guards 2 burster maxes kill me 2 second tops.
  7. Hibiki54

Keep in mind that the changes to Lock-ons makes them more managable and situational. The faster lock-on time punishes ESF/Liberator pilots who come in too close to farm infantry, making close in thermal sweeps high risk for high reward. Also keep in mind that a low flying ESF/Liberator can be subjected to higher damaging dumb fire rockets and close range flak suppression provided by Bursters.

And yes, a skilled and/or cautious ESF/Liberator pilot can just use their cockpit instruments and stay OUTSIDE the 400m lock-on range and bomb all day. But they can be fended off by 1-2 Skyguard Lightnings or other ground vehicle AA.
  8. Astriania

Just nonsense, there are plenty of counters to ESFs and libs. Yes, it takes many rockets to clear the skies if the enemy brings a lot of people; I hear there's this thing called 'teamwork' that might help you.
  9. FocusLight

Spoken like a true air-jock with an elitist-attitude and entitlement issues.

You are an example of why I feel shooting down enemy air units is the single most fun activity in PS2 outside of organized team-play. If you do it as part of organized team-play, all the better.

Your tears, fresh from the channels of an entitled child, taste the sweetests.

Oh, and that's 3 basic GTA missiles to bring down an ESF. Or two to take it into red and then some small-arms fire, if you want to be picky.
  10. Necron

Pull a dual burster MAX... ESF dead. /thread
  11. NoctD

Nope - truth is just truth. I have as much fun ripping air apart with my Skyguards as I do flying. But infantry scrubs will always amount to nothing more than being farmed by everything and anything in the game. Have to admit I do enjoy killing them with all them things that make them cry! ;)
  12. Shinrah

The one-sidedness of this thread clearly shows the current situation. If you had pulled this kind of thread 6month ago you´d have 15pages of people agreeing with you on how OP air is. The fact that no one seems to agree with you is a HINT for you.

Oh, and my NC alt´s vanguard --with roughly 800 certs (of which 400 are spent on 2x ThermalOptics)-- took out 3 libs and 4 scythes within a couple of minutes, today alone. All hail the 150mm AP! (why does my MAG´s AP only have 225m/s velocity?).
  13. Maximilious

LOL

that's all I can say to the OP.
  14. Earthman

I can't help but agree here.
  15. biterwylie

It always took three rockets.

Pull a burster max. It always clears spawn campers.

If you pull one and your still stuck in your spawn through sheer volume of enemy aircraft, then the base is simply lost. You have to except as one man your not going to fight 4 ESF's and a Liberator etc.
  16. Dagonlives

Are you serious? Every single aircraft weapon has recieved an indirect nerf or a direct nerf against infantry with the exception of the dalton, which had it's gravity reverted. It is ridiculous how much effort it takes to kill infantry with a rotary gun, it takes a full mag of rocketpods to kill infantry with flak armor 5, and lock-ons cannot be dodged with afterburners anymore now.

Get real. This thread made me kinda pissy.
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

They were definately locking on faster at short range before, but I've been tanking a lot lately so haven't been using much G2A, it was quite good with the quick lockon.
  18. EmperorPenguin5

I love how ******** you are. You're so cute. In an ugly way.