Awesome Document by a PS2 Game Designer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian TR

yea you could at a high level but if you did that you probably wouldn't be able to cert into any vehicles
  2. Talizzar

Malorn....That name seems familiar. I wonder what other games he has worked on.
  3. DemoEvolved

In the manifesto the author starts out by saying, balance was achieved by having counters. Infantry beaten by armor, armor beaten by air, air beaten by skyguard/AA, AA beaten by infantry.

But then when he gets to the Libby, he says. The libby was good to kill tanks and infantry. It was a little too easy to be killed by air fighters, and it should be immune to ground AA if it was sufficiently high in the air.
    WHAT?

I'm guessing he spent a lot of time as a libby gunner, since he was a CR5 and wouldn't have time to manage a toon on the ground.

This is the problem. Bias from playstyle is just too hard to avoid.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rothnang

It's a decent read, but I think the section on hard counters is really wrong, because Hardcounters override skill as the most important aspect to the game. If you're faced with a unit you can't fight back against no amount of skill in the world matters. Nothing should ever be a hard counter to another unit, in an ideal situation all units should have some capacity to fight all other units.
  5. RadarX

I'm glad you folks are enjoying the document however as this isn't specific gameplay related I need to close it.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.