Awesome Document by a PS2 Game Designer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBloodEagle

I found this older document created by the guy who is now in charge of the metagame, thanks to PharmD's post . It's a really great read if you have time.

Malorn
    Contributor
    PlanetSide 2
    Game Designer
    https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3F2FEFCEE9161B6E!142

• Up x 2
  2. RykerStruvian

I didn't want to post something about this or Malorn but to be honest he is really the best bet we have on getting a fantastic game. The guy is really responsive, courteous, and listens. And he makes fantastic points in his manifesto. :)
  3. Zarth

That's your own sky drive man. Nobody can read anything cuz they obviously they're not gonna go into your account.
  4. TheBloodEagle

Not sure what you're talking about. That's the developers skydrive and when I click it, it opens this up for me.
    Posted it on Scirbd since it takes people to a log-in screen on Chrome but not on my Firefox.

READ HERE: http://www.scribd.com/doc/118915952/psmr

[IMG]
  5. PurpleOtter

It opens for you because your PC has your logon credentials cached...
  6. bluEyedillusions

Probably because the link you provided is going through your logged-in account.

Happening to me too.
  7. D0n

Wrong link.
  8. TheArchetype

Tested it, document doesn't work. I would like to read it though.
  9. TheBloodEagle

That's really strange. I honestly don't even have a Skydrive and I didn't log into ANYTHING. I'm downloading it and uploading it to Scribd then.

edit: if you open it with Chrome it takes you to a login screen. But in Firefox it takes me to the document.
  10. D0n

Clear your cookies and power cycle your modem.
  11. TheBloodEagle

12. D0n

13. TheBloodEagle

Yeah definitely! All of us can be a lot more positive about PS2 knowing he's on the team. I'm sure people will have their faith restored after reading some of his older thoughts.
  14. D0n

I think he also overdid the scoring a bit.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rivenshield

So far as I know he's just a base designer. What's your source on him being involved in getting some strategy back in the bugger?
  16. TheBloodEagle

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=51743&page=2

• Up x 1
  17. Isila

Malorn has been a pillar of the community for nearly a decade, since the early days of PS1. That man knows exactly what's right and wrong about doing the kind of gameplay that Planetside does.

Note well the bits about having hard counters, as opposed to the current dev notion of 'deterrents'. Also about the ways that PS1 had to give more direction and purpose to the game than just zerging from base to base, which are lacking in PS2 currently. The game doesn't have to be mindless, pointless HE/Rocket/Zephyr farming like it is now, it can be something much greater.
    • Up x 1
  18. Rivenshield

>I was hired for metagame and environment design, and I can assert that I am paying attention and I feel the same pains you do. I play the game tons, and I watch streams while I work to keep on top of current events and meta. I want this to be the game I play for the next decade, if not beyond.

Thanks. I missed that.

That gives me a bit of heart. This man has an incredibly good head on his shoulders. He's an IT worker and a PS1 vet and a thoughtful poster from way back. Heretofore I had hoped for constructive tweaks to base design. Henceforth I may hope for more.
  19. XLander

none of the op links work or work without log in to some other site.
  20. Skadi

So... there is hope?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.