[Suggestion] AV Turret is GREAT.... now lets buff the AI turret. Here's how. (Simple)

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ronin Oni, Feb 13, 2013.

1. commandoFi

Well said. If being stuck in position wasn't bad enough, you are often better off shooting people with your carbine. Apart from the ideas you already stated, it would be nice to have a bit wider of an angle to shoot to make up for the poor shielding you get.
  2. gnometheft

I think the AI turret is in a okay place. It cant just hard counter infantry, its supposed to be a punisher for other infantry trying to step out of cover or stop infantry from progressing down a hallway, and it does that job pretty well. I can definitely get alot of kills with it when there are mobs of infantry.
    With that said though, if it must be buffed, the shield could be widened or the head shot hole could be shielded as a cert unlock. I find its really not hard for an enemy who knows what they are doing to already flank my sides just by sperating a bit. the headshot hole is hard countered by anyone with a half accurate gun, and can really be a hamper to an already slim shield. Other than that, I think the gun is fine
  3. Absoluth

Due to the nature of the weapon (ACE tool pulling out of nothingness), it should be weaker than actual explosive made rockets.
  4. RobotNinja

...give it a couple weeks, then Nerf the AV Turret and then a month later release a new AV Turret with the same stats as the original AV Turret before it was nerfed. 700SC plox.
  5. Ghoest

Good post OP
  6. Takoita

This is seriously needed. Also, face shield! It is already a deathtrap for the user, the least it can have is full frontal protection.
  7. Acuta

This + the OP = a great and useful turret. Not indestructible, not hard to counter, but still useful.

Only other ongoing (since Beta) gripe is that HA rockets insta-gib the Engie, and hardly damage the turret. Seems...odd.
  8. warmachine1

Unless SOE fix deployment mechanism - waste of certs!
    Before i find tactical position where i dont get blocked by corpse/far-away object/player/slope ... , Im usually dead.

+ zoom would be nice - not because of zoom, but for sensitivity change & more precision!
    • Up x 1
  9. RadiO

It would be nice if the Turret used the generic-infantry mouse sensitivity rather than the Vehicle sensitivity. Anyone who drives a tank or flies an ESF has a ridiculously sensitive turret. ^___^
    • Up x 1
  10. Sian

/signed. If the thing was a kobalt, I'd have reason to risk imminent headshottage and use it.
  11. Sian

This is why I <3 on-the-fly mouse sensitivity.
  12. Sian

Why? Engi is the weakest offensive class in the game. HA has eq of both turrets firepower while staying mobile besides. Carbines are suck compared to rifles and lmgs.
  13. RadiO

This is why I need a better mouse. ;c
  14. Ronin Oni

I use that too...

but it's gotten me killed. Pop off a turret to kill a guy who shot a rocket from the wall behind me only to turn at half the speed I normally do >.< LOL!

More sensitivity options would def be a good thing

I recommend the Logitech G500 personally.
  15. Ronin Oni

I believe a single rocket should continue to do so... but blow up turret as well

however locking onto turrets with no warning to operator is a lil unfair... either no-lock on or give a warning... or maybe make it so lock-on would only heavy damage turret and operator if neither of the prior.
  16. MorganM

My only complaint with the MANA is the fact it doesn't protect you in the most logical way... front and center. I'd rather the overall spread of the shield be reduced BUT have it completely cover my front. Why on earth do I care of the dead space to my left and right are shielded? NOBODY IS OVER THERE... not me... and no friends because nobody in their right mind hangs out next to these things.
  17. Rhinzual

They could make the shield cover the entire front, legs and head included, making the engineer resistant to small arms fire.
  18. Flix

Thats how it should be. I mean most of the times you die to a rocket or grenade anyway. But that way you dont have to leave your gun the moment 2 or more ppl show up. Did you ever see a maschinegunner let go of their gun only because infantry arived befor him? Why should that work in this game right?^^
  19. Rhinzual

The CE (Combat Engineer) turrets in PS1 were perfect. You could eventually have manned ones (I arrived after Aftershock and when BR topped out at 25) but the main ones (when I was around) were small ones that actually chewed up most infantry (Reinforced eXo Suit users with Personal Shield implant included) but went down pretty fast and used just one ACE. Granted, an Infiltrator running the implant to fool radar and Advanced Hacker cert could sneak behind it via crouch walking and then hack the thing.
  20. bodmans

well i guess the AI turret could use les spread. but if you land it on the right spot its perfect. 2 weeks ago i hotdropped onto a base(with an air landing strip similar to one on a tech plant but then half embedded into a mountain) that my platoon was assaulting. coincidentaly another platoon(TR) just took it. anyway after dropping in as an ENG on the far end of the landing stripi instantly deployed my mana turret in the direction of the far end of the strip and used my carbine to take care of infils and HA's on the edge near me(some jumped down by surprise). i then turned to my turret and began to shoot the derps trying to kill me by just walking straight at me. eventually i had a total of 6 kills, and lots of random damage due to spread. eventually sometime turned infil and sniped me.

my point is not that 1 ENG should be able to clear an entire landing strip with 1 turret(ive seen kobalts do that) but at least make them kills stuff further than 30m