AV mines should be weight triggered

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Talizzar, Dec 15, 2012.

1. 4GibMe

How about SOE fix what is broken in the game, and leave what is working alone.

I die from things I don't see in the game all the time. Clays, C4, Mines, snipers, tank shells, etc, etc. Should they all be nerfed because of it?
  2. Foefaller

Unless it's one of those rare utility pouch "I got twice the C4 of an LA, Blockade Armor don't mean ****!" Kind of Engineers, but they are pretty rare, since most people still don't use mineguard.

...not to mention it takes over 1K certs to be able to carry four parcels of C4 at once, only takes 100 for two tank mines.
  3. Xasapis

Well, a fully mineguarded vehicle needs more mines than a fully certed engineer with pouch armor upgrade can carry. Thing is, most people (including myself) only have some generic sunderer upgrades and don't bother putting any more points on them. It does make the vehicles vulnerable, which should dictate their placement (away from easy to reach infantry positions.

The same holds true for MBTs, especially considering they most people will go for armor upgrades on them and not mineguard. You don't enter an infantry hot zone in a MBT without infantry cover and expect to live. If you do, you'll end up with light infantry dropping C4 on your roof or engineers drop mines at your feet.