Auxiliary Shield & Ambushing Changes.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Jul 6, 2016.

1. CuteBeaver

Blackhand damage is being increased just ever so slightly at its max range. Going from 250 dmg to 275 damg when used 125 meters. Blackhand will always do 550 dmg on a headshot which is enough to kill an infil using Auxy if followed* by a body shot. Blackhands still not going to be able to one hit kill. However you can HSO with it at least.** Edited for horrible typos on phone.
  2. Diggsano

wasn't it a headshotmultiplier of 2x so when it hits you with 450damage x2= 900? so i think the Normal Infiltrator would not be able to survive a headshot within 5m......but with that Shield the Infilitrator survives...it is just like a Commissioner shot, just for 5m instead of 8m min Damage Range
    • Up x 1
  3. CuteBeaver

Wait now you have confused me.... Oh goodness your right! Its not 475 at 5m its still 450 at 5 meters... o_O

So then this really on has any impact on ranged activities... ? Which can get a bit foggy and difficult to visualize. I guess someone wearing Auxy could cheese the Blackhand users effective range then? So the buff is just keeping its effectiveness at the same distance...

What happens at various distances? Oh gawd my head hurts now. I think this one needs a graph or something.
  4. CuteBeaver

[IMG]

So I tossed the values into Iridars bullet calculator (factoring in NW on the Medic and Heavy.) Then graphed it in Excel (2003) and this painted a pretty interesting picture of how many body shots it takes at different ranges to kill some sample enemies.

[IMG]

Comparing the new buffed blackhand vs the old blackhand there are little increases in functionality at more preferred ranges we we tend to operate. Extending our reach not just towards the tail end of the weapons range but towards the middle too.

[IMG]

In this case we it takes 3 body shot kills up to 65 meters with the old version. But the new version extends this goodness out to 73 meters, and flat out prevents a 4 body shot kill from happening against a 1050 target wearing Nanoweave. Forgive my incredibly outdated 2003 Excel graph which is kinda lopsided and doesn't write 125 even though its still plotted on the chart.

[IMG]

For simplicity sake anything 3 shots or lower is a very good thing. Since we can open with a headshot and follow up with a body shot for 2 shot kills. In this example we should be thinking about running.... o_O
  5. Sil4ntChaozz

CuteBeaver what are your though on... the Ripper & co.? I mean its a freakin mini chainsaw! I had extensive use with knifing (with horrid hit boxes & hit detection) BUT, they were almost silent even activated. Ripper sounds... like a giant chainsaw, its loud and obnoxious and awesome. Haven't bought it (yet) & watched vids on it but I want an infiltrators POV iydm. Please?
    • Up x 1
  6. Diggsano

The Ripper is nearly the only short straw a TR infiltrator could have...when he can use the Claymore right.
    • Up x 1
  7. CuteBeaver

Auxy Mini Update:

Power Knives (all factions) are getting brought up to 1050 dmg when active to cut through auxy shenanigans.
    They appear to be the only knife type getting buffed in this way. The wording leads me to believe the buff is only going to affect the "activated" state. So don't expect any additional edge when it comes to quick-knife antics or wielding shenanigans.

[IMG]

In other news: Bouncing Betties and VS Proximity mines are also getting their damage nudged up to 1050. Claymores already do enough damage to kill Auxy wearers at 1300 damage.

No news on Rebel, Cerberus, or Scout Rifles, or Crossbows.