As usual, VS received the worst item : crappy launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akordia, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Guppy

When you have a massive glowing line pointing back to you - it isn't "sneak". Just get that one out of you're head, considering it doesn't deal much damage :)
  2. subz3r01337

i like it but it would be better if the cof wasnt horrible
  3. Ogornomus

I think the Lancer we got is not entirely the same as we saw in the demo. It was demonstrated that you could switch from hipfire to ADS while charging (demo), but not in the actual game. Hope it is a bug and will be fixed. Also the CoF may be a bit too much. Only tested it in VR training so far...so, more testing should be done on the field...hmm actualy how many of you tested it in the field before posting that it is broken?
  4. FlayvorOfEvil

As much as I want the Vanu to suck, I think the Lance should be more like the Railgun from S4 League.

1 to 2 second charge
    laser accurate
    1 shot infantry kill full charge.
  5. Poka

I absolutely agree, but trading the reaver for a scythe would still be like trading a marble for a diamond (even if it isn't a golden diamond that grants wishes).
  6. ShayeUK

Go trial a striker for TR... try and get a lock, then a kill... you'll be surprised
  7. Bloodmyth

I've tried all 3 in VR and my conclusion? They're all bad considering the hype and expectations surrounding these, I weren't impressed with any of them and I'll save my pennies for now.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheRunDown

You'd be supprised how useless the Striker is the other 70% of gameplay..
    It only locks on to two things, Ground Vehicles and Air Vehicles.. It does not lock-on around 100 meters.. has no dumb fire to defend against close targets and doesn not lock on to Engineer Turrets and is completely useless against Base Turrets if your not firing from a hight. If you shoot it from below or straight on.. it hits the base of the turret platform and dose no damage.

It's Fun to zurg with, but easily countered with an offensives zerg. ESF still quite easily farm Striker Squads with flares.
  9. Roxputin

VS do not need to learn how to play or use their weapons, we are EZ mode remember. EZ to increase the other factions k/d that is.

Btw: I tried the lancer in the VR, not that I was going to spend SC on it or anything, and suprisingly I was shocked. I let loose a couple of sngle shots. Hmm . A couple of more. Well ... Then I got prepared for the mother of all lancer shots. I let the nanites build up on this death ray assuming it would be like that scene from Star Wars and the Death Star annnd....uh....I put the weapon down and slowly backed out of VT vowing to never think that a VS weapon would ever surpass my expectations.

Higby is right. We have the best weapons, we are just not willing to be stupid enough to spend real money on them to get better with them.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kaerius

Single lancer is weak, organized squad with them, armor/air won't know what hit them. It's what, 3 charged hits to kill an ESF, or 9 uncharged. 9 people using them, an engineer supplying ammo and a pair of medics just in case, and you have more perfect AA than a group of twin burster maxes, and you're still effective against tanks. I am not looking forward to running into VS zergs with these.

But yes it does look a bit weak in the small scale. One lancer isn't going to do much on its own.
  11. Nepau

I honestly keep thinking the exact same thing each time Higby states we are just not using the weapons right.

What I would love is for him to post some videos of how to use the weapons properly in actual game conditions, not vs stationary spawned targets.
  12. Roy Teppert

Why does the projectile only travel 500 meters? I'm pretty sure the default launcher can go farther than that. You'd think this laser beam that travels at the speed of light that is used by this super advanced alien-technology faction would be able to travel a little farther than a conventional bullet...

When I heard about the lancer, I expected it to be pinpoint accurate and basically travel forever. Didn't expect it to have a large CoF and to just die off at medium-long range like it does.
  13. BalogDerStout

Higby should release a video tearing it up with a Lasher/Lancer combo as a technique guide to teach the VS how to play.

We could really use such an educational video since clearly we're doing it wrong.
    • Up x 2
  14. Roxputin

Nepau, I believe you played PS1 and we remember what they (SOE) did to he VS faction with its lasher nerfs. I honestly believe that the VS weapons will never be worth a **** because of that fiasco. We all know that the lashers strength is using them in numbers and to suppress chokeholds. I agree with Higby that in that scenario, the lasher would be a formidable weapon of choice. But we all know that in PS2, if I or someone else is spamming away at a door or entrance to a particular structure with the lasher, some idiot is always going to run in front of you or directly into the streams (orbs), grief locking the lasher user. Not to mention the times the lasher user gets self inflicted grief from their own lash effect.

This is coming from a die hard NC player in PS1 who chose VS in PS2 knowing the VS would be the underdogs.

Btw: never cross the streams.
  15. Kaon1311

From UP to massive OP with OHK versus infantry.
    Needs balancing, but a sniper instant hit launcher, that 1 shots infantry and damages vehicles is a tad op dont you think.
  16. Kaon1311

The video would show him hover the mouse over NC char select and pressing mouse 1.
    I joke :p
  17. DeltaGun

Seeing as I regularly snipe people using the default launcher (S1), I don't see how people could back pedal and say that Launcher 1-hitting infatnry is OP. And the S1 doesn't even have to charge up.
  18. BalogDerStout

Add to that the Phoenix already being used for this purpose.
  19. Kaon1311

Difference is the standard launcher is slow, and if you snipe with that, good job since you accounted for drop and player movement etc. But the speed of the projectile from the lancer is a 'tad' faster, therefore OHK on infantry would take little to no skill and sniper infiltrators would be obselete overnight.

Seems like no one wants balance, they just want their items to be OP :/
  20. KRE8R125

I wish the NC had an instahit launcher...