Are people imterested in high skill gameplay?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Aug 31, 2018.

1. HippoCryties

Idk how to get you guys to believe me but I’ll give you an example. On esamir today there was a chokepoint with a wall between it. I pushed up as HA which I couldn’t have done as any class and began a push which took the enemy out our base. To me KD shows me how many people I kill in a life and yes killing people does make a difference. In an enemy overtop i can push them off point, that’s a difference made to the battle
  2. MonnyMoony

Well - you could post a video, although is it really so important that people acknowledge your 'skillz'.

It doesn't though as already pointed out. You could have killed 10 people and not died - or you could have killed 10 people and been killed yourself 10 times, but been revived each time by a good medic. You'd end up with the same K/D.

Also - even if you killed 10 people, if you didn't go for the correct high value targets (like medics) your kills could have been for nothing. Walking into a room and mowing down 10 people means nothing if the one you miss is a medic who throws a revive grenade and undoes all your kills in an instant.

Skill isn't demonstrated by overall number of kills - its demonstrated by going for the high value targets, even if that means sacrificing yourself to do it.
  3. HippoCryties

Sigh*.
    Clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    All I’m trying to say is to ME KD is important as it is to my friends and a lot of people I know. Why can’t people just accept that?
    Fml
  4. Corezer

"U have an IVI KD under 4, ur a nub."
    -DasAnfall
  5. TRspy007

if u leave a link to ur utube sure, make sure to post fast paced and/or funny content, feel free to make tutorials for new players, enjoy urself. If you don't wanna make vids don't do it, if you want to and you enjoy, keep doing it people will follow dw.
  6. Rydenan

lol @ you telling me to calm down. All I did was spell out the facts for you.
    You're the one calling people "boi" and using expletives like "bloody hell" and "jesus christ" in your responses while calling people "plebs" and telling us to "calm our stuff".
    Now, take a real hard, introspective look, and you'll see that you're the one being emotional here.
  7. HippoCryties

lol guess I can’t even say the word screw to you cos ull start crying like a child. So I’m done here.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

m8,

At this point, publish some video and let's get it over with, "Seeing is believing" as my American friends say.

Myself, I like a lot PS2 videos from Moukass and Renz0r, they create/created many videos showcasing tactics and playstyles and adding comments about what they were doing.
  9. MonnyMoony

Yet here you are on the forum highlighting your KD and trying to convince others of your 'skillz'? If it's important to you and your friends, i'm sure you can swap notes using in game chat or suchlike.

I didn't ask about your KD - you chose to divulge it. I'm merely pointing out that no matter how much you feel it does, KD as a statistic doesn't demonstrate 'skill' due to many factors in the way the game is designed and the data the stat is based upon.

If you are so convinced of your 'high skill' game play - just post a video, and people can judge for themselves.
  10. MonnyMoony

This.

An edited montage of 'I win shield' heavies simply mowing people down is not all that interesting - there are loads of them around.

What is interesting is learning tactics, tips and tricks etc to make you a better player.
    • Up x 1
  11. HippoCryties

Damn I went on a massive killstreak earlier today on my character EuroScumbag
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=euroscumbag
    Only it wasn’t recording . Sorry dudes I might leave instant replay on xD
    Damn it would have been so good I was alone at the crown and they came at me with maxes but I was top of my game
    Sorry
  12. HippoCryties

Yeah I’ll see if I can do a positioning video although I’ve never edited before!
  13. HippoCryties

Also are you interested in class specific tips, scrims or anything else? I’m interested too see what sort of things people want.
  14. Skraggz

Quick question, what's your ping look like?
  15. NXR1

Been looking for a planetside 2 youtuber who uploaded within the last 2 years, its alot harder to find than I would think. so +1 follow your dreams.
  16. Rydenan

You really should just take four seconds to read your own responses out loud before clicking "post". Then it might become a bit clearer who here is acting like a child.
  17. HippoCryties

Uhhh about 30 ms usually. On emerald around 90. Why’d u ask?
  18. Skraggz

Game is clientside, you named your character euroscumbag, was just wondering you were abusing ping, but sub 100 isn't.
  19. HippoCryties

Haha yeah only called it that because a guy hackusated me and I told him I was from Europe. Thought it’d be funny :D
  20. Luicanus

Alas my screen recording is lacking but I'll throw together something (using stills) this weekend that you might find fun, not for PMBs necessarily but a couple of useful point holding techniques.