Are people imterested in high skill gameplay?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Aug 31, 2018.

1. HippoCryties

So recently a few of my friends asked me to record my gameplay and so I was wondering. Would people watch it if I uploaded it on YT? Or not?

Thanks
    • Up x 2
  2. pnkdth

Yes, high quality content usually do nicely. Raw footage can get a bit long though, so editing down "dead time" is probably good. Just be prepared for the usual remarks of you being a "tryhard" and so on. People love to hate on people who put effort into things.
    • Up x 5
  3. ChUnKiFieR

If you put your best effort online, I will support you. Haters don't really hate other game players,, they hate themselves first and foremost because they don't know how to live right. Hate is easy. Compassion takes effort.
    • Up x 4
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

I think it depends on the person. I really enjoy fail montages when they're nicely put together and do enjoy watching raw footage providing there's no music in the background, but am not really keen on killstreak montages, if at all as I find them to be too samey. I think it's ok to have the odd killstreak montage here and there, but videos upon videos of them for me just gets boring fast. I've seen so many videos of players uploading killstreaks, and when I click their channel, they only ever upload the same thing in slightly different situations.

I understand that players post videos of their achievements, but form an audience standpoint, unless a person is really dedicated and that interested in what's being shown, after a while they will lose interest and move on because the same content is being shown repeatedly.
    • Up x 1
  5. ChUnKiFieR

I would be interested in seeing tours of constructs (bases) with great design and defense strategies. Show me stuff I can use.
    • Up x 1
  6. HippoCryties

Hmm sounds like a good idea. But my mic is RIP after I kinda raged! xD
  7. HippoCryties

So you wouldn’t mind quick killstreaks no music just raw small killstreaks like 4-5 mins long?
  8. ZDarkShadowsZ

I don't mind those kinds so long as they're not of Heavy Assault. And if they are, I like them to be creative. A lot of players just show killstreaks of them mowing down between 8-15 people in a row and stuffing it up on YouTube. Not to disrespect those that spend time making those kinds of videos, but that kind of gameplay for me is so bland.
  9. HippoCryties

Damn. I main heavy xD. What do you mean by creative?
  10. ZDarkShadowsZ

This is mostly from a personal opinion standpoint so perhaps others will see this differently, but I find killstreak montages that has players mowing down low-ranked/newbie players, spawn camping etc and making a video out of it. There's no skill in that. It's just being an opportunist in an 'easy kill' situation and turning it into some 'wow factor'. I've seen so many videos of players making killstreak montages, and many of their victims are new players, or they're camping a spawn and waiting for people to leave, or they're in an over-popped area where it's a 3:1 fight to their advantage and they have free-reign on where they can traverse to flank an outpopped opponent. Personally I find those kinds of videos to be really uncreative and uninteresting. Again this is my opinion and others may feel otherwise.

What I do like seeing in killstreaks is when a player clearly has a huge disadvantage. a 1-12 vs 24-48 fight and somehow they manage to keep going and going. Tower Stomping with classes other than LA or Infiltrator when the player is in an even or outpopped fight. Even tutorial videos that have killstreaks going in the background. Those kinds of videos I find need those 'samey' killstreak videos because they're used for a purpose of explanation and not the 'wow look at me!' factor.
    • Up x 4
  11. Gustavo M

hmm.
    If you were so "skillful" -- you wouldn't mentioned that in first place. Neither asked the forums for such video. Flag me as a "hater" all you want -- but that is a fact.
  12. Twin Suns

"No one cares about consolers. Buy a real computer if you want to be a real gamer." - ChUnKiFieR

Ironic isn't it.

Compassion takes effort.
  13. PlanetBound

What kind of gameplay are you talking about? Something besides one person running around shooting people right?
  14. HippoCryties

Hmm I do love fighting against enemy over pop simply because they are usually hopeless and easy to farm :p
  15. HippoCryties

That’s kinda what they want
  16. HippoCryties

How tf does that make any sense? I’m simply asking if there is a demographic for higher skill gameplay, since I occasionally go on a nice streak.
    And how do you know I’m not skilled. Here’s an account I made recently
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=hippocrytiestr&show=statistics
    Pretty certain it’s better than most.
  17. Rydenan

We'd have to see video to judge your skill. A 2.9 K/D stat on a BR 8 really doesn't mean much.
  18. HippoCryties

Yeah I’m tryna record just wanted to show this pleb my most recent stats.
  19. DarkStarAnubis

Interesting topic here.

What is "skilled game play"?

If, by looking at the map, I guess the enemy will most likely get out of that building and I position myself with a good angle on the opening and I mow down almost without risks the first 2-3 attackers and then retreat and reload, is that "skilled game play"?

Those are easy kills given the situation (so no skill required to kill).
  20. MonnyMoony

Which of those stats do you feel demonstrates 'skilled' game play though?