AP lightning doesnt 1 hit an ATV

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Diilicious

beyond a joke, especially with everything the ATV has going for it.
  2. adamts01

The Flash really is a joke. You're just realizing that?
  3. TR5L4Y3R

default atv or maybe one with compositearmor?
  4. Doc Jim

According to the VR, 1 shell from the Python AP makes the standard Flash go splat.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pacster3

You sure you didn't miss? =P
  6. Halkesh

Flash have 1500 hp with -100% resistance to tank shell and 25% resistance to standard explosion
    Python AP deal 650 (tank shell) + 500 (splash)
    Real damage to flash are 650*2 + 500*0.75 = 1675

1675 is enough to OHK a stock flash, but composite armor flash have 2000 HP and will survive.
    • Up x 7
  7. Luicanus

Alternately if either the driver or passenger was wearing flak armour they could have taken the hit and survived too.

Say it's almost like AP is god damned worthless.
    • Up x 1
  8. Halkesh

If you kill the flash, both driver and passenger will die, flak armor or not.

Honestly, the main problem about flash isn't it can survive tank shell or RL, it's wraith cloaking device.
    • Up x 2
  9. Luicanus

Yes, but my point was that even if the tanker got a hit when shooting the flash he may have actually hit the person riding it who is also able to miraculously tank a shell to the chest.
    So even if the flash wasn't using Composite Armour it's possible to score a 'hit' on it without getting the OHK.

I don't actually mind the Wraith, it's not used so often as to be a major issue IMO.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

or say the operator equiped his flash with antivehicle in mind ..

... not like a flashdriver needs multiple shots against ... well ... EVERYTHING!! ... unless he goes for roadkills ..
  11. Halkesh

AV flash are much more effective than a HA and just cost 50 nanite.

It's still wonderful how much effectiveness difference there are between a 50 nanites wraith flash and a 50 nanite grenade.
  12. Luicanus

Flash is like the infiltrator of the vehicle classes, it gets places no other vehicle can and gets tools unique to it (and the ANT but I actually don't think the ANT should get the cloak). It's high risk, high reward, in a tank you risk 350-450 nanites for the reward of being able to kill things, in the flash, you risk almost no nanites but you're really squishy.

I'm actually not against the Flash itself, I think it needs to have its role developed and have suggested a deployable function that grants access to an infantry terminal (which cannot be used to pull a MAX).

The point is that the Anti-Vehicle gun can't guarantee a kill on the weakest vehicle or infantry on a direct hit, it's no wonder that no one runs AP anymore and I'm sure the infantry love the fact that HESH is the goto armament.

I agree with this sentiment 100% I think they made a grave mistake condensing the resources into a single pool. I'm sure it made the game easier to understand and less complex from a coding standpoint but it makes these tools directly comparable this way and it obviously makes no sense.
    • Up x 1
  13. FateJH

This concurrent thread about HESH Spam deserves linking.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pacster3

I somehow think that grenades kill way more people in this game than flashes. So obviously people think they are worth it more than flashes.
    I don't get all the resources arguments anyway. Resources are free and people act like stuff needs to be much better cause it costs "expensive" resources. It's not like "it costs resources...so it got to be OP". If you would pay with certs, we could discuss about it...
  15. Halkesh

I speak about kill per unique : there are a few people that use the wraith flash, but oh gosh it's nanite cost/effectiveness ratio is insane compared to frag grenade.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pacster3

But something keeps people from using it on a level that would really matter for the gameplay(even with the starfall hype that we currently have I see a whole lot more of all other vehicles around than flashes). People tend to use stuff they think is op. So maybe flash ain't all that good in thier hands.
  17. JibbaJabba

HOW TO SOLVE THE STUPID FLASH PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Cloak goes in the weapon slot.

/micdrop.
    • Up x 1
  18. Luicanus

It can be OP but it's not good regarding kills per minute except in rare situational moments.

Sure if you catch a bunch of noobs spawning at a sunderer in an open field you can road kill tonnes of them but most battles don't have such targets or at least have a vet or two who lays mines to spoil your fun.

The narrow arc of fire and fact that you're exposed to take fire while riding both make it less rewarding too.

For what it is and used in the right moments it is very powerful, but then one could argue that a single sticky 'nade can get 10 kills if you're really lucky. But I'd suggest that you're more likely to get 10+ kills with one Flash than even 3 kills with one grenade.
  19. Pacster3

Yeah, but nades you can throw anytime...in many situations. Flash is highly situational and quite high risk.
    But my argument stands: If it is pretty easily available and still not really a part of the meta(let alone driving it), it's obviously not op to a point where it would really matter.
    Let's take air: It was really difficult and not easily accessible. It was in the hand of good pilots that strong tho, that is was a major part of the game and forced everyone to adjust to it....that's what really op stuff does.
    Getting a flash certed and handling it is much easier...still you don't see them hunting vehicles or infantry all over the place.
    • Up x 1
  20. Halkesh

It will certainly solve a lot of problem, but not the cheesy invisible ramkills.

I think the best thing to do is to lower the cloak duration by a lot but allow to fire while cloaked so it will significantly increase the cooldown wraith cloaking device.
    • Up x 1