Anyone here using LMG for long range with x6 scope?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Pikachu, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Pikachu

I decided to try something different so I got the terran TMG-50 and put forward grip+compensator+x6 scope on it. The description says it's good for long range. So far it works better than I thought but enemies are surprisingly able to hit me from the ranges where I should excel, with lesser scopes.
  2. Amundsenkalmah

I use the ursa, gauss saw and jackhammer with 6x
    Good for long range but at close it's more difficult to aim and lead targets
    It's fun but 2x-3.4x-4x are better
  3. Kociboss

If you could stabilize it with Bi-pod, sure...
  4. Stromberg

Problem is, you can't compensate for recoil with them like you can with 1x (which is actually 1.35x) reflex sights without screwing up your muscle memory for aiming. Sure you can do single shots and wait for the weapon to go back, but even the ursa does only 143 or 286 minimum damage with head shots. Nobody is dumb enough to wait for 4 slow single head shots or witth nano weave even 5 without getting cover.
  5. Amundsenkalmah

Haha yeah I know it's not useful.
    I do that just to have "fun" and try something different
  6. \°•ζ•Я•Ĩ•M•°/

Perhaps try using a less powerful scope. Maybe a x4. I use a x1 or x2 on my SMG for close/medium range combat. You don't need the high power scopes. You can see them and aim at them without.
  7. Pikachu

But thats not as original as using the rarely seen x6. Also the terran x3.4 and x4 looks awful. Annoyingly huge.
  8. ColdCheezePizza

Lasher6x4lyfe :cool: no but seriously I briefly used it on the Saw back before the sway nerf without much success, 4x is the limit unless its a bolt for me.
  9. \°•ζ•Я•Ĩ•M•°/

That's why I use the x1 and x2 on my PDW Commissioner. High power scopes are for sniper rifles.
  10. Ceskaz

I used x4 scope on NC6, and I was able to engage snipers by firing shot per shot, but most of the time, I needed my shield to stay alive. Don't know with TMG-50, but automatic fire on NC6 is really hard to control with scopes >x3.4. With x2 reflex sight, you can already have a decent range.

Jackhammer with x6 ? I need some explanation about that...
    • Up x 1
  11. DeadliestMoon

....the Commissioner is the revolver.
  12. Hrafnagaldr

Nah, x2 is my maximum for LMGs. Tried 3.4x, it sucked, even with the Ursa. IF I want to fight at such ranges, I use the Eidolon Battle Rifle with 3.4x.
    • Up x 1
  13. hostilechild

I found the 3.4x and 6x scopes for SAW buggy. Bullets just went through targets way too much (headshots). The recoil was so huge it made it much harder to control and once scope sway was added almost useless. I do far better with a 2x reflex bursting at >100m
  14. LownWolfe

I would put a 10x on the commy, cause that would be a riot
    • Up x 1
  15. TheBloodEagle

I think a more fun combo to try is TMG-50 with laser and 6x.
  16. vulkkan

I tried the 6x on the TMG and hated it. I prefer 1x on everything except for the NS-15M where I run a 2x. To me, the magnified recoil and reduced FOVof high zoom scopes simply aren't worth the bigger targets they provide.
  17. Erendil

I bet the description hasn't been updated since they put sway on the 6x. :p It's significantly less effective at long range than it used to be. It still kinda works tho since automatic weapons sorta self-correct the sway so you usually don't need to hold your breath during burst/sustained fire.

That said, I use the 6x sometimes on the SAW, EM6, TMG-50, Flare, and Ursa. I've even used it a bit on the SVA-88 (pre-GU08, before they nerfed LMG foregrips). I use it only during big outdoor field battles. Otherwise I stick to the 2x/3.4x/4x depending on the expected engagement range.

I found the 6x to be especially good on the Ursa and SAW. Yes, I said the NC6 Gauss SAW. Recoil's a ***** but once you get it under control the weapon is crazy accurate. Don't do it for too long tho or you'll go cross-eyed from the screen bouncing all over...:p

But there's nothing like mowing down hapless pixel-sized enemies from 150m with 2-3 quick bursts. Most of the time they have no idea where they're getting shot from. :D
  18. \°•ζ•Я•Ĩ•M•°/

Yeah I use scopes on my pistols. Problem bro?!
  19. Ronin Oni

lolololololol

No. I don't put anything more than a 2x on my auto-fire guns... Ever.

4x on battle rifle and fast bolt action

12x on stronger bolt action

6x on semi-auto snipers.

Everything else gets RDS 1x or 2x (I ain't no IRNV scrub ;) )
  20. Mxiter

Using 4X on my TMG at very long range and it's still possible to burst 2-3 bullet with it..
    6X are terrible because of sway and the TMG medium damage per bullet.