Anyone else like the NC1 gauss rifle?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Pikachu, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Ribero

"I love it. I just love it."
    - Terrence McDonagh (Nicolas Cage), Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

-

On a side note, if the 0.75 ADS changes stick, I imagine this'll be most NC's go-to Assault Rifle. Unless the Reaper DMR changes are significant enough.
  2. Ceskaz

0.75 ADS on PTS ? With nothing else changed ?
  3. Ribero

Not quite sure what you're getting at sorry, perhaps I should've been clearer-

The changes to existing 0.75 weapons (So our Carnage BR and GR-22 fall under that), will make the Gauss Rifle the favoured NC Assault Rifle. I think anyway.
  4. Nakar

The Carnage actually comes through okay on PTS. Doesn't feel too different. The Reaper improvements are alright but I'd still take a Gauss over either.

However, the Gauss Burst got an incredible accuracy buff on PTS. It's now more accurate in standing ADS than anything bar the 200 damage guns and one of the most accurate on the move too. Feels like burst recoil was also evened out. If you don't mind it being non-automatic, give it a try on PTS and see what I mean.
  5. Trollakhiin

It's a great gun for medium ranges, and it's very controllable.
    It's not the best gun for CQC, though.
  6. janeTEXAS

Love it. 1x scope and foregrip + suppressor.
  7. KnightCole

Idk, im learning to like it alot more. Have it with a x2 and Laser. It does pretty well.
  8. MrK

That's a strange combination, tbh. You really feel the difference that much on a x1 scope in horizontal jitter between the default (which is already super low) and with forward grip? I'd have gone laser sight for x1 and grip on x2 or more.
  9. TheKhopesh

They needed to raise the max ammo pool too.
    I got purple on it pre-mag size increase.
    It burned through ammo like mad.

Then I heard they were adding a few more rounds to it's mag.
    I hopped on the test server, and it had 24 rounds per mag, with an extra 144 in reserve.

Then, for some reason, they changed that to the current 24 rounds per mag, with only the pervious 120 in reserve.
    The Reaper now makes even the skyguard look ammo conservative!

It really should have that one extra reload like it did on the test server.
  10. Moisture

This is a strange beast for me
    I use it at the firing range and its accurate, easy to use and drops enemies quickly
    I use it in real combat and its clunky, Recoils flys all over the place and targets often escape.
    I struggle to call it good. IT seems to step on the toes of the Reaper and at every other range my carnage hell even my Blitz seems to be more consistent.
    I cant quite put my finger on what I dont like about it.
  11. Gav7x

Its a amazing weapon on paper, but for some reason i cant hit the broad side of a barn with it, when with the carnage i get much better acuraccy (and it is supposed to have worse acuraccy)
  12. Erendil

As a VS, the Gauss is the only NC weapon that I wish I had in my arsenal (well, maybe the Anchor too). It's one of the most versatile weapons in the game and IMO it's superior to every VS and TR AR except for the TAR/HV45 in CQC.
  13. DocteurVK

Pretty much this ^^

On my NC alt on Ceres, I strapped a 3.4 scope and a laser sight on it, and guess what ?
    It performs very well !

One thing I found with NC guns compared to VS ones, is that their reduced RoF and their different recoil patterns make them more controllable at longer ranges.

VS guns tend to have a weird diagonal-shaped recoil, which makes me wonder why the hell I didn't choose NC in the very beginning...o_O
  14. Nakar

Technically the SABR-13 is basically just a Gauss Rifle but better, if you can get around the burst feature. In terms of ease of use it's hard to top the Gauss though. I can snipe at 150m+ with it using ironsights, it's just that reliable.
    • Up x 1
  15. DevDevBooday

I like the NC1 as well, its low DPS allows me to crush their users with ease with my TRV.