Anyone else like the NC1 gauss rifle?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Pikachu, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Pikachu

I used to ignore this weapon but now I have started to like it. Performs good, looks cood and sound is among the better of NC weapons. I gave a good chance to DMR but keep feeling disappointed. More so than with its carbine cousin. The NC1 feels better but putting an x4 scope on it was a little too much. I use x2 and laser sight.

GR-22 is another fun weapon but it has the ugly bumps at the front. Its the equivalent of the popular GD-7F but slightly worse in DPS. The high ROF is good for damage but doesnt feel much NCy. :L It lacks x2 scope for some dumb reason.

I got purple medal with gauss rifle s long ago. Guess how. :rolleyes: Time to get it with the regular gauss rifle. The DMR will have to wait.

Btw I sure wonder what weapon medic will get in the future, if the game lasts long enough.
  2. OddChelsea

Everyone likes the Gauss Rifle. It's a great gun.
    • Up x 6
  3. thePankakeManne

The NC1 is an amazing weapon: handles good, kills good, looks good and sounds good.

Only thing I could possibly ask for is perhaps an extended magazine (40 or 45 rounds like them looney TR spooks), though I do enjoy my laser sight.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pikachu

:D I just wish accuracy was a little better so x4 scope would be viable.
  5. OddChelsea

I use a 4x on it sometimes, works well enough for me. Of course I'd rather have an NS-11 for that. That gun is super accurate with a larger mag and better ADS speed, which helps with a high zoom scope if you get caught closer than you'd like because you can just wildly strafe.
  6. Epic High Five

The Gauss Rifle is an incredible gun, you should try it with the iron sights as well. They're very good and I feel like the gun is more accurate.

Your next gun, naturally, should be the Carnage with an adv grip (or adv laser depending on playstyle) because that gun is just simply incredible.
  7. DeadliestMoon

From my understanding, NC has the most Assault rifles with the .75 ADS movement speed. While VS has the most LMGs with that movement speed and TR with the most Carbines.
  8. OddChelsea

VS has the ONLY empire specific LMGs with 0.75 ADS speed. Not sure about carbines but every faction has at least one AR with that quality.
  9. lilleAllan

gauss rifle is the only reason i play medic.

it has no weaknesses and performs extremely well uncerted. 650 m/s is beast.

also it sounds and looks cool and the irons are ace.

i made a appreciation thread half a year ago. the only weapon i've bothered doing that for.
    • Up x 2
  10. RX530SS

The gr-22 is very different from the gd-7f. They do both have a high rof, but the gr-22 excels at medium range where the gd-7f fails miserably while still being a beats in cqc.
  11. Nakar

The Gauss might be the best stock weapon in the game, and by stock I mean with nothing bought. Even with attachments (and you don't need many), it's a beastly weapon. The only thing that surpasses it is the SABR-13, and that gun costs thousands of certs and a stress injury to reach the point where it beats the NC1.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kociboss

That's a very general statement....
  13. Pikachu

I got purple medal yesterday. :D Now I'm trying to get it on merc so I play LA all the time. Then it's back to medic with reaper.
  14. Kociboss

Gz.

It's a cool weapon for sure.
  15. phreec

4,779 kills and counting. It's such an incredibly versatile and powerful weapon once you get the hang of it. I personally run it with a forward grip and nothing else. I find it being the best long range automatic in the NC arsenal while still being very viable in CQC.
  16. Pikachu

You dont change weapon to gather purple medals? :confused: I leave weapons after I get that.
  17. phreec

Nope. I started playing shooters with Counter Strike where all you pretty much used was AK47, M4A1 or AWP so I don't care about having or 'completing' a plethora of weapons. Some flashy ribbons or other fluff doesn't matter enough to me to ditch weapons I like using.

I actually prefer to pick a gun and stick with it rather than switch all the time. I do still use the Carnage BR when needed but that's only because it's another gun I like using. :)
  18. KnightCole

NC1? Its an odd weapon for sure. Has a very jittery and horrible recoil pattern. I tend to burst it as full auto sends it flying all over the place. Neither option net me many good results.
  19. Locke

It's a very nice gun. Carnage or Gauss Rifle is the way to go as a NC Medic imo although I am interested in giving the Reaper a try out post mag size buff.
  20. phreec

Wut? It's probably the most accurate automatic in the game. At least with a grip.