Any TR using the "improved" Striker or Banshee?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sternn58, Jan 3, 2015.

1. sternn58

I haven't seen or heard them being used in a while? Anyone?
  2. BlueSkies

I see people using the striker (albeit rarely).

Still plenty of Banshee users (just lost the ones who couldn't aim for Higby to save their lives). Those ones are now using lolpods.
    • Up x 3
  3. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Put them to this thing [IMG]

so they can share the dust.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

I see Striker users occasionally, though I am hesitant to try and categorize their intent (Directive/Auraxium padding versus enthusiast).
    • Up x 1
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

Fly over TR, and loose half HP from the Striker without warning. and i can say, that i rarely see Phoenix.
  6. CapEnTrade

HAVE TO SAY...
    New Striker is not half bad vs vehicles. It's my favorite AV rocket launcher and it's pretty easy to use. I personally think it's the best in the game vs vehicles.

But with air, it's darn near worthless because you can't hit anything enough unless they're really close to you.

Against infantry, it's actually pretty good when shooting into groups! Not so much against single targets...

Damage should be 210 or 225 and velocity should be around 210. Then it would be perfect.
  7. TriumphantJelly

I see the Striker regularly on Miller, and the Banshee occasionally.
    Just to note, the new Banshee cannot be described as "improved": It has been nerfed (yes I realise that it was sarcasm/satire-y stuff but it still irks me).

EDIT: Sorry if that last part sounds ****-ish, just expressing myself :p
  8. TheMish

I use both. But the Striker is still an appalling piece of trash. Really hard to get used to, REALLY hard, and god help you if you move while shooting.

Hitting aircraft is a nightmare still.
    • Up x 1
  9. AgentRed

I think the striker should have another firemode that makes it a lockon again its still weaker then the old one because of right now in my opinion is a very weak rocket launcher it is so easy to dodge most of the rockets. Another thing that really needs help is the Trap worst sniper rifle in the whole game XD.
  10. St0mpy

The few kills ive got with the new striker have been on smoking and near dead targets, its got the alpha strike capability of hand thrown rocks in that it startles them a bit (and if you keep pumping rockets at them they belligerently move eventually) but one hit from a phoenix tv guided missile and a mossie explodes.

The banshee sounds great but has difficulty with more than 1 target per clip unless conditions are super optimal, they still pair well with hornets/lolpods however its clinging onto its role only barely. Now the AOE is virtually non existent switching to other noseguns give far more kills per mag at a cost of a bit more accuracy training.
    • Up x 2
  11. zaspacer

I used pre-Change (but post-Nerf from it's OP level) Striker a lot and it was my favorite Launcher (with Munitions Pouch in Suit Slot). I don't use it anymore. I currently use Annihilator instead, though I will probably use Grounder when it's for dedicated AA once I get Grounder.

I used pre-Nerf Banshee a lot for a while (Banshee/Fuel Tank), then I got bored with it and switched to it only when I needed heavy A2G vs. Infantry or on my Scout Radar Loadout when I needed to Light up a contested Bio Lab TR were attacking (just park on top of bubble usually). Now I use Needler/Rocket Pods for heavy A2G vs. Infantry.

Banshee was OP and SOE doesn't know how to tune well, so it getting gutted was inevitable. I don't know why they changed Striker because it was not regarded as being as OP when it was changed to the Coyote mechanic.

At least both have weaker but usable Weapons to use in their place to fit similar battlefield utility roles. Striker users can use Annihilator, and Banshee users can use Rocket Pods. Yes, they are not Empire Specific, but it's better than having nothing.

As has been posted many time. Expect the nerf of Banshee to put scrutiny on the possible nerf of LPPA and AH.

I much prefer Needler/Rocket Pod to Banshee/X at this point for heavy A2G vs. Infantry. For general A2G I prefer Needler/Hornet.

Rocket Pod combo give me much better A2A, lets me target Ground Vehicles better, and can deliver decently fast splash kills on non-Max Infantry.
  12. z1967

I still use the Banshee (albeit more sparsely, not because of nerfs though), its not bad but I need to get used to getting closer to guarantee more direct hits and stuff. Still usable, save that wing mount for Hornets or Tomcats.

Striker is still lol. Just use the annihilator. Apparently it is usable for taking out close range ESFs when used with a burster or other Striker.
  13. sL360

I use the striker because it's our ESRL, not because it's good. Yes, I like torturing myself. The only time I feel excessively useful with it is when there's some low hovering ESF farming all the infantry on the ground.

Then again, there IS something special about putting on max munitions pouch and going Vanguard hunting with the striker. (It's about as fun as it sounds.)

I can't fly, so when I use the Banshee it's becuase I feel like dicking around and hearing that lovely sound. No other reason.
    • Up x 3
  14. FrozenCustard

Your better off with rocket pods than the banshee. Damage range/damage nerf now needs you to use the whole 40 round mag to kill anything at most ranges. Just a downgrade to the AH.
  15. Dualice

On the rare occasion I pull heavy I usually use the Striker. Was quite surprised when I brought it out after the change. The dumfire ability is nice, especially against enemy MAXes. Can't get to grips using it vs. air yet though.
  16. f0d

i still see banshee a lot
    striker not so much
    • Up x 1
  17. p10k56

Banshee I see a lot but probably thanks to its glorious new firing sound rather then effectivity.
    I must say that now AH is better even from longer distances.
    And I use heavy certed one. Basic model must be pain to use.
    Some mag size buff will be welcomed.

I saw not too many Striker users recently but I am one of few people using it:p
    • Up x 1
  18. CorporationUSA

The Striker is pretty awesome against AH Reavers. It drops around half my health with no warning and doesn't even make a collision sound so I know I'm being hit. Aside from a Decimator, it's the best weapon infantry has against me.
    • Up x 1
  19. TheKhopesh

The striker needs move velocity (I'd say a good 225 m/s would do nicely) for AA use, but otherwise it's actually a really fun weapon, especially against weaker armor targets like harassers and lightnings.

The harassers start smoking very quickly, and make perfect prey for this weapon simply because they don't take too much fire to down once someone else has sunk a round or two into them, and the striker shots move so very very fast compared to how much damage they put out.
  20. Takoita

Can't say much about Banshee, but Striker...

[IMG]

In this kind of situation it's okay. You (almost) can't miss, so you hammer that trigger and thus minimize your exposure time, which allows you to use the (kind of meagre) increased DPM in full.

[IMG]

In this kind of setup, when a solid battle line is yet to be fully soldified and a bunch of people try to rush through the no man's land in the last minute, shooting Striker at the closer targets may yield some damage. (You'll note that I am not using it in this shot though - there is no way in hell I can hit most moving enemy vehicles without a lock-on from that distance in real battle conditions.)

[IMG]

Here, after the intial frantic rush of would-be linebreakers has subsided, Striker is kind of useless. If you manage to sneak up behind a Lightning, you'll probably deal some serious damage - or even score a kill if it was already smoking - but outside of surprise attacks on tanks' rear from close range, Striker is worse than every other option available. The arc of the shot, its velocity, COF if you try to shoot as fast possible and damage per missile make sure that medium-to-long range AV is impossible.

Well, no, you can dumbfire it, so it is capable of dealing damage in situations Annihilator would trip you up, so there is that.

AI and anti-MAX capability, last I checked, was ineffective.

[IMG]

As for AA work, this is about the range you can strat trying to hit a moving Galaxy with it (maybe). Notice that I'm not actually using the Striker in the shot here either. Guess why? Because it is ineffective at this job too.

Shooting at aircraft making a really close range attack run usually allows to land some (or even all) shots in the magazine pretty reliably - mainly because of the lack of the lock-on warning, I'd imagine - but since it can't one-mag-kill a ESF even if all of the shots hit, it usually ends up as an exercise in futility.

I have yet to try using it from the rumble seat of a Flash, Harasser or Valkyrie, so I have no comment on that.